Thoughts

Sreedhar was on the return bus. He felt rejuvenated, much better and calm. 3 days with his friends had really helped him. But he knew the task in hand was not at all easy. First and the foremost challenge for him what he will call her. For her she could call him by name, but what about him. Calling her bhabi will be not only betrayal of his family, but betrayal to himself on what he feels about her. For the first time after the initial shock he thought about his brother. His Murali Bhaiyya. Tilak and Sudhir were quite elder to them, but Murali and himself were 2 years apart and were in a league of their own. When his elder brother's followed the father's instructions perfectly and had a no nonsense approach, Murali Bhaiyya was his sheet anchor. Sreedhar's mischiefs were always covered up by Murali. On many occasions he had taken beating for Sreedhar also. Because if someone believed in the emphathic nature of Sreedhar and his need to reach out to anyone in trouble that was his Murali Bhaiyya. It was him who had allowed Sreedhar's extra curricular talents to bloom. His parents or anyone else in the house had no clue about Sreedhar's dancing ability or his performance in Jodi dance in college. If father had known, Sreedhar would have been thrown out. Likewise as a child Sreedhar used to take food for a person affected by leprosy as no one went near his house. He used to keep food packets in front of that person's house. He used to do it till the person's death. Where the food used to go was a question in home, but Murali always found a way to safeguard his brother and his antics. Murali knew it was the thoughts of his nanaji that flowed in Sreedhar. Their mother's family was known for participation in freedom struggle. Their nanaji and great nanaji were prominent freedom strugglers who had fought against evils like untouchability. But their father's family though were very proud to take a girl from the family of freedom fighters were not quite progressive enough to imbibe all those thoughts. Maheswari had managed to keep some of her thoughts, but then she had to keep the culture of her husband's family too.

Tilak and Sudhir were more or less like their father. Murali oscillated between his parents, loved his mother more and Sreedhar he was mama's pet and Murali had ensured he remained in the good books of his father also.

"What can I say to you Bhaiyya". Sreedhar thought ruefully. "I feel like my shield is gone and you have left giving me to fight on something. How will I fight bhaiyya. If I need to fight, your good boy has to become bad boy. You might be knowing now for sure what my relation is with your wife of few hours. And I cant call her bhabi. It's the fact. Now tell me a way how I can address her without raising any suspicion. You have to tell if you want your kiddu to remain in good books. Once again you have proved you always give to me what I want and take beating. See how you went defeating everyone and their plans, leaving her .Sometimes I hate you bhaiyya for being so good. It is not me who is good, but it is you who is actually good. I have always got what I wanted, I have always done what I wanted to do and you have always given up your dreams for me. And today you have given me a chance to get back my love even when society gave her as your wife"" Manishaji we will get down here " hearing it Sreedhar turned. A man was addressing a womanSuddenly it clicked for him. He will call her Sumanji. It will have the respect, but it was neutral and didn't imply any relation as such. He looked up. He felt as if his Murali Bhaiyya was with him even in this battle.