The Hope, The Solace

The phone rang and Rakhi took it. That day they had gone to some important temples in Jodhpur and also visited the museum and were just back.

" Sreedhar Bhaiya bua is calling" told Rakhi. Sreedhar took the phone.

" Maa we will start from here tomorrow morning." told Sreedhar

" Sreedhar that is why I called you beta. Suman's sister Devika has got job in Jaipur. She has to join next week. I felt why trouble them in coming here. You do one thing. Go there with Suman, Nami and Adwaith and bring her along with you. Suman also has not gone to her house . Also the date of shop opening is taken that is Jul 3rd . It would be good if she takes blessings from her family also. You will do it naa beta. I committed without asking you."

" Maa why are you asking like this. Of course I will go. No issues. But what about Poorni, Vaishu and Aakash"

" That I guess all three can come by bus. You give the phone to Vaishu. I will speak to him" told Maheswari

Sreedhar indicated to Vaishu same time mulling over how it will be for Suman. He knew she wouldn't take it easily. He will have to talk her. He told everyone what Maheswari told him observing Suman keenly. As expected he could see her hands shaking but she was holding on tightly.

" No issues Dadiji. We will come" he heard Vaishnav speaking and then keeping the phone.

Once they were back Sreedhar eyed Vaishu and they both moved to the courtyard.

" What happened Sreedhar uncle. Everything went as per plan right. We had spoken to Pooja didi about the vacant house I have naa. Devika didi is getting that house only. We were expecting any day the job offer will come right" told Vaishnav.

" Vaishu going to Suman's place to pick Devika didi was not part of the plan. It is not that I have any problem going there. But Sumi has. She is afraid. Her last memories of that place are not good. I would say brutal. I need to speak to her today at any cost. You and Poorni need to help" told Sreedhar

" You don't worry uncle. That time will be given to you" told Vaishnav.

Jyothi sat in their room looking at her 5th month pregnant belly as her husband Pritam came in. He sat beside her. They both looked at each other, each searching the answer they expect in other's eyes.

" Jyothi do you really think I should speak to Sreedhar" asked Pritam.

" Pritam you very well know this can be the door we were waiting for. You had asked me how long we will hide the truth from the family that our second child is going to be a girl.You also told Bade Papa has killed a baby girl after she was born in the case of Amrit Jethji. You have also told about Sulakshna Maa who had really gone to protect her girls and the family has ruined her reputation. No one knows where she is or what happened to her daughters. It was after that Papa married your Maa and both you and Praful were born. I know you also need your daughter. You want to protect her at any cost. Don't you take the chance that is opening up in front of us"

" Jyothi still,he is Suman's devar. If he tells someone else what about our family reputation" asked Pritam.

" Pritam somehow I feel Sreedhar wont do that. I don't know why, but I feel that way.His boldness in protecting Suman in front of the crowd, his support for the kids in bringing the widows outside make me believe him. Also Bhavani Chachi was speaking highly of him. She was telling he is inspired from one Narayana Murthy who regards his wife a lot and owns a big company of computers. Let us trust him Pritam. For our daughter " Jyothi was crying now. Pritam held her hand " I will speak Jyothi, I will speak to him. We will save our daughter" . Jyoti kept her head on her husband's shoulders and Pritam gently massaged her belly."

Suman was in her room. Poorni had told her Sreedhar will come to speak to her. Poorni and Vaishu were keeping everyone on the top floor busy with Monopoly in Aakash's room. They told since it is their last day there, they will play to the hilt and since Monopoly was addictive everyone was lost in it while elders retired to their rooms.

Sreedhar entered her room. " Sreedhar stand there. Don't come forward. I will fall in your arms. I wont be able to hold myself" told Suman.

Sreedhar moved forward smiling at her. She looked at him pleading but stood her ground. He stood just one feet away from her and looked at her.

" Sumi you are standing where you are, not in my arms. It was just your fear. You very well know your limits" told Sreedhar

" Sreedhar what are you trying to tell" asked Suman

" Sumi you are afraid of going to your home. You are forgetting the fact that you are not going there as the daughter of that house, but as bahu of my house. I am there with you Sumi"

" That is why I am afraid. You are going there. I don't know what you will go and do there. You wont keep your mouth shut and will irritate my Papa. "

" I told you earlier also. This is between me and your father. I will have to deal with it and I will deal with it. You don't worry too much about that. Your Maa would be eagerly waiting to welcome you. Also wanted to let you know, we knew your Devika didi getting job. She is going to stay in Vaishu's vacant house.Once that documentary aired Sudhir Bhaiyya , myself and Pooja didi were working to get things moving. It took some time but eventually we all managed it. So be happy about the success of making your Devika didi independent. Your nieces will study and not get married in teenage. Leave your fear Sumi. Trust me please."

Suman looked at him. His eyes were pleading and she nodded in affirmation that she will manage. They said good night to each other as he walked out of her room.