The Party

Varma house was decorated and guests were arriving for the party organized to celebrate Poornima's rank. Tilak had insisted Harkishoreji and Pratap should come. So they were also there. Also quite a lot of society members, Tilak's friends, Sudhir's friends and some of Sreedhar's school buddies also.

Poornima had come back from her maternal home two days back. She was dressed in a bright yellow and green salwar which her parents had bought for her. She also had a gold watch which Rajasekhar gifted and a chain, bangles and earrings which Maheswari had gifted.

Her friends were also standing in the corner along with her. All were happy as the results were good. Guests mingled. The servants served refreshments to the guests.

Family was talking to guests. Suman stood with Vaishnav , Rakesh and Maitreyi. That suited her. As most people who came to talk to them were children. Some ladies did come and talk to her. Asked her about the shop opening. Told her that they will come to her shop.

" So now what plans. Poornima is going to take Humanities. What about you all " asked Suman

" Aunty you know my plan. I am taking Biology group and my aim is All India Medical Examination. I want to be a cardiologist" told Vaishnav

" Why Cardiologist Vaishnav cant it be something else or cant you wait for your MBBS to be complete before deciding what you need to do for specialization" came in Sreedhar with a bottle of coke and sat with them.

" Uncle Cardiology is what I want. I want to treat people's heart. You know in this world only where less people have heart. Atleast when they reach ICU, I want them to realize if the heart stops working they wont survive another minute" told Vaishnav and they all laughed.

" Suman aunty I am also going for Biology group. But I am not going to be a doctor " told Maitreyi.

" She is going to find plants that are not yet discovered" teased Vaishnav.

" Keep quiet Vaishnav, I want to study Botany Aunty. Then maybe teacher, or research in botany that all I have not decided " told Maitreyi.

Rakesh was quiet and didn't tell anything.

" What about you Rakesh" asked Suman.

"Aunty I was thinking asking Sreedhar uncle whether he will give me some job in their warehouse, or in their office. I cant allow Dadi to go as maid to multiple house" told Rakesh quietly.

" Yes I will give job. Not to you, but to your Dadi. In the new shop that is opening she can assist Vindhya Bhabi. No longer she needs to go as maid for housework. You are going to study Rakesh. Your dadi when she came here today told me about your plans. Vaishnav also told me you had refused his loan to study further. I am not going to take anything Rakesh. You are taking Maths group and you are going to write IIT-JEE, just like your sister wanted. If you believe your sister will come back one day you will have to listen to me" told Sreedhar.

" Exactly Rakesh. Sreedhar is correct.Vaishnav is not giving you something free. He is giving a loan to his friend. You can repay once you complete your B-Tech and get a good job. Do you think your dadi will be happy seeing you working simply in a warehouse or a clerical job. You have lot of potential and your friend is ready to help" told Suman.

" Aunty I have a good friendship with Vaishnav. I am afraid the loan might end up destroying it. "

" Rakesh if the economics of relation is correct nothing will get destroyed. Vaishnav trusts you with his money. Only thing you need to ensure is not to break the trust. Because in every relation trust is the power. " told Sreedhar and Rakesh smiled agreeing to them as Vaishnav nudged him.

Sudeepta re-read the newspaper. There was a dance party going outside. She was given reprieve from it because she had a customer in the morning. So for the time being she was alone. Tears flowed from her eyes as she saw the children's photos who had ranks for CBSE board exams. What would be her brother doing. Would he have got good marks. Is someone there to support him, to make him an engineer. She wished she could see him. But she knew she was in a world from where she had no reprieve. A world from which the society will never accept her back. She will become a burden to her brother. She closed her eyes wishing that fateful night had never happened. She will wake up knowing it was all a bad dream. But she knew it was not. She was a prostitute in a brothel. Now there was only one purpose to her life. Bring down as many culprits as possible who had destroyed the lives of many young girls like her. She believed her opportunity will come.