The Questions

Renuka sat in the locker room. In her hand was the box that was in the locker Tilak had asked to open only in case of emergency. She took a deep breath. She knew what might be inside it. Yes she had known one day will come in her life where she will have to see her husband with another woman. She had also prepared herself for it. But when the actually the moment came in front of her she was feeling if it hadn't been so. If she could also be happy and proud like Vindhya that she was the only woman in her husband's life. She wiped her tears. Truth cannot be changed and she had accepted it. She gently opened the box.

Vindhya and Suman were in the car. Both were silent. Vindhya didn't know what to feel. She touched her Mangalsutra. She couldn't imagine breaking it. For the last 10 years her mangalsutra was part of her. It was her prized possession. She thought of Anu's desperation that made her do what she did. Suman didn't know what to feel. Because she had never worn those symbols. But she knew one thing to preserve the most important symbol of their love Anu threw away the physical symbols of their love. She could understand Anu, because even she has refrained from wearing any physical symbol of her love with Sreedhar. Irrespective of knowing the fact that she is a Suhagan she too is maintaining her status quo as widow so that no one questions Sreedhar for the secret marriage he did with her without them realizing and he does not have to stand with bowed head in front of society for her sake. To protect his trust on her this perception of her being widow was necessary. But when it will change. How long was the question that came to her mind now and then.

Renu took out 2 photographs, a FD receipt and a letter from the box. One photo showed Tilak and Anu with the garlands and the other one was a profile view with Tilak and Anu facing each other with him holding her waist and she keeping her head on his chest. Even in black and white Anu's sindoor and Mangalsutra was clearly visible. Renu looked at her husband. His cheerful countenance in both the photos. The face of a man deeply in love. Renu sighed once again and asked herself will she be able to see such a cheerful man once again. Can Tilak laugh from his heart once again. She was not sure. She checked the FD receipt. It was in Tilak's name but the nominee name was Anusree Varma. She opened the letter. It was addressed to her " Renu I know the contents of this box can bring immense pain to you. But atleast after I am not there I want the world to know the truth of who was Anusree to me. You are the only one I trust and hence leaving this to you. Take help from Sudhir. I know he might feel angry but Sudhir will help his bhabi even if he ends up hating his bhaiyya to find Anu . Give her this FD though it can never be a compensation for what has happened to her and use these photos as the proof to tell the world who Anu was to me " Renu sighed once again and folded the letter. She knew only one thing kept her going. Make her accept this life. The trust Tilak placed on her.

Poornima came to Harkishore. " Nanu do we have a family photo" she asked

" For what Poorni " asked Pratap.

" Sreedhar uncle wants it as the District collector is planning to do a media coverage of widows entering the temple. Since me and Vaishnav were championing the cause they want to do the entire profile of us. Sreedhar Uncle will come collect to it"

For the first time Harkishore felt relief from the time he has agreed for the plan of Mahantji. He knew the real reason Sreedhar Varma was asking the information. Yes the media coverage will happen, but the Varma's want to trace Poornima's roots. He knew he was waiting for this moment. He opened the drawer and gave Poorni some old photographs. Every photo was there except the look of Anu as a widow. He simply couldn't take his child in that look. Poornima happily looked at the photos and waited for Sreedhar