Am I the same

Sreedhar and Sudhir were in the car. Sudhir was driving. They had started early morning 4 am as the journey was close to 15-16 hrs from Jaipur. Sudhir had first thought of bus, but then car looked the better option as it will give them freedom of movement. Also both of them could take turns driving. They knew it will take them a day to reach Raipur, collect all information in another day and return back with all evidence before 6pm on 27th.

They stopped on a roadside dabba for breakfast " Bhaiyya how is Renu Bhabi. Did Vindhya Bhabi talk anything to you "

" Why Sreedhar did Suman tell something to you. I saw you got a letter from her as we were leaving the room after the discussion"

Sreedhar smiled" I don't know why she wrote like that, but I guess after Renu Bhabi broke down yesterday she might have felt whether I have any grievances on her being married to another man, how much ever short the duration was she is another man's wife, a widow and is she still the same for me the way she was before marriage"

" Your Vindhya Bhabi can read minds. She told me yesterday that Suman will ask you this question and yes she also wants to know what you feel about it. So what do you feel " Sudhir asked as they got up.

" Bhaiyya I don't know what exactly to tell. See I love Suman. I love her deeply. I am not sure why she should equate me with Renu Bhabi. Because in Bhabi's case Tilak Bhaiyya loved someone else. But in my case yes Murali Bhaiyya married her. To the society she is Murali Bhaiyya's wife, his widow but I know she had only loved me.She only loves me. Yes the situations forced a marriage on her which she didn't wanted. She fought tooth and nail against it. Even after marriage she didn't succumb to her fate instead was trying every way to be loyal to me, my love. Even now without demanding a thing, not even putting a small pressure on me why I am not making things easier for her she suffers mutely whatever that comes her way including the useless barbs that is thrown at her. Why should she be different for me. She cannot be Bhaiyya. My only pain is I couldn't save her from this trauma, this pain, this turmoil and so the called perceived change by the society that she is no longer my Sumi, but Suman Murali Varma"

" You told her " Sudhir asked

" No didn't get time, was also thinking whether I could know what Vindhya Bhabi thought also. Does she feel I have grievances "

" Sreedhar both me and Vindhya know you have grievances and that grievance has nothing to do with Suman before marriage and after marriage, it has lot more to do with why you couldn't prevent that marriage. What if you had talked about it to Murali or Vindhya when you had come for first year break or even when you came for Jagratha and Diwali during your second year. Did your silence cost Suman her life, her graduation, her dreams. Am I right"

" Yes Bhaiyya you are right absolutely right. If I had told then who knows maybe our parents would have done a roka or atleast a formal conformation on us being a pair. But then you know when I came for first year break nanu's health was not good, I went there and was mostly there for the break. Murali Bhaiyya busy with business problem. Then of course nanu passed away and that was not the time to talk about any of this . Jagratha and Diwali came for a day and to be frank at that time participating in that US conference was running on my head and my attention was more on preparing for national level competition. Between US and love I guess I chose US , she had warned me about her father, I knew the name of Murali Bhaiyya's would be wife but nothing registered in the excitement of attending US conference and for that oversight more than me she is paying the heavy price. And see now this type of questions"

" Sreedhar Suman wants assurance. Give her that. She wants to be sure that you are not willing to start a life with her because you are obliged. Because you feel guilty and the way to salvage your guilt is marrying her"

" Bhaiyya how I am supposed to do that. I mean give assurance. You have the experience of 10 years. Help me in handling this " he chuckled.

" Sreedhar the best way is to talk. Talk to her about something that you both connect and use that to give her assurance. Don't worry after this thing get closed me and Vindhya will help you both to have a good private talk. I guess you both need it "

" Thanks Bhaiyya. Actually you know roaming around in bike, watching movies, chatting in lover's corner was so easy. But now every point opens a new question that leaves both of us in confusion "

" Don't worry Sreedhar. It happens to all couples when you face the harsh realities of life. I am really surprised the way you both are handling it. It is not at all easy especially with the kind of emotional turmoil you face. Look how Tilak Bhaiyya and Anu Bhabi succumbed. They rebelled, but then that rebellion created lot of problems and they couldn't handle those problems and didn't know where to turn for help. Now the question is of the child too. Not even sure how she will take it when truth comes in front of her"

" Yes Bhaiyya I also have that concern. How Poornima will take it. It will be shattering for her. Bhaiyya you are driving for long time now. Come this side. I will start driving"

They changed places. Continued talking about Poornima's feelings, how they need to handle it and by the time they reached Raipur it was 8pm. They checked into a small hotel for the night. Tomorrow they have to start collecting the information and close it tomorrow itself and start their journey back.