Chapter 7

Over the next week jughead finalised all the information he needed to be Betty's personal photographer and he was all set to go. Betty's next shoot was in L.A, she was modelling swim suits on the beach, so of course jughead was going. Jughead met up with Betty and her crew on a rainy Monday morning in New York. They were in the VIP AirPort lounge it was 4am and their flight wasn't until 5am. "Hey Jug" Archie smiled when he spotted him. "Hey man" he said. "Hey" reggie said. The boys had spent some time together since jughead had started to work with them and they got along really well. "Hey jughead" Cheryl greeted. "Morning Cheryl where's the others?" He asked. "V, val and Josie are already in LA and Betty's on a phone call with her mother outside" she said. He nodded and sat with her and the boys.

About 10 minutes later they were all startled out of conversation by betty storming back into the room and walking over to a couch by the window, ignoring the others. "Is she Okay?" Jughead asked concerned. "Betty's mother... isn't the nicest woman" Cheryl sighed. "She was really hard on Betty growing up and still is... it's caused Betty to be very insecure and high anxiety, after talking to her mom she always feels a bit down she just needs some time" she added. The others fell back into easy conversation but jughead couldn't help looking at Betty; this was the first time he'd seen her look sad and not happy, and it made his heart hurt. He decided to get up and go and speak to her. He grabbed a hot chocolate from the machine and made his way over to her, sitting next to her. He handed her the hot chocolate and when she looked at him with question in her eyes he shrugged and said "it always make me feel better". She gave him a small smile and took a sip. "Thank you" she said. "It's okay" he said. She let out and sigh and turned to look at him. "Sorry about that. Taking to my mom normal makes me like that" she said, looking away embarrassed. Jug placed his hand over hers and she looked towards their hands and then his face. "Don't apologise, I get it. I have a whole load of family baggage" he smiled, she smiled back and he took his hand away, both sad about the loss of contact.

Eventually they had boarded the plane and had arrived in LA. Jughead was not prepared for the crowds of screaming fans, paparazzi and reporters that welcomed them when they got there. Reggie And Archie took Control, keeping Betty safe while the airport security tried to keep the crowds back. Cheryl and jughead just followed behind. When they got out and into a car that was waiting for them, Betty let out a sigh. "Does that always happen?" Jug asked. Betty nodded "Yep! Sorry probably should have warned you" she giggled. When they got to the hotel and we're all checked in they went up to their Rooms. They were all on the same floor but had their  own rooms. Betty's room was opposite jugheads. When jug walked into his room he was shocked, it was so fancy, he wasn't used to it. Suddenly there was a knock on his door. "Come in" he yelled and Betty stepped in with a smile in her face and denim dress on, with white sunglasses perched on her head. "Hi" she chirped. "Hey" he grinned. "To what do I owe the pleasure" he asked. "We have a few hours free do you want to grab lunch with me?" She said. "I'd be honoured" he said and they left his room.