The Motive

Sreedhar, Suman, Vaishu and Poorni were in Sudhir's car. Sudhir had come to take them by evening. He told them Goraj's men had already bought the moped and Sunny back. Sreedhar told Sudhir that Poorni and Vaishu came to know about his and Suman's secret. He also told he forgot to tell Sudhir that Suman's sister who came for Deepdan also managed to catch them.

" Sreedhar one way or the other everyone will have to know. I am also expecting they know it gradually. Because love and fear are two things that cannot be hidden for long. It will come out one way or the other. If Maa is comfortable with your alliance then we can say we have won 75% of the battle, Papa is only matter of time. Then comes Suman's father as I don't think her mother will have any problem. But her father will be a tough case but still I feel since Suman is the bahu of Varma family we can manage if Maa and Papa agree"

" No Bhaiyya I want Suman's father to bless us. If I had not wanted to take Kanyadan from her father, I could have eloped and married her. I just hope he understands me and gives his daughter to me happily" told Sreedhar.

" Very nice dream " told Suman " Still you feel Papa will relent"

" Suman that is his faith. His need of acceptance as your husband from your father. Who knows. Maybe it will happen. By the way Vaishu you are staying at our place today. I need to give you all certain answers after putting you all through such hardship. Stay in Sreedhar's room. I have told this to your nanu" told Sudhir

" No issues Sudhir Uncle. Just that I need to go to school tomorrow" told Vaishu

" But you don't need uniform Vaishu. We just need to check the model results right. It is study leave for us. I just hope we don't have to write second model"

" Why no second model " asked Suman

" Suman aunty if we get more than 70% for all subjects then we don't have to write second model. Poorni is afraid just like that. I am sure 4 of us are not going to need second model" told Vaishu

They reached home. Maheswari bought aarti and took aarti for all of them. Renu put kala teeka.

" What a mess you are looking. Go everyone. Have bath and come. Since Tilak has won MA elections we have prepared a small feast " told Maheswari.

Food was good with Poori, Methi Paratha, Vegetable Pulao, Malai Kofta, Baigan Bhartha, Kadai Paneer and then badam kheer and Gulab Jamun. Sreedhar, Vaishu, Poorni and Suman ate like anything. It was like they were eating after 3 days.

" Suman so you eat " teased Vindhya. Suman bit her lips but continued feasting on Methi Paratha and Malai Kofta. Maheswari laughed Suman eating like a kid. Maheswari knew Suman ate very less by habit. She encouraged Suman to eat.

Once the dinner was over, Sudhir asked everyone to assemble in the hall requesting Vindhya to take Aakash, Nami and Adwaith upstairs.

Maheswari looked at Sudhir. " Beta I have only one question. When you knew this much risk was involved in MA election why did you want Tilak to stand. How would Tilak have handled if something had gone wrong with Poorni or what we would have told to Suman's family if something happened to her. More importantly how would we have faced Vaishu's nanu if something had gone wrong. Did the power of MA Chairman mattered to such an extend for you to put the family in risk. That too my son who had never craved for power. Why Sudhir ?

" Maa to answer you I have to go 15 years back. The day dadu told me I cannot study further. The day I heard Dadu insulting Tilak Bhaiyya. I had accepted the decision Maa. Clearly accepted it. But what anyone didn't see was the fact that when I burned my admission letter and scholarship letter there was also a fire burning inside me. A fire against the system that has so brutally taken something very precious to me. My dreams. I vowed that under no circumstance I will allow this system to reach my kid brothers Murali and Sreedhar. If the system has to reach them, then it will have to cross Sudhir.