The Mehrangarh Fort

This is a part dedicated to my reader Beautiful from India forums. This has been added to accommodate her request of wanting a duppatta romance.

They all were standing in front of the Meharganj Fort. Rakhi, Rajdeep and the other kids of the family have also accompanied them. Only Raji didn't come as since her engagement was planned in another one month Priti Bhabi didn't wanted her to go in the sun.

The Fort was majestic and they saw a paved path to reach the top of the fort. They all had picnic baskets with them so that they can have lunch once they reach the top of the fort. As the started climbing the wind was blowing hard. Sreedhar was telling about the history of the fort, what all they can see there. Rakhi was chatting endlessly about Moti Mahal and Phool Mahal and the carvings inside it.

Suddenly her duppatta flew " Arrey my duppatta saying it Rakhi began to run. Poornima following her

" Girls get the duppatta quickly let it not fall in some guy's neck as garland" shouted Suman teasing them

Hearing her Rajdeep rushed and he caught the duppatta grinning at Suman " I have taken it Suman Bhabi. Now you don't worry" and everyone laughed. As they climbed Vaishu and Poorni managed to split the group in such a way so that Sreedhar and Suman are left behind.

" Your duppatta has fallen on someone's neck as garland" asked Sreedhar

Suman looked at him with a mischievous smile " Why, if my duppatta has landed in someone's neck is it a problem for you"

" Who is that" Suman saw his possessive streak

" Why are you concerned. It happened before you proposed me . Now look at these beautiful carvings" told Suman diverting the topic

Sreedhar didn't persist, but Suman could see his face had fallen. They continued moving from room to room where she asked him questions about the carvings and he replied and she chatted on what she felt about them. Telling she can use some of the carving designs for her fabric painting and embroidery also. They reached the top and others were waiting. They all had lunch there under a canopy. Sreedhar did chat with kids answering their questions but Suman could see he was distracted. After roaming a bit more time in the fort they started their return journey. As expected Vaishu and Poorni once again managed to split the group to give Suman and Sreedhar private time.

" Sreedhar what happened. You look sullen" asked Suman

" Nothing, it's ok. " told Sreedhar

" It is not ok. I know. Cant you even understand Sreedhar if I am silent the answer is only one, else why would I hesitate to tell you the name of the person on whom my duppatta had fallen. I do not have anything to hide from you Sreedhar. Your Sumi was , is , will be yours"

Sreedhar looked at her wide eyed. " What do you mean Sumi. But when", then suddenly he remembered something " Sumi was it .." seeing her smile he understood it was indeed hers.

It was just about a week the degree first year classes had started. Suman and Aleena were rushing to the class from hostel post lunch. It was a very windy day. Both of them were trying hard to control their duppattas and the salwars. Suddenly Suman's duppata flew and the girls ran behind it.

But the duppatta eluded them and landed in the neck of one among the two young men coming in the opposite direction. Suman hid behind the nearest available tree.

" Aleena go and get it from them. How will I come in front of them"

" Suman it seems they are seniors. What if they don't give" asked Aleena

" If they don't give well let me see, I will try to come. But now you go and ask"

Sreedhar took the duppatta from his neck

" Sreedhar it seems God has listened to some lady's prayers finally. Look how beautifully her duppatta has fallen in your neck as garland" teased Kailash who was with him

" Keep quiet Kailash. Let me see who is the owner of it" told Sreedhar

" Seems that is the owner. Doesn't look good enough Sreedhar" told Kailash pointing at Aleena coming towards them.

It was then he noticed that the girl had duppatta and seemed to be a first year seeing the way she was walking timidly. She stood in front of them

" Hello can I have the duppatta" asked Aleena

" But this is not your duppatta right. Ask the owner to come and collect it " told Kailash

" See my friend is not comfortable to come in front of you without her duppatta. Please understand and give it to me" told Aleena in a very pleading manner. Suman observed them from behind the tree.

" We are not.."

" Girl take it. Your friend need not come. Arrey it is time for our class. Come let us go " Sreedhar gave the duppatta in Aleena's hand and dragged Kailash along with him. Aleena gave a sigh of relief and ran towards Suman.

When she got the duppatta Suman wanted to run behind the young man and say " Thank you " to him. But then they would be late for lecture. So she hurried, she will tell him later.

Suman looked at Sreedhar " I didn't know then you were Sreedhar Varma, the boy the whole girls hostel was talking about. I was very much thankful to you that day and to be frank if I had known you were Sreedhar Varma maybe I wouldn't have asked the question also"

" It was good that you didn't know I was Sreedhar Varma. Else how in the world I would have got you" told Sreedhar and she laughed. They were at the ground and they all rushed to the open van for their return journey.