The Assurance

Sreedhar and Pritam walked along the haweli and then they crossed the arena and reached the timber factory. As it was Sunday only few people were there who were engrossed in their work.

Pritam explained about the factory who handled what etc and then they came to a lonely spot. Pritam was not sure how to start. What to tell.

Sreedhar could see Pritam was disturbed. It was as if he wanted to tell him something but was unable to. Sreedhar kept a hand on his shoulder

" Bhaiyya what is that troubling you. Whatever it is please tell me without worrying. Don't be afraid."

Pritam looked at Sreedhar, his eyes had an assurance. Pritam took his hands " Save my daughter Sreedhar, save my daughter " and then he broke down.

" Devika Didi who will send Ramya and Reshma's TC to Jaipur. I will ask Tilak Jethji to speak to the principal of Navmantha school. They will get admission there" Suman and Devika were sitting in Jyothi's room.

" But Suman will I be able to afford their school fees with my salary. I need to pay rent and all right" asked Devika.

" Don't worry didi. Initially you might have some difficulty. But you know the lawyer who got Vaishnav his inheritance, we will ensure he argues your case and get alimony for you and the kids."

" But Suman..."

" No ifs and buts didi. Better education is your daughters right and your husband has to pay for it. Don't deny them that. Now who is taking TC" asked Suman.

" Suman Pritam will get the TCs of both of them and he will personally come to Jaipur to hand it over" told Jyothi.

Suman looked at Jyothi and she felt something amiss. " Jyothi Bhabi what happened. Is everything fine. Any issue with your pregnancy."

Jyothi wiped the tears that were flowing from her eyes and whispered something in Suman's ears. Suman looked at Jyothi Bhabi. Then she slowly took her hand

Sreedhar made Pritam sit and then asked " Bhaiyya tell me what is the issue only then I can help."

Pritam told him everything. How he and Jyothi have lied about the scan report. How even if they get a girl the family will kill it and make it look like accident. He simply doesn't know what to do. How to save his daughter.

" Sreedhar I am only 10th pass. In our family from around 13-14 years boy are asked to come to factory and most of us take less interest in studies as we go forward. Only my brother Praful has completed 12th. Girls are also matriculation pass only as by that time marriage alliance will come for them and are married. Suman was lucky. Her Principal took special interest in her and also publicly told many times she should be married only to an educated young man which forced Virender Chachu to send her to college without doing any engagement for her."

Sreedhar sighed. It was complicated. He knew it was not just saving the baby at birth but for its survival the family has to move away, but that means it wont be comfortable

" Bhaiyya if you say the baby can be killed post birth also then I feel the possible solution might be you will have to move away from the family. But then..."

" Don't worry Sreedhar. Even if I get a peon's job that is fine. Jyothi is 8th pass. She can read and write. Also she cooks very well. You are making Suman work. Now Devika didi is going to work. So once the second child is also say two or three years if we get some help for Jyothi to set up a small dabba or even home tiffin service we can get by. We just need our daughter now."

" How much time we have Bhaiyya" asked Sreedhar.

" Jyothi is in her 5th month now, so you can say 2 months as it will be difficult to travel post that."

" Bhaiyya don't worry. Let me see what can be done. I will make every possible effort so that your bundle of joy is with you" . Pritam hugged Sreedhar.

" Jyothi Bhabi I know one thing about Sreedhar. If he takes someone's hand he wont leave it. Whatever trouble he has to take for that. Your baby is in safe hands bhabi. Leave all worry" . Jyothi smiled and Suman hugged her didi and Bhabi.