Inheritance Settlement, Delhi Invitation

"8 crore and Haweli. Amit that is the final settlement we are willing to give". Told Praveen Samrat's lawyer. Amit had met Praveen Samrat and his lawyer in the restuarent for out of court settlement

" But how is that possible. I had calculated based on all the available income. One third of it should go to Vaishnav" told Amit

" Amit you are not understanding. You know the raid has happened. Lot of wealth is taken by income tax department. So you have to deduct that from the total income and then come to conclusion"

" Ok fine I don't want Vaishnav to be part of ill gotten wealth. 8 crore money is fine. But then along with Haweli those 5 houses in front of that needs to be given to Vaishnav so that the rental income goes to him on a regular basis"

" Amit this is too much" told Praveen Samrat's lawyer. Praveen Samrat was clenching his fists and the lawyer was trying his best to restrain him

" What is too much. The Samrat's have 6-7 profitable businesses from where they will again make money. I am not asking any money. Just like they will get good money from regular business, I am asking something for Vaishnav that can give regular income for him. How much Praveen Samrat will lose in those rentals. As I understand only 4 houses are occupied at present and they give a monthly rent of Rs 2000 together and 24000 annually. In their business of crores is 24000 a big sum"

Lawyer understood those houses with regular income was what Amit always had in mind, that is why he kept cash high. He knew cash will be lowered. Ensuring a regular income for Vaishnav and a roof over his head till his studies are completed Amit was completely taking him out of the clutches of his mother's family. It was a clever bargain and the lawyer told Praveen it was better they go with it.

Praveen Samrat was also happy in a way. Sarangi had fetched him good price. The rental houses were not contributing much so that going to Vaishnav was not a big deal. Haweli was the problem more than the money as it was a beautiful Haveli with fountains and all which he had wanted to give his son. But then with all the mess he didn't had time to go for court and spend more money. So with haweli he could get riddance of Vaishnav so be it. He nodded.

" Prakash Samrat I would prefer the papers to be ready in 2 weeks. I heard your niece is getting married in 2 weeks. I don't want any headache telling wedding expense and all. I want to close this at the earliest. If you drag it then I will have to file case"

" Don't worry Amit, before Sarangi's marriage you will get the signed papers. You can give it to Vaishnav"

" Thanks " told Amit as he walked out. Prakash Samrat looked at his lawyer. " Prakash get the papers ready and finish this mess. With Sarangi's marriage I will make other set of papers also ready so that you can go ahead in business without any disturbance" . Prakash nodded.

" We get papers before Sarangi's marriage right Amit" asked Sreedhar. He was on phone with Amit as Amit told him about the final settlement he has got for Vaishnav

" Yes Sreedhar we should get. It seems they also want to get rid of it at the earliest. So it will be done. Whatever is the plan for Sarangi's wedding proceed with it. Prakash Samrat is going to get hit from all sides" . They both laughed.

" Sreedhar " he heard his mother's voice . " Yes Maa coming" he excused Amit and came to the front room.

The whole family was assembled in the front hall. Santhosh and another man was sitting. " Rajasekharji we have come to invite the whole family for the Republic Day Parade in Delhi. As you all know Sumanji is choreographing the dance for the Rajasthan State's float which is on the theme of tourism in Rajasthan. We would be obliged if you and your entire family come and attend the function"

" Santhoshji we are honored to get such invitation. We will surely ensure adequate representation is there from the family for the function" told Rajasekhar. Renu bought tea and snacks. Then the guests talked about general things, politics etc to the men before saying good night.

As the guests went Rajasekhar turned to Tilak. " Tilak I guess you should be going with Renu and all children . If wanted Sreedhar and Vindhya also can join you"

" Yes Papa that would be fine"

" Maa you are not coming" asked Suman

" I don't go anywhere Suman. I have not even gone for their college function" told Maheswari

" But you will have to come this time. I want you to come" told Suman holding Maheswari's hands

" Suman I am not comfortable in such places " told Maheswari

" Maa it is not that bad. We will get good seats. I know pure vegetarian restuarents in Delhi. We will go there and have food. Right Renu Bhabi, Vindhya Bhabi "

" Yes Maa you also come naa" told Renu and Vindhya

" Maa all of your bahus are calling you with this much love. And of course it is your bahu's coaching. What harm is in going and checking it" told Sreedhar.

" Maheswari I guess you should go. We have got such a prestigious invitation" told Rajasekhar.

" Fine I guess I will have to relent " told Maheswari

" Papa I want you and Sudhir Jethji also to come. It was invitation for whole family. How can family be complete without you and Sudhir Jethji coming"

Sreedhar wanted to laugh. No one has talked to their father like this. But Suman was that. Unpredictable.

Before Rajasekhar could protest Tilak told " Papa it is 26th Jan. Take one day holiday. As Suman says let us go together as a family and watch the programme. Even Maa will be happy if you are there"

Finally Rajasekhar nodded. Maheswari looked at Suman. She looked happy like a child who has got her favourite toy. " What was her secret, what was her pain and why she didn't wanted to marry Murali" once again Maheswari mulled over the question not knowing how much time it will take her to unlock that part of Suman's heart which was still not visible to her.