Counter Attack Strategy

Varma family was seated at dinner table. Suman was not there. She was in her room as Maheswari had instructed with a bandaged arm she need not move up and down atleast till the stitches are taken.

Sudhir had not yet come. Renuka had ensured kids had the dinner early and Vindhya had taken them to the room. They knew it will be heated conversation during dinner and they didn't wanted kids to be part of the argument.

" Sreedhar you will apologize " told Rajasekhar

" Papa what are you telling. First thing I didn't tell anything wrong. Second thing the kids have trusted me. If I go and apologize fearing this stupid thugs they will lose confidence. The change which is initiated at this point will be stopped. Papa let us not fear"

"Rajasekhar Sreedhar is right. If we back out now it will not look good. That too due to a threat. I guess we should be giving police complaint "told Maheswari

"Maheswari what will we do giving police complaint. Can they stop such thugs. If he doesn't apologize who will answer if Aakash, Nami or Adwaith are kidnapped or worse something more done to them. Then Suman. Fine she protected herself yesterday. What if the same thing happens tomorrow and something happens to her. What answer we tell her maayka. People will only say we didn't care for her because she is a widow"

" How can they say that Papa. The full community saw the way we protected Suman in the last meeting. Most people know that Suman is well treated here. "told Tilak

" Tilak here people might know,but the story that goes to her maayka can be different. It will say to show our son as a hero we didn't care about Suman. I do not want any other mess right now. Sreedhar no more argument. Tomorrow I will tell Mahantji that you will apologize in meeting day after tomorrow and that is final" told Rajasekahar.

Tilak got up the table, left the food half finished and walked to his room. Sreedhar was angry and before Rajasekhar knew what was happening he threw one glass towards the wall and the glass shattered and Tilak turned startled.

Rajasekhar had never seen Sreedhar with such a rage. His hand was cut. He threw the next glass to the wall. " Sreedhar stop, you are hurt "

" This is physical hurt Papa. It will heal. What about my emotional wound. Do you have any answer. Yes I will apologize, but before that let me hurt myself for hurting the trust of those innocent kids". He threw another glass. Tilak came running to catch his brother. Rajasekhar and Maheswari were stunned. " Don't come near me Bhaiyya " told Sreedhar as he threw another glass. His hand was really bleeding now with the injury. Tilak stood stunned before his brother who was on rampage. Sreedhar took the next glass, but before he could throw his hand was stopped firmly.

Sreedhar looked up, only to see Sudhir. Sudhir gave him a tight slap on the cheek " Put the glass down Sreedhar. Throwing glasses and hurting yourself doesn't bring any solution. Why cant you just wait for me. Bhabi bring the first aid box and bandage him " Sreedhar sat down tired

Renuka rushed to get the first aid box. By this time hearing the commotion Vindhya and Suman also had come down. Suman looked at Sreedhar's bleeding hand. How much the pain has changed him. He was a cool guy and rarely used to get angry. Not these days she thought.

Sudhir turned to Rajasekhar " Papa Sreedhar wont apologize. He has not done anything wrong and we wont cow down to threat"

" Sudhir be in your senses. Have heroism got into your head to the extend you want to put family into trouble "

" Papa I suppose you shouldn't be asking me the question about family" he looked at Rajasekhar sharply and Rajasekhar averted his eyes. Maheswari wondered what is that between father -son which she didn't know. Sudhir's affirmative voice told her there was something which Rajasekhar had not told her.

" When I say Sreedhar wont apologize I have put plan to take care of family also. I only want one help from you. Don't go and tell anything to Mahantji. Trust me, I will ensure neither the family suffers nor Sreedhar is forced to do anything wrong"

Rajasekhar gave a curt nod to Sudhir and told " Sudhir remember if anything goes wrong you are solely responsible"

" I take the ownership Papa " told Sudhir strongly.

As Rajasekhar walked away Sudhir turned to Tilak and Renu. "Tilak Bhaiyya, Renu Bhabi for the plan I have in mind I need your permission"

Renu had bandaged Sreedhar's hand by then. Sudhir told them what he has in mind. " Is it ok Bhabi. Will you allow"

" Sudhir for what Suman did to Aakash yesterday, if I deny you permission to what you have in mind, first I am being ungrateful to her because of my selfishness, second I am making my son a coward. I don't want anything of that. We will speak to Aakash "

" Thanks Bhabi. Sreedhar finish food, Vindhya get dinner for me too. I am hungry. Be quick. We both have to go somewhere"

Vindhya looked at her husband quizzingly and enquired is he going to the place where she is expecting him to go with her eyes. He nodded. Vindhya smiled as she moved to kitchen. Maheswari asked Suman also to sit with them and have food.

" Where are we going " asked Sreedhar.

" Not all answers are given in a platter Sreedhar. Trust me and come along "

Maheswari looked at her second son. For the first time she felt her second son had so many secrets locked in his heart which not everyone is privy off. But she decided to keep quiet. It was not the time to question him.