The Feelings

Vindhya and Suman packed the dinner to be taken to hospital and Maheswari and Renuka were serving dinner for others.

" Suman Sreedhar doesn't like Khichdi and Haldi wala doodh. He detests both. Whenever he used to be ill he will create big fuss over why he will not eat it. We will cajole, plead, pamper and make him eat atleast half of it. Maa, Renu Bhabi and me together make him eat it. When his dadi was there Maa says they have sit and tell this story and that story to make him eat it. So be prepared for the fuss"

" He will not make much fuss " told Maheswari as she came in " That is one of the reason I am sending Suman. If anyone of us go, even in this condition he will make that whole hospital one to eat one bowl of khichdi and one glass of haldi wala doodh. If she goes he will not take his tevar. Will eat at one go " telling it she walked to the dining hall.

Vindhya nudged Suman. " Does he have an option Suman today other than listen to you". " Bhabi.." Suman blushed.

" You are happy right Suman. I am sure he will eat this without much fuss because you are taking it. Poor him, he will also be eagerly waiting to see you. He needs you Suman." Suman smiled at Vindhya

As Suman was coming out taking the food for both Sreedhar and Sudhir, Renuka noticed the mark on her wrist. " Suman what happened. Your wrist is so reddish. Did someone in the crowd misbehave with you today without we knowing"

" Arrey I didn't see it " Maheswari took her arm. " Suman you didn't put any ointment to it. Let me put some haldi. How did it happen"

Vindhya wanted to tell " Maa it is the tevar of your laadla beta" but she kept quiet as she had seen the mark when Suman had come out of the storeroom in anger.

" Maa it is ok, when I bend to take something under my bed, I pressed my hand hard against one of the legs. Hence the mark. Nothing to worry" told Suman.

" Fine then, go and come back soon. Or do one thing. You have this milk otherwise you will feel hungry".

" Maa it is ok I will come back and have "

" No need, drink it" Maheswari forcefully kept the glass of milk in her hand. Suman drank it.

She got in the car with Tilak. As Tilak wass driving first time Suman felt her serious Jethji was quite relaxed today. It was as if he had won something.

" Jethji I feel you are happy because Sreedhar has become a hero " she asked

Tilak smiled " That is there Suman. But more than that I was thinking how could my younger brother be so wise. I was supposed to be the eldest, so wise. But then Sudhir and Sreedhar went way ahead of me. I rebelled the system and lost. Sreedhar, system is rebelling him and I am sure system will lose"

Jethji rebel Suman thought. She could never imagine quite, serious Tilak as a rebel. They reached hospital. When they entered the room Sudhir was sitting and reading evening newspaper for Sreedhar. Suman looked at Sreedhar. The look on his face told her, he was in immense pain irrespective of painkillers given. His eyes were glowing seeing her. It took all her strength to stand where she was. She gave the dinner pack to Sudhir. " Jethji roti and sabji for you".

Sudhir took the packet and looked at Tilak " Bhaiyya come, let us go to the waiting room to watch TV. That maryada or bandhan will start now. Let Suman give food to Sree "

" Sudhir but we have to make him sit properly so that she can give" told Tilak.

" That we will do. But I want to watch the programme, so let us do it quick" . They arranged the table for Suman to keep the food box and flask and supported Sreedhar to sit straight with pillow back up so that Suman can give him food using spoon.

Sudhir kept the door almost closed as they walked out.

She looked at him, and he looked at her. " Sumi are you angry" he asked

" No Sreedhar I am not " she replied as she sat on the bed beside him. " You are not angry for anything" he persisted.

" I am not angry for anything Sreedhar" she told

" Sumi I wanted to tell you.."

" Sreedhar I know you want to tell me a lot, but not today Sreedhar, not today. Maa has allowed me to bring food for you till you are completely well. Once you are back home, once you are in a better position talk whatever you want to talk. I will listen"

" Sumi but it is .." " Sreedhar please listen to me. I can feel your pain on your face when you try to speak. Keep quiet. It has taken all my strength to watch that whipping in TV. You had called Aleena right and Shekhar is involved"

He nodded and put his hand forward as much as he could. " Sreedhar please.." Suman could see he had pain in stretching his hand. He kept the hand straight and looked at her. Suman gave her hand the wrist of which had the glaring red mark. The same hand she didn't allow him to see the previous day in anger. Sreedhar caressed her red mark and looked at her. His eyes were searching her eyes.

" Truth of our relation cannot be suppressed between us Sreedhar. At every point it can only be accepted and dealt with " she told calmly understanding what his eyes were requesting. He kissed her wrist softly. Suman closed her eyes tears streaming down her cheeks. " I love you Sreedhar. I love you a lot", he kissed the red mark once again. " Sreedhar I realized when I had walked the 7 rounds with you, I had chosen life with you. Even if I want death cannot touch me, because I am tied to you, in your love " he kissed her wrist a third time. " I will walk with you Sreedhar doesn't matter if it is on fire or on thorn. I will walk as long as you are with me". She opened her eyes and looked at him. He was smiling. She too smiled as he gently left her hand.

She opened the food box. Sreedhar's face cringed. " Sumi cant you eat half of it"

" No if you can 20 whips, better you eat the khichdi in this box and take the milk in that flask"

Sreedhar made faces requesting her to help. She smiled without relenting " Sreedhar this is an order not a request and you very well know what right do I have to order you"

Sreedhar smiled. There was no way he was getting away from her. He had to relent. She took the khichdi in the spoon and began to give him. Their eyes met. Sreedhar could see how happy she was, just being near him, giving him food and Suman could see how relived he was to see her calmly managing the situation. She made him drink the milk also.

When Sudhir and Tilak came she was cleaning the food box and the flask and Tilak patted his brother's cheeks as he called Suman to come fast as they were getting late. Sudhir could see irrespective of the pain Sreedhar's face was glowing. He could feel a sense of satisfaction in his brother's eyes. He looked at Suman as she went behind Tilak. Her face couldn't hide the happiness she was feeling. He wished they could be bought together the earliest. But he knew it was not easy. There were hurdles.