The Escapade

" Sumanji hold my hand. Don't leave and walk carefully" told Sreedhar to Suman. They were underground passing through a dark alley the only light coming from the lantern held by Goraji's man who was leading them

" Poorni you are fine right. Hold on " told Suman.

" Chachi I am fine. Only thing my chappal is broken " told Poorni

" Poorni you want my chappal. I can manage" told Vaishnav who was walking at the end.

" No Vaishu since back strap is there I can walk" told Poorni.

Soon they reached an open arena. It was lighted with multiple lanterns. The arena was divided into 2 sections and also on the side a small stream was flowing. The man stood there

" Sreedhar Bhaiyya you and others will stay here till Sudhir saab comes. Water from the stream is good, you can use it for drinking and cooking. There is a chulha there and we have stacked some vegetables and some grains for 2-3 days for you which is there in those sacks . Everything needed to light chulha is also available. You can change dress in the next partition" he showed the other section. If you need any help stand near the stream and tap on the stone like this. He showed them how to tap and made all 4 of them practice it. "Now let me go "

Sreedhar thanked the youngster and when he moved out of sight, they all dropped their duffel bags and sat and began to access the damage.

Poorni looked at her leg. Yes there were bruises though not major. Sreedhar's sleeve was torn and there were scratches in his arm. Vaishu had scratches in his face and neck mostly because of the fall he had when they entered the tunnel. One arm of Suman was also bruised due to the thorn that got stuck in her arm. Suman gingerly took the burnol from her bag, put it on her bruise and then passed it. Everyone washed their wound and attended to it. Then they sat with Poorni distributing biscuits to all from her duffel bag. They didn't know how long it has been because atleast for the past 3-4 hrs they were on the run. As they ate hungrily their thoughts went into that planning of this escapade.

They were all in Dr Sanjay's house. Sudhir had bought Suman from the army camp to that place and had asked Vaishu and Poorni to join them there. Sreedhar also came there.

" Look everyone me and Sreedhar had a detailed discussion with Dinakarji. Dinakarji feels my intuition is right. That they will go for witch theory invoking some superstition. And on all possibility Dinakarji feels it can happen on Mahasivrathri. He is looking into ancient medicine books on what can cause sudden issues and also how to prepare antidote for the same. He said he will try to get the help of Somalatha Devi also. But the problem in front of us is that until it happens we don't know what will happen. Even if it happens it will be sudden and can create panic.

So to safeguard Suman and Poorni this is my plan. The physical protection plan I have given you is an eyewash so that Mahantji thinks this is what I am expecting. None of them will follow you as they know Goraji's men will spot anyone who tries that. They are too good in that area. So on Mahasivrathri day I will ensure Suman and Poorni are bought here. They will stay here. Reason we are chosing this house is because it is easy to go to city outskirts from here. Sreedhar will have to skip from home at evening in his moped and come here. Vaishu will turn 16 before Sivrathri so he can take Neeti's Sunny. I have asked him to learn that. It should be fine for him as he knows cycle very well. So you guys will assemble here. If there is trouble Vindhya will phone you, even otherwise Goraji's men will have a network to ensure the message reaches you. Once you get the message don't wait another second, go from here. Reach the checkpost in the outskirts. Goraji's man will meet you. Follow him and he will show you the safe place where you will have stay till I come. Ensure in the next days Poorni and Suman manages to bring a duffel bag and keep it here. Sreedhar and Vaishu can pack their things and bring it when they come. I hope all of you will manage"

" Don't worry Bhaiyya it will be handled" told Sreedhar. Vaishnav told his grandfather that he was going to stay with Rakesh for couple of days as they had lot to study. Since Rakesh cant come leaving his grandmother he is going there.

It was during aarti Sreedhar had slipped quietly from house in his moped and reached Sanjay's house. As he reached he saw Suman who came to him running.

" No time Sreedhar we need to go " saying she got behind the moped. He saw Vaishu was half way through the gate with Poorni. They waved thanks to Sanjay and his family.

Suman looked at Sreedhar. His eyes told he was reminiscing that journey. She smiled thinking about it.

As the wind blowed on her face Suman felt so calm, so liberated. She leaned against him in the moped unknowingly. Because that was how it was for her. The first time he had taken her, she had kept a distance in the bike only keeping her arm on his shoulder. But the wind that day had also made her lean against him. Sreedhar was battling head and heart. His head urged him to tell her to sit straight. But his heart, heart wanted to relish that moment and finally he allowed his heart to win. It was a simple happiness for her, being so close to him. Why deny her that in that lonely road. After sometime she herself sat straight.

They came back to the present. " Poorni you want to sleep. You look tired. Come sleep in my lap " told Suman.

" No need Chachi. I will sleep leaning against the wall "

" Vaishnav we will take turn guarding " told Sreedhar

" Why you two. All 4 of us will take turn ok. Wejust don't want to sleep off." Told Suman and Poornima agreed. They decidedturns using slot and first turn came to Poorni, then Vaishnav, then Suman andSreedhar was last. Poorni stood near theentrance as the others lay on the bare floor.