The Dilemma

Vindhya came in hurriedly. She needs to speak to Suman. The news doing rounds in the society as well as in the temple was explosive. Before it reaches Sudhir she has to have anti dote to calm her husband down. She was not getting anything. Maybe Suman can help if she can tell her the story. She was not sure whether Renu Bhabi knew anything. She knew if Sudhir knows it, it wont take the maths wizard to put 2 and 2 together.

Aarti was going on in the pooja room and Suman seemed to be in dance room still. Vindhya joined the aarti. As the aarti finished Suman too came out and said bye to her students as their parents came to pick them up. As she was going up to freshen and then pray in the pooja room Vindhya came running

" Suman there is some urgent requirement for one of my friends you know and how quick you can do the embroidery for the saree " she dragged Suman as she talked. Suman understood Vindhya wanted to talk something else and she went along telling " Bhabi I need atleast 2 days to do full embroidery work "

Renu tried to follow them but Maheswari called her " Renu help me in the kitchen please, I am thinking of making Aloo Paratha today "

Renu followed her MIL reluctantly. She needed to finish this fast and go up before Vindhya and Suman came down.

Vindhya entered Suman's room and she shut the door and sat on Suman's bed. Suman sat below

" What happened Bhabi. You look worried "

" Suman I am worried. If I don't handle it right, things will blow up. You will see the Rudra avatar of your Sudhir Jethji "

" Sudhir Jethji and Rudra avatar. Why Bhabi. Jethji is always very composed"

" Yes Suman Sudhir is always composed. But the news going round is true Sudhir wont tolerate it and he has proven he wont tolerate it "

" What news Bhabi and why would Sudhir Jethji upset "

"Suman I will never forget the day Sudhir came and told me to go to Maayka for sometime with Nami as he will be having some difficulties initially if he had to break with the Varma group of industries and he didn't want me to take unnecessary pain with baby Nami. I knew the basis of his decision and what he stood for. Irrespective of him asking I told he can have my jewels and whatever be it I will be with him. We will manage it somehow. He need not compromise his values for anything"

"Sudhir Jethji wanted to break from the family " Suman looked at Vindhya incredulously. For her Sudhir Jethji always tried to keep the family together.

" Yes because there are certain things Sudhir won't compromise on . Suman you know right Sudhir was in Gurgaon when Nami was a baby. He was there 2-3 years. When he was there an incident happened. A typist in his department Malati Mohan got pregnant. At that time she was unmarried. As expected Dadu decided to expel the girl for immoral conduct. Sudhir did as Dadu told or so it seemed. But within 2 weeks in a company worker's meeting in Gurgaon he told the entire people that another employee called Umesh had done a secret marriage with Malati and then dumped her for the lucrative marriage with another girl from a rich family. He showed the proof of Malati and Umesh staying in the hotel where they have registered as Mr and Mrs and some other documents related to it. Then he sacked Umesh and took back Malati.

Umesh parents went to Dadu and told him if Umesh loses job they will be on streets and they were willing to bring Malati as their bahu to their home. Malati refused the offer telling she doesn't want to be in a house that has rejected her, rejected her child and a husband whom she has to share with another woman. She will take care of the child herself as now it is known to the world who is the father of the child. Dadu told if Malati doesn't comply he will sack her. You know what Sudhir did.

He went to Dadu and told he can choose between Umesh and himself. If Dadu is choosing Umesh then Sudhir will walk out. Dadu threatened Sudhir that his brothers and mother will be on streets. Then Dadu got another shock. Sudhir told he has a savings account where he has accumulated enough money from his allowance and he also has my jewellery with which he can start on his own and he is sure he can keep his brothers mother, wife and child without hunger . He will give job to Malati in his new enterprise. Dadu can keep Umesh.

Dadu knew if Maa knows he will support Sudhir only. He accepted what Sudhir did else he couldn't take the stigma of Varma family breaking up. Umesh was sacked and they had to relocate from Gurgaon as the entire people in and around there knew the story of Malati and Umesh. But Dadu couldn't take the shock Sudhir gave. He passed away of cardiac arrest within a month. The ruthlessness with which Dadu dealt others, Sudhir showed him the same ruthlessness when it came to the values he believed in. Malati still works in Gurgaon office and has a daughter.

" Bhabi fine but what has this incident go to do now "

" Lot Suman, lot . You don't know right why Sudhir gave up his US dream and married me. It was because of the affair Tilak Jethji had with a girl called Anusree Patel. What Sudhir knew was Dadu caught Tilak Jethji and forced a marriage on him. And Dadu took the decision for Sudhir. Sudhir couldn't take the insults hurled on Tilak Jethji and also he didnt want any negative repercussions for Murali and Sreedhar he accepted it. The last information known to Sudhir regarding this affair is that Tilak Bhaiyya planned to marry Anusree and elope"

" Now from where Anusree has come and what is the problem to it "

" Everything Suman. News is going round the temple that Poornima Patel is the daughter of Anusree Patel. And this girl Anusree Patel was outcasted from society for pregnancy where the child's father was not known. Even I don't know the full details. I heard about this outcasting due to pregnancy today only. If I look the age of the child it kind of matches with the time Tilak Jethji and Anusree had the affair. I don't know what went between them and if indeed Poornima is Tilak jethji's daughter Sudhir is not going to take it sitting. He will blow up to his brother for destroying a girl's life "

" But Poornima's mother was a widow right. Maybe Anu married someone and he passed away"

" I hope so , but chances are less Suman. Age of the child makes me feel she maybe in all probability Tilak Jethji's daughter"

" She is Vindhya" Suman and Vindhya turned startled to see Renu standing at the door tears streaming down her cheeks.

Vindhya quickly called her inside " Bhabi what are you telling "

" Truth Vindhya and Suman" Renu was crying as she told the whole story of what had happened between Tilak and Anu as Vindhya and Suman listened in shock. " Vindhya I know the Gurgaon incident, but tell Sudhir his bhabi has no one else but him at this point to solve this mess and save her family "

" Bhabi you don't worry . I will think something. Please go down. Else Maa can be suspicious "

As she walked out Suman told " Bhabi you say Sudhir jethji will go berserk and I know Sreedhar will be broken. He keeps his family on a pedestal. If he knows his father supported the character assassination of a girl for family's pride and his brother let go of his wife for his blood and she lived a life of widow to protect the baby his world will come crashing down. "

" Suman the problem cannot be solved if Sudhir goes berserk and Sreedhar sits broken. We have to think something so that no one misses the problem at hand"

Both of them walked across the room. Then suddenly almost together they said. There is a solution. And as they heard each other's solution they both laughed. It was similar

" Suman you write a letter and give to Sreedhar as soon as he comes in. We all will meet in your room at night when Ma and Papa have gone to sleep. I am going down. Come quickly "

Suman nodded as Vindhya walked out.

B