The Computer

Sreedhar was getting ready to go to office. He looked at file in front of him. It was the business plan. Now to get the typist type it, he knew it will take another 2-3 days as she will have the usual day to day correspondence which cant be waited. Also with year end coming since he was given charge of accounts he was busy.

 Accounts was the last area Sreedhar had wanted during year end. But Rajasekhar felt that was the best time for him to be in that area. Though tough he will learn everything about business accounts once he closes the year end books and go through the audit process with the company CA. 

So Sreedhar knew for the next one month it was going to be night out for him. With Tilak Bhaiyya learning the rope of being MA chairman and Sudhir completely busy in managing Gurgaon as well the new Mumbai business that has come in accounts was solely on his head though Rajasekhar supervised his son. So he had no time to do it himself irrespective of managing to get a computer just last week.

Then it stuck him who can do it. He will have to request Maa. But that means the surprise factor will be gone and he will have to brace for questions. But still it was fine. He will get it done today itself and once Sudhir Bhaiyya is back he can give it to him for consideration. He had given hints to Bhaiyya and he seemed fine with it.

" Maa can you please send Sumanji to office today"

Suman looked startled. Now what did he wants her to do in office. Rajasekhar and Maheswari were equally puzzled

" Suman to office, why do you need her. What can she do in office" asked Rajasekhar

" Type this in computer. She knows to operate computer. I don't have time and the typist will take 2-3 days minimum. But it can be done quickly in computer "

Maheswari looked at Suman " You know computer. What is it. Since last week everyone is talking about computer . Sudhir wants to learn, Tilak wants to learn, Poorni, Aakash everyone has put in line themselves to study computer and you know"

" I have worked in it during college. We had to prepare assignments " told Suman

" So nowadays people going to college know computer. What about your work"

" Maa I don't have dance classes this month as everyone has exams and my saree work holi rush is over. Others I will manage. If Sreedhar needs to finish this plan today I can type and give"

" Fine then get ready, Vindhya pack her breakfast, else she wont eat anything. Sreedhar if you have any such idea why cant you tell it upfront. Or you prefer she come hungry. She is workacholic. Till she completes the task in hand doesn't care about herself"

Suman came down quickly dressed. Vindhya gave her the breakfast box . Rajasekhar went in one car while Tilak, Suman and Sreedhar followed in another car

As they went Maheswari was in thought " Sreedhar knows Suman operates computer. When did he know. Yes they had talked to each other while she was taking food for him during Jagratha fiasco, but the fact that Sreedhar trusted such an important plan in Suman's hand, the fact he knew Suman can finish it in a day was surely an indication Sreedhar knows Suman not just as an acquaintance and she too knows him the way she agreed to his suggestion in Delhi. What was their connection. Suman would be atleast 3 years junior to Sreedhar. So how did Sreedhar knew a junior at this level and what information Suman got about someone 3 years her senior.

They were in office. Computer was kept in Sreedhar's cabin as only he knew to operate it. Suman entered the cabin with him. Sreedhar closed the door behind them. Then held her hand and made her sit in front of the computer

" Sumi remember we learned the computer " he asked

" How can I forget. When you were selected for US conference they wanted you to send your report as soft copy. We had gone to internet cafe in Delhi created email id and I typed half your report . You forced me to learn computer" she smiled

" We have not taken internet connection now in office. But in a month I will ensure it is taken. After that will bring you here one day"

" For what" she asked

" So that you can read all the emails I had sent to you from US" he looked at her warmly

" I will come, I will come to read all those emails. I know you had told me you will send emails and had asked me to read. I had told I may not be able to go to internet cafe once I go home. You told read it when I get time. I want to know each and every detail of that trip of yours Sreedhar. You very well know it was not just your dream, it was my dream also seeing you go for US conference"

" Now type. I have some work to finish. I am going out. Will be moving in and out of the room. If you need anything press this buzzer. Deepa the PA will help you out" told Sreedhar

" Don't worry Sreedhar. I will finish this by evening " told Suman

" One more thing. I had kept this as a surprise for everyone. As you type you will know it, don't tell anyone else till Sudhir Bhaiyya and Tilak Bhaiyya approves the idea and it is formally presented " said Sreedhar smiling at her and she nodded.

As he moved out she opened the file and started typing. And as she read through the pages tears started clouding her vision and she muttered unknowingly. " I am happy Sreedhar I told you the truth that I love you"