Chapter 115

A couple of days later, as promised Betty and jughead were in the car, driving down to Toledo to visit his dad and sister. "You packed warm clothes didn't you?" Jug asked, glancing at her and then back to the road. "Because Toledo is cold" he added. "I did" she nodded. "Good, I don't want you getting sick" he smiled. "I brought some snacks, do you want some?" Betty asked, grabbing her bag from the back seat. Jughead laughed when he saw how many snacks she'd brought. Betty blushed. "I didn't know what you wanted" she shrugged and he reached for her hand, giving it a squeeze. "You're adorable" he quipped. "I'll just have a granola bar please" he smiled and she passed one over to him. "I know we've just been our honeymoon, but I'm excited to spend a few days away with your family" Betty smiled. "Me too betts" jug agreed. "Did you see you have an event on the night we come home?" Jug asked, turning to look at her. "Yeah" she sighed. "It will be busy but it's okay" she told him.

They continued driving for a couple of hours before Betty asked if they could stop. Jughead pulled up at a gas station, and Betty got out the car. Jug followed her, walking over to where she was pacing. "Hey... baby? You okay?" He asked. "Yeah, sorry. I just... being cooped up in the car makes me a little claustrophobic" she breathed. "It's okay" jug reassured her, taking her hands in his. "It's totally fine, we can take a break" he smiled, kissing her softly. "Why don't you head to the bathroom, and I'll grab us something to eat or drink?" He suggested and she nodded. Jughead was walking round the small store. He grabbed two bottles of water and was about to look at the snacks when Betty appeared beside him, holding onto his arm. "Hi" she smiled. "Hi" he grinned. "I was going to grab something to eat. Do you want something?" He asked but she shook her head. "I'm not that hungry, and if I am, I still have the snacks in the car" she told him. Jug could tell she was being truthful so he nodded and grabbed a sandwich for himself. Once he payed, they walked hand in hand back to the car. Jug held the door open for her, and she grinned and pecked his cheek. Once they were both in the car, and jug had eaten his sandwich, they were ready to go again. "You sure you're okay? We can wait a bit longer If you need more time?" He asked. "I'm okay juggie" she smiled, cupping his cheek and placing a kiss on his lip. "I just needed to stretch my legs, I'm good to go" she said. "Okay then... next stop Toledo" jug smiled.

Hours later, jughead and Betty pulled up at jugheads childhood home. They got out the car, and before they could even knock on the door, jellybean ran out and wrapped her brother up in a hug, then her sister in law. "I'm so happy you guys are here!" She squealed, excitedly. "We're glad to be here" Betty smiled. "Hi guys!" FP greeted, coming out of the house. "Hi dad" jug grinned, hugging his dad. "Hey darling" FP said, moving to hug Betty. "Hello FP, how are you?" Betty asked, sweetly. "I'm doing well darling" he smiled. "Now come on, let's head inside" he said. "You go ahead Betts, I'll get our bags" jug said to Betty. Once jughead had brought all their bags in and placed them in his childhood bedroom. It was around dinner time, so FP ordered them all a pizza and they were all sat talking and catching up. Jughead loved how Betty was comfortable with his family, and he Loved watching Betty and jellybean interact, Betty truly was like an older sister to jellybean. After a couple of hours, Betty and jughead were curled up on the couch, when jughead started to yawn. "You kids must be exhausted after that long drive, why don't you head to bed and get some rest?" FP suggested. "We can head out to breakfast tomorrow morning" he added. "Sounds good dad! Goodnight" jug said, standing up, pulling Betty with him. "Goodnight!" Betty called over her shoulder as jughead lead her upstairs.

That night, jughead was woken up by Betty's phone light. He let his eyes adjust to the dark, before turning to see Betty sat up, on her phone. "Betts? Are you okay?" He whispered. "I'm sorry, did I wake you?" She asked. "Nevermind that, what's wrong?" He Asked, sitting up. "I don't know, I just can't really sleep in new places" she shrugged, placing her phone down on the side. "Have you been to sleep at all?" He Asked and she shook her head. "No". "Baby, you need rest" he said, pulling her into his side and placing a kiss on her head. He was kicking himself for falling asleep before he made sure she was okay. "I'll be okay" she dismissed him. "We both know that you need sleep or you'll be anxious all day. I'm sorry I fell asleep without making sure you were okay" he said. "No, you were tired, it's okay juggie" she said. Before jughead could say anything else, Betty let out a big yawn and jug chuckled lightly. "Come on sweetheart, you need some sleep" he said, gently. He laid them down, making sure she was comfortable. She rolled onto her side, and he wrapped his arms around her, spooning her from behind. He placed soft kisses onto her neck and she smiled. "Comfortable?" He asked and she nodded, sleepily. "Good, sleep baby" he said. "Night night" she mumbled. "I love you" he said, closing his eyes and the last thing he heard before falling asleep was Betty's quiet "I love you too".