Enforcement Directorate , Charge Sheet

Tilak was chairing the MA meeting. The audit of corp funds was not complete. But with the information they have the auditors felt , it was time to involve ED. There were clear signs of money laundering. They have informed Tilak and Tilak convened the urgent meeting of all members .

" Dear members, apologies for short notice but the matter was of utmost importance. Our auditors feel the corpus fund is not in order. Not just that there is serious irregularities. I would recommend you hear it from Mr Khatyal the chief auditor what they have found" told Tilak and turned to Mr Khatyal

Tilak could see a member Bhaskar shifting uncomfortably in the seat. Another Shyamlal perspiring. Tilak knew they were supporters of Rawat but on opportune moment ditched him. Now their only objective will be to know will they be incriminated.

Khatyal slowly started explaining what they have seen. He explained the funds received, funds spent and the abnormalities discovered . He concluded his speech telling that they are unable to trace where money was spent on various occasions, also for many transactions the source was not clear. The books have been badly mismanaged for past several years and it would be their suggestion that this account be left for investigation to ED and they start the transactions on a fresh note in a new account.

" Thank you Khatyal" told Tilak and then turned to fellow members " So all this is my proposal, we are going to raise complaint with ED on this account. Mr Khatyal has told me, he and his colleagues will help in preparing the necessary documents. Also I am planning to invite Mr Amit Rathore as our law advisor. You all know he is in charge of the famed Mahima Das rape case and I made some enquiry about him and came to know that he is very reputed , takes up lot of philanthropic cases also and have won some cases for marginalized section of people who have no money to pay. If you agree we can appoint him with a retainer and it will be helpful for us to argue our case against those who did malpractice when ED completes their investigation.

Another proposal I have is that making corp funds a trust and opening an account in trust's name. Again Mr Khatyal has offered to help us with the documentation. The advantage of having the trust is that all donations can be monitored as I would say you all make payment to the trust once a quarter using cheque. Second advantage for any spending 2 trustees will have to sign the cheque. This will ensure accountability of transaction also. Now for trustees I will be one as I am the chairman and I would request two more members to come forward to take the responsibility. We will change the trustees once a year so that there is more transperancy.

There was unanimous agreement of giving the investigation to ED and making Amit lawyer. On making a trust there were queries and Tilak was able to answer most of them. So it was also agreed. Tilak looked at Rajasekhar who was sitting there feeling proud. Tilak had extensively discussed it with Rajasekhar and Sudhir before placing the proposal. Rajasekhar had talked to some of his friends to back the notion of trust as it will be beneficial for everyone concerned. Five people nominated for the post of two trustees. So a vote was conducted and two trustees were chosen. Once the meeting was over and everyone came out many members congratulated Tilak for bold proposal. He told he owed it to his father and brother who had helped him iron out all the little skirmishes.

Maya was in day care and the phone rang. She went to pick that up. " I got the Red rose" came response from other end. Maya knew it was one of her agents. It was clear instruction that the phone in day care wont be used unless it is very urgent . So the call meant it was something very urgent and permission was sought to send a message to her to which she has to reply promptly" Bring it" she told and kept the phone. After about one hour a man stood in front of day care. Maya went to him

" Madam a child's parent has send a request as she will be late today and expects a prompt response from you on whether you can keep the child here till 7:30 pm. She has mentioned the reasons in this letter"

" Sure " told Maya and went inside with the letter. She opened the letter. It read " Charge sheet filed today in District court on Mahima Das rape case. We do not have the main target named. We have Sartaj and Sartaj's son along with the other gundas in the charge sheet. The Police Inspector Rupinder is also mentioned, but the evidence against him is weak. He may come out. What is our step regarding this case. "

Maya wrote " Don't do anything now. Ensure all support to start the trial early. Handle the  delaying tactics of the defense. We need to get a conviction for Sartaj and his son at any cost or atleast they have to feel they wont escape noose.Then we will strike the bargain to get info on our primary target" . She rolled the paper, went back to the man and told " I have given reply. Please assure her it is fine . I will be here till 7:30 pm". The man thanked her and as she saw their informer walking way Maya clenched her fist. She knew it , he will escape but she had hoped what if . She took a deep sigh and went back to her seat and start observing the children