Chapter 154

A few weeks later, the Paris trip over, and Christmas approaching, everyone was busy with trying to finish all their work load before the holidays. Betty was coming up at 4 months pregnant, and her bump was more noticeable; but luckily she was still able to hide it behind baggy clothes when she was out in public.

On a freezing December morning, Betty was woken up by the sound of jughead getting out of bed. He had an early photoshoot at the studio and would be gone for most of the day. Betty listened as he got in the shower and started to get ready for the day. Yawning, she rolled over to look at the time, seeing that it was 6am, she groaned; pregnancy was taking it out of her and she was constantly exhausted. She had only just come out of her first trimester, so there was a less chance of anything happening, her morning sickness had eased up but her anxiety was higher and was starting to gain weight as the baby grew. Betty lay in bed until she heard jughead in the kitchen, and got up, wanting to see him before he left. Shrugging on a fluffy robe, she trudged into the kitchen, where jughead was making coffee. He hadn't spotted her, so she wrapped her arms around his middle from behind. "Morning" she mumbled into his back, her voice still groggy from sleep. "Good morning sleepy head" he said softly, turning so he could hug her properly. "What are you doing up so early gorgeous?" He asked, kissing her messy bed hair. "I wanted to see you" she said, lifting her head up to kiss him. "Well I'm happy I got to see you before I left" he smiled. "What time do you have to leave?" She asked. "In about half an hour" he told her, letting her go to start making coffee. "Okay" she yawned and rubbed her eyes. "Betts, go back to bed you're tired" he said, gently. "I'm okay" she shrugged. "Honey, you don't have to be up this early" he reasoned. "Plus, this little one is making you exhausted, go and get some more sleep" he added, placing a hand over her bump. Betty smiled, placing her hand over his where it rested on her stomach. "Okay fine, but will you come and say goodbye before you leave?" She asked and he nodded.

Betty must have nodded off but before she knew it the bed dipped beside her and she felt Jugheads lips on hers. "Mmm" she mumbled, sleepily. "Im leaving now baby" he whispered, stroking her hair from her face. "I love you. See you later" she said, opening her eyes to look up at him. "I love you too" he smiled, kissing her again. "You and bug have a nice day, and I'll text you okay?" He said and she nodded. "See you later" he said, with one last kiss before he was out the door. Betty stayed in bed for a little while longer, before deciding to get up and start her day. Luckily, she had a day off from any work today, so she could just relax. First off, she made some porridge with strawberry's for breakfast; eating was still a struggle for her but she knew that she was not only feeding herself now, but her baby and that was more important. As she sat down to eat, her phone buzzed with a text from jughead:

Jug: hey baby! Just starting text me when you're awake! <3

Betty smiled at her phone, before answering her husband:

Betty: I'm awake! Just having some breakfast <3

Jug: that's good, what are you having? <3

Betty: porridge and strawberry's, I wasn't going to Have anything but I know I need too <3

Jug: I'm proud of you betts. You're beautiful! <3

Meanwhile was the studio, jughead pocketed his phone after talking to Betty. He knew how hard pregnancy was affecting bettys mental health In regards to her appearance, but with her therapists help and his own, she was handling it really well and he was so proud of her. His wife was beautiful and he would spend every moment of his life telling her just as much. Jug was broken out of his thoughts by Toni calling him, to let him know their clients were ready, so he grabbed his camera and got ready to shoot.

After their shoot, fangs made them all coffee as they packed away. "Did you guys check the group chat yet?" He asked and they shook their heads. "No?" Sweetpea said as they pulled out their phones. "Cheryl and Kevin want to have a pre Christmas get together and we do a secret Santa" fangs explained. "Sounds fun" Toni smiled. "Looks like Betty's volunteered our apartment" jug laughed, but he was more than okay with it. "I think it will be fun!" Fangs exclaimed. After they all packed away and said goodbye, jughead drove home, eager to see Betty. When he walked in the apartment was silent but he saw the bathroom light on in their room. "Betts?" He called. "I'm in the bath!" She called back and he walked in, seeing his smiling wife in the tub, full of bubbles. "Hey you" he grinned, bending down to kiss her. "Hi! Join me?" She smirked and he didn't need to be asked twice. He made quick work of stripping out of his clothes before he slipped in the bath behind his wife, kissing her neck as his hands instinctively rested on her bump. "Did you have a good day?" She asked, sighing happily as she nestled against him. "I did, did you?" He asked. "Yep! Watched some movies, did some skincare and ordered some baby books" she grinned and jug let out a light chuckle. "I saw the groupchat" he said and Betty nodded. "It sounds fun" she said and he agreed. "I agree, I can't wait" he smiled. "Can you believe next Christmas we'll have a baby?" She whispered, turning her head to look back at him. "I know" he smiled, capturing her lips with his. "Now that... I can't wait for!" He grinned.