The Luncheon, The School, The Complaint

The next day Latika Mami asked Priti bhabi, Rakhi and Rajashree to take Suman, Poorni and Vaishnav to their school as the others will go to Sobha Mausi's house for luncheon.

" I am not coming Chachu. Why have you agreed to go to Sobha dadi's house. She has not invited Poornima didi." Told Aakash defiantly and the other two children stood behind him

" It is not right naa Chachu. You all tell us to speak truth, behave well with others then why are we going to a place where Suman Chachi and Poornima didi is not invited. I am also not coming" told Nami holding her elder brother's hand.

" I am also not coming if Poornima didi not coming " told Adwaith joining the bandwagon.

Sreedhar was at loss what to say to them. Latika Mami, Rakhee everyone tried. But the kids were adamant as why they should go. Jaideep Mamu simply refused to talk as he told he doesn't have answer to the kids question.

" You three are going with Chachu" told Suman

" Chachi .." started Aakash

" Aakash listen to me. Some 6-7 months back I couldn't step out of the house. There was Nami's dance programme. The family went right. 15 years back what happened to Anu Bhabi nobody could stop and your Poornima didi grew up not knowing she has a father or brothers. A punishment was given to me for coming down to protect your chachu. Will you say what your Papa did was wrong given the options he had at that time.Was your dadi was wrong in taking everyone to temple for Nami's performance when I couldn't go out. Was Sreedhar Chachu was wrong in taking the punishment as he should have questioned and rebelled. As you grow up you will know there are situations in life where you cannot define right or wrong. But at that time you need to do certain things for the family. This is also one such thing. If you don't go it is not Sobha dadi you will be insulting but you will be paining your dadi more, Jaideep mamu more. You are the eldest. So stop whining and get dressed."

" Adwaith come, let me get you dressed and Rakhi dress up Nami well. Poorni you too go and get dressed, after lunch we are going to school right" told Suman as she took Adwaith's dress from the suitcase and took the boy to her room."

Sreedhar gave a sigh of relief and Latika Mami and Jaideep Mamu looked at each other. Their eyes passing a silent message.

Soon Sreedhar took the kids for lunch. When they reached Sobha Mausi's house Sobha Mausi enthusiastically invited them all. The kids made an attempt to smile. But mostly stood near Sreedhar not trying to mingle with anyone. Nami simply didn't leave Sreedhar's lap as she felt quite uncomfortable there. Then it was time for lunch. When Nami tried to sit with everyone Sobha Mausi stopped her.

" Nami beta you sit with the ladies. Let the men and boys have first" . Nami had tears in her eyes. She had never been told like this. Reluctantly she tried to get up. But Aakash had enough.

" Sobha Dadi I will sit with Nami. She is my younger sister. I cant eat when my younger sister is standing there hungry. I came because Suman Chachi insisted I should be going. Else without you inviting my Poornima didi I was not planning to come. I cannot take this double standards. This is not my Papa and Mama have taught me" and Adwaith immediately got up and stood with his brother. " I will eat with Nami didi"

" Wow see the effect of putting Suman on head. She influences the kids also to rebel. I will speak to Maheswari didi on what her bahu is doing to her grand children. Now what should I say. Sit Namrata. Your brothers wont eat if you don't sit. This is not the way a girl should behave ok. She has to learn to be a good wife, else complaints will come from your sasural" told Sobha Mausi and the girl looked bewildered.