Search of Proofs

Once Maheswari went out, Sudhir took charge. All of them were kind of relieved knowing that Maa was willing to accept Poornima.

" Now Bhabi do you know the exact wedding date of Tilak Bhaiyya and Anusree"

" Yes Sudhir it is March-17" told Renu

" Ok first stop, school records. Bhabi you will have to go to school. I will give you a contact there whom I knew. Get hold of him and see the birth date of Poornima in school records. Her birth date should not go beyond December. Most probably father's name will not be there. Harkishoreji's name will be there as guardian. Check all details " Renu nodded.

Now we have got a form telling Anu had aborted the child. Bhabi do you know the name of the clinic in that form.

" Yes Sudhir. Tilak has that copy with him which your Bhaiyya takes once in a while and cries. I will give it you and the clinic name is Lysa clinic"

" Ok Lysa clinic, now it has become a hospital. I know couple of doctors there. Vindhya and Suman both of you are going there. Contact the people I tell, they will direct you to people who have worked more than 15 years there. I am sure there will be nurses, attendants and all. Ask them about a girl who has come for abortion, but didn't abort. Money is not a problem Vindhya. How much they ask give it, but make sure you both get the info. I am sure there will be someone who will remember the story. If a form of Anu's abortion was given to Bhaiyya, in all probability there has to be a copy of it in the hospital also. Also details about the patient. I will ensure you get all the records. You not at all concentrate on records, just concentrate on getting the information" Vindhya and Suman agreed

" Now Sreedhar. We need Anu's family photo and also the address where they stayed in Raipur. This is very important. And you have to get it from Poornima. I don't know how you are going to get it. But you have to get it tomorrow itself. We need to go to Raipur at the earliest. We have to check there when Anu came there she was pregnant, from when they started staying at that place. Every detail we will have to collect from Raipur in a single day, including the details of where Poornima was actually born, the hospital of Raipur. And we need to get records. It will be the most time consuming part, but we need to do it."

" Don't worry Bhaiyya, I will get it. " told Sreedhar

" So if the birthdate of the child is before Dec, evidence available of no abortion and their stay in Raipur is validated we can conclusively say Poornima is Tilak Bhaiyya's daughter"

" But Sudhir Jethji don't we have one more problem " asked Suman

" What problem Suman" asked Sudhir

" Jethji we all agree Tilak Bhaiyya married Anu. The fact that Tilak Jethji told it to Renu Bhabi is enough for us. But for the outside world. When we say Poornima is Tilak Jethji's daughter don't we need to prove conclusively that Tilak Jethji was married to Anusree. Else wont the society still treat Poornima illegimate and also it will question the reputation of the family too. I mean son of the family had relation with a woman outside wedlock and the girl also might not be able to take it lightly if the allegation remains"

Sudhir smiled at Suman and Sreedhar was laughing. Suman and her questions. He once again remembered the girl at the back of the hall who asked " Who decided Sreedhar Varma is the best male dancer in college"

Vindhya and Renu looked at her amused. They have never seen Suman asking something so assertively.

" Why is everyone looking at me. Did I ask a wrong question. Why are you laughing Sreedhar" she looked accusingly at him. He laughed once again making her show fake anger.

" Suman you asked the perfect question. A point which all of us have forgotten. Bhabi does anything exist with you as the proof of the marriage. Any photo, any document. Anything. We cant expect the great Mahant to open his mouth"

" Sudhir Tilak has given a key to a locker in Jaipur SBI branch. He had said I should be opening it only if he is no more or at the case of a emergency. I feel I should be opening it. In all probability there will be something inside that. Don't worry school and bank I will handle"

" Fine then. We will meet here once again tomorrow evening with what all information we have got"

Harkishore sat near Poorni's bed. She was sleeping and he caressed her hair. " Child I know I am playing a dangerous game. A game if it doesn't go the way I want can hurt you and steal you of your innocence. But I do not have another option Poorni. With what happened to your mother I cannot trust the Varma's blindly. If they want you my child, if they want to repent, they will have to accept you publicly claiming you as their blood. They have to publicly give honor to your mother and accept her as the DIL of their family. I do not want any private deal my child. It was my biggest mistake to allow your Papa marry your mother in temple with only me, her mother and that Mahant present. Your Papa convinced me. And your mother loved him a lot. So I agreed. But child with knife at our neck the community meeting was conducted for your mother where she was forced to be silent. Else it was told we will be killed. Forgive me Poorni and believe me I am praying everyday my assessment of Sreedhar Varma Sudhir Varma and Maheswariji doesn't go wrong and your family be restored to you." Poorni turned, holding her nanu's hands in sleep. Harkishore gently placed her hand on the bed, got up, went to the window and looked outside.