Catch 22, Full Story

"Now Mahantji what I am supposed to do. Tilak have called and told to move the motion against Sreedhar in Merchant Association. It was after discussing with you we decided not to have community meeting , instead use Merchant Association. Now if I don't move the motion I will be defeated, but if I move it I am sure they will have something under the sleeve" told Shashant Rawat. Rawat, Mahantji, Praveen and Aravind Setia were at Aravind Setia house. It was midnight. But all were concerned

" Mahantji if Rawat loses the MA Chairman post it will be trouble for all of us, if the new person is not from our group. I am already in a big mess" whined Praveen Samrat.

" Keep quiet. Why are you people not understanding. This panic is what exactly the Varmas have wanted. They wanted us to panic and do something and from that they are planning to get mileage. That is what they did in Jagratha. If we were not desperate for the win, we need not have gone for the Chandelier and made the girl come down. We should have taken the next oppourtunity. That girl coming for protection was used by them. Same in the case of dignity for widows. If Pradeep Samrat had kept quiet and not attacked they wouldn't have been able to make such a mileage with the kid Varma boy. I undermined Maheswariji last time when we leaked the news of Poornima. Harkishore backstabbled when his grandchild was accepted. Now he has packed his bags and left to Raipur. So all in all we reacted in all the cases giving them mileage. Here we are not going to do anything. See the maximum they can bring is people who were there in the Charity bash. But through words you should be able to put it was a skirmish between 2 woman, Sreedhar intervened and insulted Naina. Also put forward the point Rajasekhar Varma had given word that your daughter's and Sreedhar's alliance will be moved forward after Murali's wedding. So your daughter was just acting based on that. See it is the word of chairman of MA association against some soldiers or their wives. You very well know what carries weight. Use your power and make the presentation right. Don't do anything other than that"

" Are you sure Mahantji" asked Shashant Rawat still not convinced.

" I am absolutely sure. We should not do anything. As requested by them we will move the motion. Also Rawat after what your daughter has done this is the only option we have. How in the world she came to know about we planning to move with her alliance for Sreedhar Varma"

Rawat was silent. He also knew no other option" Fine then. I will call a meeting tomorrow and make the motion and as a practice give one week for Varma's to present their case" said Rawat.

" Fine then goodnight all " told Mahantji as they parted.

Next day in the break fast table Sreedhar was still sitting head bowed and Suman was not going to his side to serve. She served the kids.

" Suman go give Sreedhar 1 more paratha" told Maheswari

Suman took the paratha and went near him. He removed his hand and allowed her to put the paratha in the plate. " You want curry or pickle" she asked.

" Pickle" he looked up as he said it. " I am sorry if I was harsh on you yesterday night" told Suman as she served pickle.

" Yes you girls have always double standards. If we don't help you, question why didn't you help me, if we help you, who asked you to help me, right " now he was smiling and she laughed.

" It closed so fast. We thought we will enjoy Tom and Jerry for some more time right Aakash" said Poornima and laughed.

" Yes Didi Adwaith told me yesterday that the bad aunty said she is going to marry Sreedhar Chachu. Sreedhar Chachu are you going to marry bad aunty"

" I don't want bad aunty as Chachi told Adwaith"

" Sreedhar Chachu will bring only nice Chachi who will be good to us" told Nami. Everyone started laughing.

" Enough kids, who will Sreedhar Chachu marry we will decide, now you all please pack your bags and get ready for school. Poornima take everyone's lunch from the kitchen and keep it in their bag" told Renu.

" We don't want bad aunty" told all the 4 in unison as they ran towards the school bags.

" Sreedhar, Suman come to my room after breakfast. Vindhya, Renu Bhabi, Maa you also come. We need to know now what happened yesterday"

Soon they were assembled in Sudhir's room. Sreedhar and Suman told all the happenings of the bash.

" Suman you got invite from Rajasthan Tourism Department to teach kids for Republic Day Parade and the woman there asked you whether you can teach them fabric painting. Instead of telling anything of that, you were fighting with Sreedhar for something which was actually right on his part. Maybe he used some harsh words. But what Naina said was nothing less. You are going to accept both the offers today itself" told Maheswari.

" Yes Maa I will do. I am sorry if I hurt you all yesterday. I was no I am still worried "she looked at Sreedhar.

" Suman do you know one thing. It was not about you yesterday. Sreedhar asked Naina to apologize to you when she called you " Chudayil". But she didn't listen and put a very despicable accusation on you. But that accusation was not just on you Suman. It was on widows as a whole. The whole battle we all fought for the dignity of life for widows would have bitten dust, if Sreedhar had allowed her to get away with that remark. Scores of woman dedicate their lives just for their kids. Some are even unfortunate there as they might not have kids. They work as slaves in their own families. They come as unpaid servants for many families. Such suffering is there and a girl comes and tells that if a widow talks to a man, if a widow moves around her only motive is carnal desire she is trying to take away the simple happiness in an unfortunate woman, which cannot be allowed at any cost. Woman like Naina has to know a widow has right for remarriage if she is willing and the family is willing to do it for her. She has right for happiness and enjoyment. So stop worrying and be ready to fight it out. We all need to stand together" told Sudhir. Suman nodded and smiled.

" Bhaiyya is it true that Papa had talked with Mr Rawat on mine and Naina's marriage" asked Sreedhar.

" Sreedhar I spoke to Papa yesterday night. Yes one year back Mr Rawat had suggested the idea and Papa had told yes he will look into it post Murali's marriage. That's it. Even Maa doesn't know about it. Of course decision would have taken only if you were interested to move forward. Without your interest, she cannot come and claim her rights on you. Our family has not given her any right to be in your life. " told Sudhir.

" But Bhaiyya then he will make an issue of it right " told Sreedhar.

" Yes he will make an issue. Every chance he will twist that convo also. So it is very imperative for us to tarnish Naina Rawat in such a way that, he will not get a chance to even bring out that conversation"

" But how will we do that Sudhir " asked Maheswari.

Sudhir explained them his plan in detail. " Suman you will be calling up Anuradha right. Can you please ask whether you can come and meet her. Myself and Sreedhar will accompany you. Also we need to meet Santhosh"

" No issues Jethji. I will call Anuradha Madam and Santhoshji. We all will go" told Suman.

" Ok then me and Sreedhar going to office now. When you get appointment from Anuradha and Santhosh call us and tell, we will plan accordingly" told Sudhir. Suman nodded.