The Decisions

Sreedhar and Gautham were having breakfast. Gautham was telling about how Suman's house was guarded by the police and they felt the system it was supporting such regressive thing. He had told there is a surprise waiting for him and he will let him once Kailash and Aleena joins them. Sreedhar had pestered Gautham through out the night, but Gautham was silent and didn't tell anything else about the surprise. Sreedhar was planning to go home that day.

It was around 11 am when finally Kailash and Aleena walked in. Kailash was smiling. He hugged Gautham." We have made it dear friend. We have cleared the test to get admission to Vinayaka Civil Service coaching centre's this year crash course"Sreedhar looked at them puzzled. He knew his friends were interested to go to Civil Services and were preparing for it on their own during degree time itself. But they had planned to go one year coaching and then give it the next year.Gautham got up " Sreedhar you are thinking why this hurry, or why we are writing it this year. This is our surprise for you. "" Sreedhar" Kailash started " Yesterday you went to college, but we 3 were discussing how we can support you in your fight. See bringing Suman out of the shell you can do, but how to get her back in your life. We have read lot of newspapers on widow burning, forced marriage etc etc.. but we experienced it first hand when we saw the way Suman's marriage happened. Police were there guarding that haveli. We have seen bureaucrats and ministers for the wedding. So the whole system is in supporting such practices. If you have to get her, you need to get the power of the system. Also there is much more thing that is happening in that haweli which we need to know and bring it out. It is not possible without being part of the system."" So we have decided we are writing civil service exam this year and if everything goes well"You will have Gautham Sanyal as Assistant District Collector Jaipur and Kailash Malhotra ASP Mewar at your disposal in 2 year time." added Gautham" Are you guys mad. Yes you might clear civil service examination, but how are you going to get preferred posting like this " Sreedhar looked at his friends incredulously" Sreedhar when intention is good, there will be some way to get preferred posting. You leave that thing to us. If we need to go any extend to get those postings we will do that. Jaipur can be a problem, but Mewar and all are places where people generally don't want to go. You just do what you need to do ""You all are forgetting me" jumped in Aleena." Now what is she going to do " asked Sreedhar" I am going to get a job in good newspaper or TV news, you know many news channels are coming up and then going to Rajasthan in the pretext of studying culture, but the real reason is sting operations in Mewar. There will be audience for such news, so by the time Kailash comes I will have covered quite ground there and will have information handy "" Aleena you get a job that is a different thing. But you are not going to Rajasthan or places like Mewar, to check on such practices. I wont allow that. It is not safe. It is very much dangerous " told an exaseperated Sreedhar" Sreedhar you cannot stop me. My friend was taken to her home in treachery, kept in captivity and forcefully married against her wishes. As a woman I cant accept that and if I need to give justice to her and also to many like her I have to take this operation. Aleena Mathew is George Mathew's daughter who has retired from indian Airforce, her one brother is in Indian Air force and other has cleared NDA. And to be a coward coming from such a family is very unbecoming of me. I have spoken to my dad and my brother and have their full support for what I am planning to do. I will be cautious, I will be careful but I cannot step back because of fear"" You guys.."" Sreedhar don't.. Mom told fight within the system, we are going to fight within the system. We cant leave you alone in this fight. It was not only you and Suman who has failed in front of society, but it is us also. Society and its practices won this time. But let us see if it can in front of love and friendship. We will fight together yaar. Don't tell no"Sreedhar hugged Gautham and Kailash and shook hands with Aleena. He felt more confident. He could fight. But the biggest challenge was Suman. All system can support only when Suman can believe in herself once again.