Chapter 28

Two hours. Two hours was how long jughead sat, not knowing what was happening to Betty or if she was okay. Reggie, Archie, Cheryl, Veronica, Josie, val and Kevin were all sat with him in the waiting room. Nobody talking. Josie and Val has gone to get them all coffee but jughead let his go cold in his hands while he prayed for his girlfriend to be okay.

His prayers were soon answered when a man walked out. "Elizabeth cooper?" He asked. "We're here for her!" Cheryl said as everyone shot up out of their seats. "Well..." the Doctor started, looking at his clipboard. "Shes lucky. She has concision and a broken wrist, also she got cut pretty badly on the side of her stomach which caused internal bleeding but we operated and she's okay. She should make a full recovery but we want to keep her under observation for a few days" he said and everyone breathed a sigh of relief. "She's very, very lucky" he nodded. "Can we see her?" Jughead asked, desperate she see if she's okay for himself. "Yes, I just need someone to sign some papers" the doctor said. "I'll do it, jughead can go and see her" Cheryl said and jughead flashed her a smile. "She's down the hall to the left, room 108" the doctor said and jughead was off.

The first thing he saw when he opened the door was Betty looking small in a hospital bed. She had cuts and bruises all over her skin and a cut on her head. She was asleep and she had an IV in her. Jughead pulled up a chair and sat next to her bedside. He took her hand in his and placed a kiss on her knuckles. "Oh baby... I'm here and I love you" he started speaking. "You scared me. When I heard what had happened it was like my heart stopped and I couldn't breath. You mean everything to me betty. I love you so much" he said, letting a tear fall down his cheek. He felt her hand squeeze his. "Betts?" He said standing up. Her eyes flickered open and blinked as she adjusted to the light; she was mumbling so jughead lifted the oxygen mask off her. "I..I love.. you too" she whispered. "You heard that?" He asked and she nodded. "W..water?" She croaked out and he quickly helped her to drink.

After the doctors checked Betty out, they were alone again. "Are Reggie and Archie Okay?" She asked and he nodded "everyone's fine, you took the impact" he sighed and sat next to her on the bed, lacing their fingers together. "How do you feel?" He asked. "Like i was in a car accident?" She smirked and he chucked "my whole body hurts" she sighed and he stroked her cheek. "What can I do?" He asked. "Just stay here with me" she said and he leaned down to kiss her.