Welcome daughter

Poornima stood at the door of the Varma mansion. Maheswari did her aarti and put a kumkum tilak on her forehead. Renu did a nazar utharna. Then she entered and immediately Nami held her hand " Poornima didi come I will show to your room"

" Nami wait, Poorni, go first to your dadaji and take his blessings" told Maheswari. Poorni followed her grand mother. Rajasekhar was sitting in the arm chair and seeing Poornima he got up. Poornima looked at her dadu. She was apprehensive. Rajasekhar looked at her quite impassive. She touched his feet. Though a little curt Rajasekhar blessed her. As they moved away from him Maheswari told " Poorni don't feel bad about dadu's curt behavior. It is not that he doesn't like you. It will take him some time to accept things. Please give him time "

" No dadi I am fine. My nanu also had told me it will take time for dadu to accept me."

" Poornima didi come" now Nami dragged her.

" Nami take Ramya didi and Reshma didi also with you. Havent I taught you how to behave with guests" told Vindhya.

" I am sorry Maa" told Nami innocently and then she went and called Ramya and Reshma. Soon Aakash and Adwaith also joined them and the whole kid party moved upstairs.

Tilak was in hotel room. The final day of investors meet was over and tomorrow early morning he was travelling back. For return journey he had taken Mumbai-Jaipur flight as he didn't had the patience to sit close to 15 hrs in train after so many hectic meetings. One of the best things that happened was getting couple of retailers interested in their business. Yes they will have to work on partnerships now so as to expand their foot prints in India's industrial capital also the house of India's entertainment industry.

He switched on the television. The now familiar face of Shekhar Srivastava was staring at him. " Now let us come to the segment " Maryada ya Bandhan " impact. It is always said in children lies the future of our country. And today two teenagers Poornima Varma and Vaishnav Samrat made this idiom so true. Based on our story aired 3 months back on the pitiable condition of widows in Rajasthan and how one young man Sreedhar Varma stood upto it, these children along with Sreedhar Varma has bought about a change in the society. Today on this new year widows in Rajasthan were finally allowed to enter temple and light the lamp. Come let us meet the heroes of today.

And the image showed Poornima, Vaishnav along with Sreedhar. Tilak looked astonished. This girl was Poornima Patel, how come she became Poornima Varma. As if to answer his question the anchor continued " Meet Poornima Varma daughter of Tilak Varma and late Anusree Varma and Vaishnav Samrat son of late Prakash Samrat and late Manjima Samrat and of course Sreedhar Varma the inspiration behind the change"

The anchor went on asking questions and the kids and Sreedhar were replying. But nothing registered in Tilak's mind. Poornima his daughter. His child is alive. Anu didn't destroy it. She became a widow to protect the symbol of their love. Tears started flowing from his eyes for her. He closed his eyes and remembered all the moments he had shared with her from childhood. The love that blossomed in their teenage. The one night he spend with her. Their love didn't die. It was standing in front of him. Becoming his pride, bringing about a change. And how did it happen. Who made it happen. Who gave the child the Varma surname. And he realized who it was. The woman who has walked with him for 15 years, sharing his guilt, his pain and everything about him. He wanted to speak to her. But before he could go to the phone the calling bell rang.

When Tilak opened the door a host of people were standing " Congrats Tilak. We never knew you had a daughter"

" Your first wife passed away and Renu is your second wife " asked another

" Comon guys why are you asking unnecessary questions. It is a moment to rejoice. We say " beta naam roshan karega, but for Tilak look " beti ne naam roshan kiya hai ".

" Tilak it calls for a party. I hope you don't mind"

Tilak smiled " No issue guys. Come let us go down. You can take drinks but you know me, I don't take drinks "

" Of course you and some other people who are teetotallers can enjoy cool drinks while the rest can party "

Poornima looked at her room. Already everything was arranged. Her dresses were kept neatly in the cupboard. 2 beds were put. One for her and one she knew will be for Nami. So from today she was not going to be the single occupant in the room. She was going to share it with her sister.

" Didi you liked the room" asked Nami

" Yes Nami the room is good"

" Now enough room showing. Come Poornima didi, sit in our room. We all will play monopoly" told Aakash.

" Poornima didi he will always win in Monopoly. Defeat him this time" told Nami

" Come everyone, let us go sit and play monopoly" and they all moved to Aakash's room

It was close to midnight when Tilak returned after the party. He wanted to call home, but decided against it. He knew they were planning a surprise for him, now let him plan to surprise them.