The Plan of protection

Once they were out of ear shot and in the garden Tilak looked at Sreedhar. " Sree tell me what did you do to stop that Mahantji from taking action against Suman on Community Meeting"

" Bhaiyya why does it matter now. It is closed right" though Sreedhar was concerned a bit on this request by Mahantji he was not sure how it can be connected with the photos. Nobody knew about them

" It matters Sree. It matters a lot. You don't know Mahantji. I know him well. " Tilak closed his eyes

" Don't take her. I said don't take her. She is my wife" Tilak was trying to protest as some men dragged Anu away and someone else put something to his nose and he collapsed. They were in the hotel. It was the morning after their secret marriage. They had checked in a hotel enroute to Delhi. He was still in bed as she came to him bathed and dressed. " Tilak get up. Don't we need to go" she asked

" We will go but before that" he pulled her once again close to him passionately kissing her lips and untying her hair. Anu did mock protest, but soon succumbed in his arms as he kissed her face and neck. He was trying to untie her choli when the bell rang.

Anu hurriedly got up, arranging her dress and tying her hair as Tilak too dressed quickly and opened the door. And 4 people barged in making him unconscious and taking her away. When he opened his eyes, the Mahantji was there, then his father and grandfather.

Tears rolled down Tilak's cheeks as he recalled the incident. He was brought back to present by both Sudhir and Sreedhar asking what happened.

" Nothing Sree tell me now, what did you do. It is important". Sudir and Sreedhar looked at their brother and they knew he was hiding some painful memory related to his love. But since there was no time to delve on that Sreedhar told what he had done.

" Suman is their target Sreedhar. She is their target " told Tilak

" Suman, but what will they do with Suman by making us do a Jagratha" asked Sreedhar

" What they cannot do Sreedhar. I will tell you their plan. They are planning to charge Suman with adultery"

" Adultery. Bhaiyya are you serious" asked Sudhir shocked

" yes Sudhir adultery. That Mahantji is irritated and I guess that Sant Guru will be too after you questioned him. During Jagratha many people will come. None of us will be in the house. She cannot come for Jagratha. Send some men to the house, make it look like Suman invited them and charge her with adultery"

" But is that easy Bhaiyya " asked Sreedhar

" Sree in our community these Mahant like people decide what is right, what is wrong and they can present things the way they want. So if they have decided on charging her with adultery they will do it"

" But Suman can be asked to sit in her room without opening it right " asked Sudhir

" Sudhir do you think that lock of Suman's room wont get opened if 2 or 3 men pound it hard. And poor girl her cries will not be heard outside either. We have to think of protecting Suman, somehow"

" Bhaiyya what if me and Aakash sit in the house " asked Sreedhar

" Not possible Sree. What answer will papa give to people who will expect the whole family for Jagratha that we feel threat to Suman. Even if you tell that, the Mahantji will tell some aarti, some song where you have to present and he will ensure Suman is alone" told Tilak.

Sreedhar and Sudhir walked to and fro. From the look of it what Tilak Bhaiyya told made sense. Even there was an instance 4 or 5 years back when a girl was molested when Jagratha happened and everyone hushed it up. It was said the girl's father had paid huge amount to Mahantji for pardoning the girl and they had gone from the place.

" Bhaiyya terrace. Sumanji can be in the terrace" told Sreedhar

" Yes Sreedhar that is a good option. She just have to stay out of sight of everyone. One of us will ensure no one go to terrace during Jagratha. Will monitor the stairs outside. " told Tilak

" Yes and I don't think the perpetuars will come to terrace as they will think Sumanji might jump which will defeat their purpose" told Sreedhar.

" Yes you both are right. I will take permission from Papa with reasons for ensuring Suman is on the terrace" told Sudhir

" Sudhir don't tell about our suspicions. Just talk to him based on that incident 4 or 5 years back"

" Yes Bhaiyya. I will " and the brother's parted. But Sreedhar was feeling uneasy. He was feeling only part of the problem is solved, the other part is still open. But what could be the other part. In terrace they cannot charge her with adultery by attacking her, but will they leave like that. What was he missing. What was their other strategy. He sighed. He entered the room and dialled a number.

" Aleena" told the voice at other end

" Aleena Sreedhar here. You had called me last week right that you got internship with Amro News network for your final year project. Take permission and come here for Jagratha Aleena. Get help from Shekhar too "

" What happened Sridhar. Something exciting going to happen which can get me a job "

" I don't know what you will get. But I feel you will get something and maybe help me also. Come under cover. No one should know you "

" Sreedhar me and Gauthami will come and no one will know". As he kept the phone Sreedhar felt he has closed the loophole partially if not fully.