The Breakfast

The Varma family was assembled in the table. It was Sreedhar's first day to office. But the point of discussion was Maheswari allowing Suman to teach Megha Samprada's daughter

" Maheswari do you think people wont raise issue regarding Suman teaching dance to an outside student " asked Rajasekhar " Suniyeji I didnt go and advertise or ask anyone to send their kids to Suman. I plainly told the truth to Samprada Pradhan. Seeing our Gudiya dance she wanted her child to get trained under Suman. " " Maa the problem is not one child getting trained. There will be more requests coming from outsiders like Sampradaji. You know we have army quarters, many government quarters where people from cities come and a lot of them dont care of such taboos. People from South have a very lenient view about widow hood these days. But our community will take this as an issue in various forum. " told Tilak " Also Maa yesterday my friend had called. He was telling a community meeting is going to happen this month and the temple priest's wife is going to take up this matter of Suman painting and teaching there. Maa if something goes out we will not be even able to give Suman the freedom we are giving in house " told Sudhir looking sadly at Suman" Bhaiyaa temple priest should not make it a issue. That's all we want right" told Sreedhar who was sitting there quite till now " But Sreedhar how will you ensure Temple priest will not make issue. You know how orthodox he is " " I know Bhaiyya that is why I am telling. You just leave the matter to me. Nobody will raise anything in community hall. And Maa you make whatever arrangement you need to make for Sumanji to start teaching the new girl " Rajasekhar was not convinced, but Sreedhar he had a way of sorting out things, also Maheswari doesnt do things without thinking about the reputation of the family. He decided to leave it to his wife and son to sort it out. As Sreedhar was leaving, she stood by the side of the door, wanting to understand what he was upto. Only if he could look at her. Sreedhar got into the car and looked up. He saw Suman with worried eyes. He gave her a reassuring look telling her not to worry. She couldnt ask anything more with her eyes as Maheswari called " Suman, Vindhya " we need to make the room next to Sreedhar's room ready for Suman's teaching. I have asked the servants to clean it. But we need to get new curtains and all. " Suman beta now a new student is coming, you are a teacher. I would request you to tie your hair in a bun and put black band. Will also ask Sudhir or Sreedhar to bring some good cotton white sarees for you " " Yes Maa." told Suman. " Maa ask Renuka Bhabi with the curtains naa. I will cook " Maheswari looked at Vindhya " why are you lying. I know you want to go for some kitty party to get all the gossip of yesterday night. Go go. Renuka will do things here. " Vindhya gave a sheepish smile and Suman giggled. Maheswari looked at Suman. Even in plain clothes she looked beautiful when she giggled.