The Packet

Rakhi took everyone upstairs to show the rooms so that they can freshen up .

" Suman Bhabi this is your room. I will stay with you. Actually I am planning to go to Delhi for college once my results come. Papa told me to discuss with you. So I have a lot to ask. You wont mind right"

" No Rakhi I am so happy you are staying with me. I will try to answer all your questions" told Suman

" Poornima, you and Namrata will stay in this room" told Rakhi to Poornima opening another room.

Meanwhile Sreedhar and Vaishnav came carrying the luggage

" Sreedhar Bhaiyya you and Vaishu stay in your room. I don't have to show that right " told Rakhi

" No need dear sister" telling it he took the luggage to far end of the hall way. " Sumanji we will bring yours and Poorni's luggage in a minute" told Sreedhar as he walked.

" Aakash you stay in this room with Adwaith. This has connecting door to Sreedhar Bhaiyya's room. So any issues just open it and go to his room" told Rakhi

" You all get freshen up. Everything is kept arranged in all rooms. Let me go and help others in the kitchen" saying it Rakhi ran down as Sreedhar and Vaishnav bought the second set of luggages which they gave to Aakash and then kept it at Poornima's room.

" Sreedhar uncle now only 2 suitcase of Suman Aunty remaining right. Should I come" asked Vaishnav

" No need Vaishu. I will bring it" told Sreedhar looking at Suman. She smiled at him and asked Aakash who was standing nearby

" Aakash do you want Chachi to open the suitcases "

" No Chachi I have stayed here before. I will open mine and will give dress to Adwaith also. Maa has told me everything" told Aakash

" Ok then go and freshen up " told Suman as she entered her room. It was spacious with a wardrobe with long mirror on one side and a double bed in the middle. She knew the bathrooms were common as Rakhi told in the far end of the hall. Two of them were there. Old style she thought. Even in her house it was like that. It was post marriage she was living in a room where there was attached bathroom. Sreedhar had told their house was renovated with modern style when Dadu got a windfall profit some twenty years back.

" Sumi" she turned hearing the familiar voice with all tenderness.

"Sreedhar give one suitcase to me" told Suman as she went to take the suitcase from his hand, only for her Kankan to get stuck in the handle of suitcase.

She tried to yank it, but Sreedhar held her hand keeping the other suitcase on the ground

" I will take it " he told and tried taking it. But it was not coming. Sreedhar figured out he will have to open the suitcase to release the Kankan as the way it was entangled Suman was not able to take it from her hand also.

" Sumi I am going to open the suitcase. I will help you to keep things if they fall. Nothing is there that will break right " he asked

Suman looked at him apprehensively. " No need Sreedhar, let me try" . He held her hand firmly " Is there something that breaks" he repeated.

" No" she told slowly not looking at him.

Sreedhar opened the suitcase as the contents spilled over and Suman extracted the Kankan from its handle

Sreedhar was taking things and placing on the bed. He took a packet of Stayfree in his hands and Suman snatched it from him, turning away from him.

" Now go Sreedhar, enough of help " . Sreedhar looked at her amused. She was fidgeting with her pallu and didn't look at him.

He knew it was not the right time to talk to her as he could see she was plainly uncomfortable about him taking that packet. He retreated from the room. Suman sighed and put the packet back in the suitcase , rearranging it. Then she took things to go for the bath and kept the suitcases in the wardrobe.