Combine Study, Singapore Travel

Vaishnav, Rakesh and Maitreyi accompanied Poornima to the Varma Mansion. As they entered Poornima told Renu " Maa till Shivrathri they will be coming with me. Models are starting right. We thought we will do combine study. That way all of us can score well"

" That is fine Poorni. You people first have tea and snacks. Then study" told Renu. The children had their snacks and moved to Poorni's room.

" Nami you are not supposed to disturb didi and friends now. Come down and do your home work " called Vindhya.

" Nami come to my room. I will look at your home work " called Suman. Nami took her notebooks and went to Suman.

As soon as they entered the room they all sat together. They looked tense.

" Poorni everything will be fine right. Don't even feel like studying" told Rakesh

" Guys we cannot be afraid. We had done that dignity for widow right. We will take this also as such. Sudhir uncle knows naa" told Vaishnav

" Exactly Vaishu if we are afraid we only will lose. Come let us study. We will have this routine" told Poorni

The kids were there till dinner time. Then they said goodbye. Sreedhar said he will drop Maitreyi at home asking the driver to drop Vaishu and Rakesh.

When he came back everyone was assembled for dinner. As he saw Sreedhar Sudhir went to him and took out an envelope.

" Your tickets for Singapore and your Visa. You are going on 4th , coming back on 9th. 5,6,7 is the trade fest in Singapore. Here are the passes too" . Sreedhar looked at them. He was in no mood to go. 1 week looked to him like 100 years. How was he supposed to stay away from Suman. That too when problems are running. But he had no option. He had to go.

That night Suman opened the letter Sreedhar had sent through Vindhya Bhabi

" Sumi today I understand your feeling. I understand your dread when I was going to US. That unknown fear with which you were bugging me. The fear which I called your madness, today I am feeling the same madness. I don't want to go. No Singapore can make me happy without you. Everyday, every moment I will be thinking about you. Sumi I am leaving my heart with you. At any point anything comes your way, think of our love, think of those 7 rounds we have taken together promising each other to be together in ups and downs of life. That will give you strength to fight. Your Sreedhar loves you a lot ". She could see the ink was spread signaling he had cried while writing it.

She looked at the Tedy in the bed " Don't you know Sumi feels bad when you cry. You are not going to Singapore crying. I know what to do"

It was the day for Sreedhar to go. He had completed his packing. Maheswari gave him dahi sakkar after the morning Pooja. He took it. Luggages were taken in the car. Suman came down dressed.

" Sreedhar can you drop me to army camp on the way to airport. Else it will be unnecessary trouble for Sudhir Jethji if I go on usual time. This I will reach 30 minutes before, but I feel that is fine"

" Yaa that is good Suman. You go with him and let him drop you on the way. Then you also have breakfast" told Maheswari.

" No Maa. It's ok. I will have lunch" told Suman

" That is not a good habit Suman. Have your breakfast before you go" told Maheswari

Suman didn't wait at the table, but went to kitchen took a plate and started keeping breakfast for her.

" Now should I order you to eat. Eat fast. Sreedhar has a flight to catch" told Maheswari as Suman stood nibbling the food. She was not used to eating alone. She always had food with Renu Bhabi, Vindhya Bhabi and Maheswari. Now they were serving and she eating. But she had to eat she knew as Sreedhar's well being was important to her.

Once the car moved out of the drive way Suman kept a wooden box and asked Sreedhar to take. He looked at her quizzingly and tried to open the box. She indicated no, signaling open only in flight. He nodded and dropped her at the army camp. She waved him goodbye. His eyes looked concerned.

As soon as Sreedhar was seated in the flight and the flight started moving for take off he opened the box. On the top was a beautiful red rose. He smiled as he took the flower and smelled it. It was fresh. She might have taken it from the garden that day morning. There were many letters kept one after another. He took the top one opened it

" Phool tumhe beja hai khat main, phool nahi mera dil hai" said the opening line and he smiled.

" Sreedhar I have kept 6 letters in this box. You are supposed to open only 1 letter a day. This fresh flower inside this box for a day will ensure this box will have a beautiful fragrance. Even if the flower dries you can always feel the fragrance. Flower represents our love for each other. Whatever condition we are, we should be able to feel its fragrance. You are going to Singapore. Fragrance of my love has enveloped you. It will not go anywhere. So don't worry. I want you to enjoy Singapore"

He kept the letter and flower back in the box and smiled. Yes their love and commitment to each other will get them through this week of separation.

j6K