Chapter 98

Betty was struggling. This lingerie shoot was taking everything out of her. For starters, the brand she was working with were demanding and rude, no matter how big the brand was, Betty didn't know how much more she could take. She had two more days left of the shoot but Betty still hadn't told jughead about how she hated it. "Betty. You're on in 5" Cheryl Said, walking into Betty's dressing room. "What? I'm not even dressed! They told me 20!" Betty said. "Oh? I just spoke to the shoot director and she said 5" Cheryl Said and Betty rushed to get ready.

After about an hour, Betty was having a break, where she went to the food table and grabbed a muffin and a latte. "Are you really having a muffin?" A voice said from behind Betty. She spun around and saw a woman who was working on the shoot, who worked for the brand. "Excuse me?" Betty asked. "I mean, you're already bigger than the other models we use" the model scoffed. "So were probably going to have to photoshop you, by having that muffin and god knows what else you will eat, you're making our job harder" she sneered. Betty just stood there, froze in shock. "I mean come on! I'm confused why you're even a model, you're awful" the woman added before walking away; leaving Betty stood there, tears in her eyes and her hands fisted at her side.

"I quit" Betty said, walking back into her dressing room and pulling her clothes on. "What!?" Veronica, Josie, Val and Cheryl said in union. "I quit!" Betty repeated, gathering all her things together. "Why?" Reggie asked. "Because I can't do this!" Betty yelled. "Betty you can't just quit this shoot, if took me ages to book this for you!" Cheryl Said, confused as to why Betty was quitting, she never quit a photoshoot. "I'm sorry. But I can't do this" Betty said, leaving the dressing room and leaving all her friends staring at the door in shock.

Jughead was at a cafe in New York when he got a phone call from Cheryl, explaining that Betty had quit her photoshoot and walked out. He was instantly concerned and left the cafe to head back to the apartment, trying to get in contact with Betty. She didn't pick her phone up straight away but after a few moments she sent him a text:

Betty: can't call right now. Just leaving the hotel for a flight. I'll see you at home.

Jughead frowned down at his phone. A million thoughts were running in his mind. Why did she leave her shoot? Why was she coming home? Was she okay? Why didn't she add any hearts or kisses on her text like she normally does? Luckily, his dad was asleep and jellybean was in her room doing work, so jughead Just sat on the couch, worrying and waiting for Betty. He decided to text Cheryl and the others, explaining what Betty had told him and they told him that they hadn't heard from her since she left the shoot, but they would be getting a flight back to New York that night.

A couple of hours later, jughead was in the kitchen when he heard a key in the door and the apartment door open. "Betty?" He called as he left the kitchen to see Betty walk through the door. "Hey..." he said. "Hi" she said. He could see her red eyes and knew she had been crying but didn't say anything. "Are you Okay?" He asked, stepping towards her, but she just shrugged. "Why are you home early betts? Why aren't you at the shoot?" He asked gently. "I quit" she told him, not saying anymore than that. Before jughead could say anything else, Betty grabbed her suitcase. "I'm tired. I'm going to go and have a nap" she said, walking into their room. Jughead couldn't let her shut him out, so he followed her. He stood in the door way, watching as she pulled her sweats on and climbed into bed. "I need you to tell me what's going on betts" he said softly, sitting next to her on the bed and placing a hand on her cheek. "I'm just tired juggie" she whispered. "I know you're lying" he said and watched as she wiped tears from her eyes. "Hey, What's this?" He asked, wiping the tears. "I don't want to talk about it" she sniffed and jughead could see the hurt in her eyes so her just pulled her closer to him and watched as she fell asleep.

"Hey Jug!" FP said when jughead made his way out of the bedroom that evening, seeing his dad and jellybean on the couch. "Hey" Jug said. "Was that Betty I heard come home earlier?" Jellybean asked and jughead nodded. "I thought she was coming back in a few days?" She asked and jug sighed. "She was supposed to. But Cheryl Said she quit the shoot and didn't tell anyone why and she isn't really speaking about it but she's upset and won't tell me why" jughead sighed. "Is she Okay?" FP asked. "I don't know" jughead replied, honestly. "I'm hoping she'll talk later after she wakes up" jug added. "Anyway, I'm going to make pasta for dinner" Jug said and made his way into the kitchen. After dinner was made and jughead set the table, they all sat down and Betty walked out the bedroom. "Hi" she said quietly. "Hey" everyone smiled. "I've made dinner betts" jug smiled. "I'm not hungry" Betty said and grabbed a bottle of water. "You need to eat something, you've been travelling all day" Jug reasoned with her. "I'm okay, I'm just going to head back to bed" she said. Once she had gone jughead sighed. "What was that about?" FP asked confused. "I have no idea" jug said. "But something is really wrong...".