Results

Suman was drying her hair in front of the mirror. It was after months she was looking at the mirror and smiling. She was not sure what will happen. She was not even sure whether she will be liberated from the white dress she was wearing. But that fact that she accepted her feelings towards him, accepted what she wanted has bought much needed peace to her. Well the world may never knew the truth. But to the one who matters she has told the truth.

Sreedhar looked himself in the mirror as he got ready to go to office. She was willing to trust him again. She had told him she wanted him as much as he wanted her. He had managed to cross the first major milestone. To make Suman come out of the trauma, the tyranny of tradition and accept her feelings towards him. He remembered her eyes staring at him through night. The relief seeing him there. He smiled as he took his wallet and watch.

" Sreedhar " his father was calling

" Yes Papa" Sreedhar came out

" Congratulations beta. Your principal had called. You have made the family proud once again. You are Delhi University's gold medalist for this year MA Economics"

" Really" came Renuka running " Let me bring the Mithai now itself"

Rajasekhar hugged his son, but Sreedhar was searching Suman. He saw her standing in the stairs smiling

" Congratulations Sreedhar " she told

" Thank you Sumanji " he replied.

By the time whole family had assembled in the call with Renuka putting a ladoo in Sreedhar's mouth.

" Beta Principal was telling next week there is a felicitation ceremony. Principal was telling this year Post Graduation there are 3 ranks. Third position has gone to one Kailash Malhotra and MA Mass Communication First position to Shekhar Srivastav.

" Shekhar and Kailash have also got ranks. Tha's great. I should be calling them"

" One more thing I thought I will tell you. When you bought the medal for your degree Tilak and Renuka attended the felicitation, this time I feel Sudhir and Vindhya should come with you. "

" Delhi, college, Pitashree thanks thanks a lot". Vindhya jumped

But Sreedhar froze, and he could see Suman has turned stone. Vindhya Bhabi in college. It was diasater in waiting. Tilak and Renu Bhabi had come to college, attended the felicitation. That's it. They were quite formal and mingled only with select crowd. But Vindhya Bhabi she will move to nook and corner of the college. Time for SOS his heart raced

" Why Sreedhar what happened " asked his father. " Look Beta I know you want us to come. But you know my commitments and your mother will not come alone to such functions"

" Papa this time I don't want you to come " told Sreedhar in mind but aloud he said " Papa I understand, it is ok but Sudhir Bhaiyya and Vindhya Bhabi are there right "

"Yes come let us have breakfast."

" Papa do you mind I come late to office today. I need to call friends" told Sreedhar

" Beta enjoy it is your day "

Suman tried hard to stop her giggle. She knew his desperation and his need to get ready the batallion to tackle Vindhya Bhabi. Library where college magazine will be there. It has their photo together. Winners of Jodi dance and also for the best pair, not once but twice. Satyam Sir will surely talk about Sreedhar and his dancing capabilites. Then there were enough students who knew Sreedhar Varma and his love story. Suman didn't know why she was not feeling scary, but was enjoying his predicament.

Sreedhar came back to his room. Suman's suppressed giggle had not missed his eye. But he was not feeling angry at her. He knew she will be worried but at this point she is enjoying the mess he is in.

Before he took the phone it rang. It was Gautham at the other end. " Sreedhar congrats, I have also got kailash here"

"Kailash I know, what about you Gautham"

" Don't worry came to 5th position by a whisker. Doesn't matter. But there is also another interesting news. We were going to call you. We both have cleared Civil Services Prelims. Now Mains is in Dec. Preparing"

" That's double whammy friends. I also have some good and bad news for you. Tell me what you want first"

" Tell the bad one first", shouted Kailash snatching it from Gautham.

" Guys my Sudhir Bhaiyya and Vindhya Bhabi are coming for felicitation ceremony. Vindhya Bhabi is a social butterfly. Do you understand the task in hand "

Kailash muttered something to Gautham and Gautham took the phone " Sreedhar we will have the entire strength. I will call all including girls also from our batch. Aleena can ensure the girls from their batch will support. We will plan and coordinate yaar. Don't worry. We will manage it. Nothing will go out "

" Gautham it is not as easy as it sounds. You don't know Vindhya Bhabi. One hint and she will move heaven and earth and no information escapes her"

" Sreedhar I also know it is not as easy. But Riya and Shalini are no less social butterflies. If Vindhya Bhabi takes hints, they are good at giving wrong hints"

Sreedhar laughed. Shalini Sharma was the knowledge house of the college. Nothing or no one escaped her eyes.

" Now you tell me what is the good news " asked Gautham eagerly

" Suman is willing to trust me once again and she smiled. Smiled at me from her heart after so many days"He was whispering into the phone, lest someone hear him Gautham could feel emotions choking up in Sreedhar

" Sreedhar first step is done, we will not allow a step backward on this. We will move forward. We all are there with you. See you next week"

As he kept the phone, he saw Suman standing at the door. She was looking straight at him. A calmness was filled in her eyes. " Maa have asked will you have lunch here."

Tell her I will only go after lunch.". She turned " One more thing I wish to have dal tadka for lunch"

She turned and smiled. Dal Tadka the only thing Suman had told him she knew cooking properly on her own. " I will make" she walked out.