Krishna Leela

More than the men of Suman's house it was the ladies who started interacting with Sreedhar. Suman's 10 year old niece Anwesha had so many questions for Sreedhar like how was US, whether a girl can go to US, whether a girl can be a pilot etc since she heard her Suman bua is going to work in a shop. Much to the irritation of the men Sreedhar encouraged such ambitions of Anwesha telling of course girls can.

Suman went to kitchen and interacted with her mother and couple of bhabi's. Some of her bhabi's indirectly passed snide remarks at her which both Bhavani and Jyothi defended. Soon it was time for lunch and all the men assembled.

Seeing only men sitting Nami didn't sit instead stood beside Suman. Suman smiled at the girl. She has started to observe things. But what startled everyone was Nami didn't stand silently. " Chachi here also girls are not sitting. So I guess in your family too girls don't sit with boys. You told me observe the rules of the family I go to. So I will stand with you."

For the first time Suman saw her family really uncomfortable on the child's observation. They didn't know what to tell, so Virender directed his remarks at Sreedhar

" Sreedhar don't take us wrong if I ask you this. Does your family business has so much problem that you have to make the woman of your family work. Doesn't it erode the reputation of great Varma family the reputation which your grand father and great grand father has build on."

" Uncle does making a woman work means family is in trouble. Need not be. It is just accepting the fact that woman are capable and can do things beyond housekeeping. The world should also see their talent. Coming to our reputation you very well know we have accepted our elder brother's daughter born to him in an intercaste marriage publicly. Do you know how much that factor played positively for my brother in MA chairperson election. So I don't think allowing the woman folk work will affect our reputation. Infact it will enhance our reputation"

" Sreedhar uncle is this Narayana Murthy real. Bhavani Dadi talks about him now and then". It was Suman's nephew Sarath cutting the convo before Virender could reply.

" Of course he is real Sarath. So is Infosys. India's bluechip IT company which he build on the savings of his wife Sudha Murthy. I have given the excerpts of his speech to your Virender Dadu. You can read from him" . Suman looked down as she saw her father glaring at Sreedhar.

" Virender Dadu will you give me that" asked the 11 year old. Virender nodded as he didn't had any other option.

Meanwhile Sreedhar turned to Bhavani " Bhavani Aunty the food is really good. I loved Jeera Rice". The ladies were laughing now. Not a single man from that household had complimented them for the food.

" Arrey Beta I didn't make Jeera rice. Jyothi made it " told Bhavani.

" Bhabhiji it is really good" told Sreedhar.

" Sreedhar take kesar malai also. I have prepared " told Devika.

" Hann didi surely let me finish the main course. I will come to dessert ". told Sreedhar laughing. Men at the Rajput family felt completely left out as ladies competed with each other in serving Sreedhar. They heard couple of them murmuring. " I should also have made something. Look how stupid I am looking now. He is complimenting everything" . Suman didn't know what to do. She literally felt like laughing seeing the faces of her father and her uncles. They were stumped and were not sure what hit them.

Once the lunch was getting over Bhavani told " Pritam beta take Sreedhar around our haweli and also to our timber factory. Meanwhile Suman let me know what your devar likes the most. Let me prepare for tea and after that you will have to leave"

" Maa he loves puris the most and gajar ka halwa" told Suman. " Ok I will make puris, gajar ka halwa takes time. But beta I will prepare it for you when I come for Suman's shop inauguration" told Bhavani. Sreedhar smiled at her as he moved with Pritam, while the ladies once again moved to the kitchen and men murmured among themselves what was happening.