The Cat fight, Gifts

" How  dare you   arrest me " shouted Prakash Samrat at Rupinder. There were as usual assembled in Setia's place and he was on bail.

" I had warned each and everyone of you to stay put till we get over the Mahima Das rape case. What was the hurry to fix Sarangi's marriage. Couldn't it have waited " gave Rupinder back

" Prakash before shouting from where did the girl get the guts to speak like that. Why did you allow her to roam. She would have spoken something to that Vaishnav. It was someone from that dignity for widows campaign who married her. They must have informed the collector also" told Setia.

" You are a politician and what are you doing " shouted Prakash.

" Prakash elections are due this year. I do not want to end up in any mess. I am following what Rupinder says. Why cant you guys also do the same" told Setia

" Mahantji are you sure you will succeed with Shivrathri plan. Sudhir Varma not to be taken lightly" told Rawat

" Rawat what will Sudhir Varma do. In the plan we have made Sudhir Varma can only react as he will be clueless on how to act. That is how it is going to hit him" told Mahantji

"Mahantji you told the same thing for MA, but you very well know what happened. He is ruthless" told Rawat

" See he have the support of those tribes. And I can see he is doing everything to guard Suman and Poornima Varma. That is expected from him. Because he is expecting we will kidnap one or both of them"

" Mahantji I am warning you again. If anything goes wrong I wont go alone" told Rawat

" It doesn't matter whether you drown or he drown Mahantji I need someway to close my income tax dues. If not I will have to sell couple of my business" told Prakash

" Better you sell Prakash. I gave you the oppourtunity. Don't you know a girl needs to be kept in house arrest if such a thing needs to happen. Look at Rawat. After the mess she created she is in house arrest so that I can get her a better deal. Rawat there is an option for you. Since Sarangi went away, the groom is still available and what was supposed to go for Prakash can come to you"

Prakash sat silent. Yes he was in deep trouble financially. If he had a daughter he would have had the deal. But then he had only 3 sons. His wife should have given him atleast a daughter. He cursed her under his breath.

" I am fine Mahant. But how will I convince my daughter. I don't want to look a bad father in front of her" told Rawat.

" Rawat you don't worry. Let this police case get over. We will put the fine whatever the magistrate asks instead of imprisonment. After that he will be free. Then listen". Mahantji told Rawat his plan and Rawat smiled.

" So you keep quiet Rawat. After Shivrathri we all will get a new beginning " told Mahantji and laughed. Except for Rawat and Santguru no one joined.

" Sreedhar Chachu has come " jumped Adwaith and ran to Sreedhar hugging him.

" Sreedhar Chachu did you bring choclates" came Nami running.

" Arrey let him him get freshen and eat something" came in Renu

" Bhabi it's ok, let me open the suitcase and give them what I have got for them"

" No Sreedhar it is not right. They should not be indulged like this. You have come after a long flight. You need to freshen up, have tea and snacks and after evening pooja distribute the gifts. They should learn patience. Children. Go. Do your homework" told Renu.

Children went back with sullen face and open their books. Soon the evening pooja was over and children waited eagerly for Sreedhar to open the suitcase. Renu called Poornima and her friends also downstairs.

Sreedhar first took the chocolate packets and distributed it to all the kids. Then he gave pencil boxes with rubber, pencil, cutter all from Singapore to Aakash, Nami and Adwaith. Gave beautiful fancy pens to Poornima and 3 of her friends.

Then he took another suitcase. From it he got some fancy chiffon sarees for Vindhya , Renu and Maheswari. Gave one to Poornima.

Poornima looked at him " Chachu I don't wear sarees"

" I know but the girl who helped me with shopping told this saree can be stitiched into salwar. Ask your Suman Chachi"

" Again girl. Sreedhar you did shopping with a girl . From where did you get her" asked Vindhya.

" The sales girl helped me bhabi. She was an Indian .I don't know a thing about shopping for girls and woman. I told my requirements she helped me with selection. That's it. Also take all these. He put forward some perfume and some creams too" . "She told me this is all good for ladies. So I have bought all these"

" Sreedhar nothing for us. Only your bhabi's, maa and niece get something" asked Tilak

" Yes Bhaiyya. I have got for you too. He gave some men's perfumes and some good pens to his brother's and a golden pen for his father. Also keep this brochures. I will discuss in detail with you on this. This is part of my retail plan"

" So you remembered business also" winked Sudhir

" Sreedhar you didn't bring anything for Suman" asked Maheswari

Sreedhar looked at Suman. She as usual was standing leaning against the staircase

" Maa that I was not sure what I can buy for Sumanji. I mean what Sumanji can wear. I have got something. You check and if it is fine give it to Sumanji"

He gave the wooden box in Maheswari's hand. Maheswari looked at the box. It looked familiar like she had seen it. Maybe it is the box in the house and Sreedhar might have taken it. She dismissed the thought and opened the box. In it was a dozen hairclips of various colors. Singapore style.

She gave the box to Sreedhar. " You gave gift to everyone. Why I should give it to her. You only give" told Maheswari.

Sreedhar gave the box to Suman " Sumanji I have seen your hair is tied always with color hairclips from the time you were allowed to wear colored sarees by the community leaders. So I got this for you. Hope you like them"

Suman opened the box and looked at the clips " Thank you not for you, but for the sales girl who selected this " she laughed. Sreedhar looked sheepish as others joined Suman.

Maheswari observed them. So Sreedhar have looked at what Suman wears. It was a good positive sign. She smiled.

b6⵿�hi5