The Tedy, Naina Rawat

Suman was feeling sleepless. " What would have Sreedhar bought for her". She should have completed the sentence. But then thinking about the sentence itself she blushed deep red. Why doesn't he understand she cant tell it. Should she muster courage to tell. Ok she will tell tomorrow if that is what he wants. No she will write the sentence. He should be fine with it. What should she do. She decided to go and stand in the balcony. There was full moon anyways.

When she came out she smiled. Sreedhar was standing near the lampshade. He looked up and showed the Archies bag. He asked her shall he throw. She indicated doesn't he want the sentence complete. He indicated if she is uncomfortable it is ok. She need not have to tell. She indicated him to wait and went inside. After sometime came back and threw a paper ball at Sreedhar.

Sreedhar opened it. In bold letters she had written " We are not making bed for our Suhaagraat". He looked up and saw her blushing yet smiling. He indicated they wont be making bed for their Suhaagraat. All his trouble is for that so that the bed is decorated by others. She laughed and he too laughed throwing the Archies bag towards her. She caught it opened and took the Tedy. She admired it in her hands and then kissed it looking at him. He smiled and kissed the paper she threw at him. She said gnite and he too told her gnite. Suman kept the tedy near her in the bed. " You are going to be here with me now every night " she told kissing the Tedy one more time. Sreedhar closed his eyes and he felt her very close to him. He knew where she would have kept the Tedy, the thought itself giving him a pleasant warmth. He pulled the pillow towards him and hugged it.

Naina was combing her hair in front of the mirror. She was excited. She had overheard her parents convo. She smiled as she remembered the convo

" Shashank how are you going to ensure Rajasekhar agrees for the marriage in next 2 months. You very well know it is not one year after Murali Varma's death"

" Surekha it is very important we listen to Mahantji. He has helped us a lot. Now because of Sreedhar Varma Mahantji is in mess. That boy has gone too far. Last year I had discussed his alliance with our Naina. Rajasekhar was interested in it and told he will discuss after Murali's marriage. Now see we will just go and say Naina's horoscope is having some problem. If she doesn't get married in next 2 months then there will be big problem. Varma group has atleast 30-40% of their business with us and it is through us their whole sale clothes go to retail market. So if he disagrees I will bring business. They cannot lose business"

" But what will Mahantji gain if Sreedhar marries Naina"

" You are not getting me Surekha. If Sreedhar –Naina marries then make sure you teach our daughter to keep Sreedhar in control and not allow him to mess around in the name of social reforms. Also Naina once she enters Varma house can keep that widow bahu of Rajasekhar Varma at bay. Our girl knows all that"

" Now I understand, anyways Sreedhar Varma is very handsome and will be a good match for Naina"

" Ok so next week I will raise this alliance with Rajasekhar Varma and you be ready to speak to Maheswariji"

Naina had finished combing her hair. Sreedhar Varma was her school crush 3 years Senior to her. No one knew it. Now her parents are going to make them a pair officially. She was thrilled. Once married Sreedhar Varma will be hers only. She will not leave him. She sat there thinking what all she need to do post marriage. They should definitely plan their honeymoon outside India maybe to Europe or even Singapore-Malaysia should be fine. She has to think of what all dresses and jewellery she needs to buy for the wedding. She should get a pink lehenga for Sangeet, orange for wedding. If it is going to happen in 2 months she will have to plan a lot of things. She took a note pad and began to write things needed for her engagement, her wedding.

" I asked you to sleep. Why are you looking at me" Suman was talking to the Tedy.

" When you are so near to me how can I sleep" she saw him looking at her lying next to her in the bed

" Who asked you to come here" she jumped from the bed, only to realize it was just her feeling and only the Tedy was there. She blushed feeling him so close. She pulled the Tedy towards her, hugged it tightly slowly drifting to sleep.