Corp Audit plan, Brahman Bhoj

Tilak sat with members of MA. This time Tilak had decided to give the audits of MA corp funds to new a group of auditors after carefully evaluating them.

Corp fund was something the MA collected from all its members on a monthly basis. This fund was used to support a member during financial crisis, to run some recreational activities which included annual day celebrations of the club and also to give to give awards to members children based on their academic performance. Members never seriously looked into the expenditure of these funds and of late there were many whispers coming from members that the books were not proper. Something else was happening with the fund. So the first task of Tilak was to ensure these books are clean so that he can win the members confidence.

When he tried to change auditors there were many resenting voices. But there were also vociferous opinions which said the auditors have to be changed as members want to know the truth of what is happening with corp funds. So slowly the resenting voices died as they felt too much resistance might show them in bad light and even an accomplice to the fraud that is happening with corp funds. Now the audit was planned for last week ofApril. Tilak discussed the operation procedure of audit with members. And he clearly told if there is some fraud coming out he would prefer to involve the police to investigate it. Most of the members supported it, telling if fraud was involved lot of their money which they had given to corp fund with good intention has been lost and they don't want to let the culprit go free. So it was decided if fraud is detected police investigation will follow.

Rajasekhar looked tired when he entered home that day. Even when he sat for dinner he looked absent minded.

" Rajasekhar what happened. You looked worried. What is the problem" asked Maheswari

" Brahman Bhoj for Murali's Shradh Maheswari "

" Why what happened. You went to Brahmin Mandali today right to get the priest and invite the Brahmins for the bhojan" asked Maheswari

Rajasekhar looked sadly at Suman. " Why they have problem with Suman" told Maheswari

" Yes they have. They told if they have to come, we need to ensure Suman wears the white dress, no shringaar, her head is shaved, kept in a room and this whole house cleansed with cow dung and all the utensils touched by her removed. Else they will not come and do Murali's Shradh" told Rajasekhar bowing his head

Maheswari looked at Suman who ran to kitchen, though she tried to suppress her tears Maheswari could see she was crying, Vindhya followed her

" So what do you suggest, we have to do all that to give peace to my son's soul " told Maheswari

" What is the other option Maheswari. Shradh is day after tomorrow. If no one from Brahmin Mandali comes we cannot do it " told Rajasekhar

" Papa why cant we call Dinakarji " asked Sreedhar suppressing his urge to get up from the table, go an hug Suman. Shaving her head. He didn't even knew if these people were human

" Beta Dinakarji has compeltley withdrawn himself from doing poojas, Shradh and other priestly offerings some 20 years back. As the new Brahmin Mandali that was formed after the current Mahantji came to power didn't respect him and didn't follow his ways. So he withdrew himself and only used to give astrological advice to anyone who visited him and spend most of his time visiting temples"

" Maa can I go and ask him. He will come naa" asked Sreedhar

" Beta it is 9 now " told Maheswari

" Maa please..."

For the first time Maheswari saw a terrible ache in Sreedhar's eyes. She was not sure whether it was because of his feelings for Suman or because after all the fight he will have to face the failure. She didn't want to deny him.

" Beta if you feel that way, you go " told Maheswari

He quickly finished dinner and got up. Sudhir said he will accompany. Sreedhar stopped his brother.

" No Bhaiyya this is my fight. I will go" Sudhir saw a firmness in Sreedhar's voice and a determination in his eyes.

Suman was sitting at the stairs. He stood before her

" Today even if I have to go to any place outside Jaipur, if I have to use all my contacts in Delhi believe me I will ensure you will not go back to that white dress, nor will your tresses cut and a person who thinks you are impure will not be doing the Pooja to give peace to the soul of my brother" . She looked at him, her eyes showing a reverence for him. " All the best " she told and smiled. As he started his car he silently murmured " Murali Bhaiyya if you think what I am doing is right please be there with me today "