Pain, Comfort, Elation

Renu you remember Pooja right " asked Tilak as Renu came into their room. " Yes of course. She was the girl who had come and asked us about Sudhir and you told he had chicken pox when we had gone for his convocation. She is here now "

" Yes she has been posted to Jaipur. Pooja was a brilliant student and a fierce competitor for Sudhir to the extend Sudhir never committed on gold medal telling Pooja is capable of outwitting him. They fought over marks but at the same time exchanged notes too. You know Renu Pooja was the type of girl Sudhir had always wanted to marry. Intelligent, elegant and poised. And.." he closed his eyes.

" Dadu me and Renu should go for Sudhir's convocation. But it is his convocation. He has got gold medal "

" What will Sudhir do with gold medal. He is in business and tomorrow some important stock is coming which he has to check. Go collect the medal. It will suit you. Collect it as the price of your deed "

Tilak looked at his father who was standing mute in the side tears streaming down his cheeks and as he came out Sudhir held him " Bhaiyya see I do not have any problem. Please don't feel bad about anything. I am fine. I am learning things on business right, so cannot miss what Dadu has told me. You go. It will be good for Renu Bhabi to see the city. She has never been to Delhi right. Take her to Red Fort, Qutub Minar and also show her our Parliament, she will feel happy"

" Tilak do you think Sudhir loved Pooja " asked Renu apprehensively

" No Renu. He didn't had any affair or anything. At that time he was more concerned about going to US than getting married. He was more into gold medal for Bsc than gold medal in love. Also he expected his parents to choose the girl. Only thing was he expected a sophisticated girl. But that was not to be. Everything was taken from him. Today when I saw Pooja once again I was reminded what all I had snatched from Sudhir "

" Tilak Sudhir and Vindhya are happy. And I feel we should let things to be like that. Don't think about past" even as she said it Renu knew there was no use. Her husband was lost in his world looking out through the window. She sighed.

" Vindhya what happened to you. Why are you silent" asked Sudhir looking at his wife who was arranging their bed after putting to sleep their daughter.

" Nothing Sudhir. I am not silent. Didn't you see me talking to Renu Bhabi and Suman. You are just feeling things"

Sudhir got up, went near her and held her by her shoulders " Vindhya look at me. If you think you can get away lying to me it is not going to work "

Vindhya looked at him and Sudhir saw her eyes were red as if she has cried. He made her sit on the bed .

" Vindhya is Pooja your problem " . Now tears flowed like anything from Vindhya's eyes. Sudhir pulled her closer and wrapped her in his arms. " Vindhya what has gone into your head. She is my classmate and you are my wife "

" Sudhir isn't she the type of girl you had always wanted to marry. A kind of girl which I can never be. I don't like academics Sudhir and I cant help it. And I am always laughing around, talking around with scant regard to the surroundings"

" Vindhya have I ever asked you to be something which you are not. Vindhya if you have shortcomings, I too have not been the best husband for you, I too had shortcomings. Still you are the woman who has walked with me for 10 years. You are the mother of our child. And understand one thing Vindhya I love you. There was no woman before you in my life and there will not be any other woman in my life apart from you. Sudhir belongs to you and no one else. Vindhya you have given me the most precious thing I had always wanted in life. Support for doing things that is in our family's best interest and no one but you can do that Vindhya.Now please don't cry. Because if you cry I also feel bad "

Vindhya looked at her husband, seeing the warmth in his eyes she smiled. Sudhir bend down and kissed her forehead, her eyes , her lips, her neck. Vindhya melted in her husband's arms as Sudhir loved her with a passion which she had never felt before. "

Suman was lying in the bed. Her stitches were removed and her arm was healed and she was back to saree. She opened the letter Sreedhar had left her in the terrace when she was doing her work.

" Sumi from the day I had seen you in white dress everyday night I used to sleep dreaming the next day I wont see you like that. I will see you in dresses of normal colors. And today first step has been taken in realizing that dream of mine. Liberating you from that white saree. To see you in normal color sarees. You don't know how much happy I am today." Suman folded the letter a smile playing on her lips

" I have not given name for Jodi Dance this time. So why are you coming to me for Jodi dance. Go dance with Riya di or Krithika di" Suman and Sreedhar were sitting in lover's corner in college.

" You need not have to give name. It is unianimously decided that after last year's performance we both are doing Jodi dance this time "

" Who decided , I don't want to dance with you" Suman got up to go and Sreedhar pulled her back

" You don't want to dance, fine then I am also not dancing. I will ask them to choose another pair " told Sreedhar mocking anger.

" Arrey baba now don't get angry, I will dance but tell me which song we are dancing. Anything decided "

"Off course" he told excitedly " Ghungat ki aadh se dil bhar ka isn't it a beautiful romantic song"

" Yes it is, but costume wise I will have to wear a heavy lehenga and all Solah Sringaar. It will be too stuffy. Take another song Sreedhar "

" Wont you dress up like my bride Sumi. I wish to see you like that"

Suman saw his eyes glistening " Cant you have patience Sreedhar, anyways one day I will be your bride"

" No I want to see my bride now. Tell me you will do it Sumi "

Suman laughed in the bed. Sreedhar loved to see her decked up which she used to do rarely and she had done it for him for their dance. A heavy bright embroidered red lehenga with all jewellery and sringaar of a bride. She blushed thinking about the way he had looked at her and how closely he had danced with her on the stage.

Sreedhar sat in the chair with hands to thechin. In his thoughts there was only image. Suman dressed up like a bride fortheir dance performance and the glow on her face when they danced together. "Soon you will wear that Solah Sringaar in my name Sumi. I know it will happen.He smiled to himself.