Chapter 141

In the weeks that followed the photoshoot, jughead had been really busy and the studio was starting to pick up business. Unfortunately for Betty, her morning sickness had been taking it out of her and she'd had to cancel a few meetings. "Jug" Betty said one morning as they were laying in bed. "I think we need to tell our friends" she said. "I know we said we were going to wait for the twelve week mark but they need to know incase I'm sick or whatever" she said and jug nodded. "I agree baby" he smiled. "You do?" She asked and he nodded. "Yeah, we'll tell them but tell them to be quiet about it because I want to surprise my dad and jellybean with it, at twelve weeks as we planned" he exclaimed. "I want that too" she smiled, kissing his lips. "You're nine weeks anyway so lot that long to go until we can tell them" he grinned, placing his hand over her still flat stomach. "It's hard now" he noted. "I know, I don't think it will be long until we can see a change" she said, placing her hand over his, still on her belly.

"Okay, are you sure about this?" Jughead asked for the hundredth time. They were in their apartment waiting for all their friends to arrive, they'd invited them over so they could announce their pregnancy. "Yes juggie" Betty giggled, wrapping her arms around his neck and kissing him. They were broken out of their kiss by the door. "I'll get it" she said and walked to the door. Sweetpea, fangs, Toni, Kevin, Cheryl, Veronica, Archie, Reggie, Josie and Val all piled into their apartment. "Thanks for Coming" Betty chirped as everyone greeted eachother and then sat down. "We love you guys...but why are we here?" Kevin teased and everyone laughed. "Oh god... we're not being fired are we?" Archie asked. "No! No, of course not" Betty reassured as her and jughead stood in front of all their friends. "Betts and I have something we want to tell you" jug smiled, his hand wrapping around bettys waist. "IM PREGNANT!" Betty squealed the same time jug yelled "WE'RE HAVING A BABY!". The whole room immediately burst into excited screams and congratulations as everyone rushed to hug the couple. "Oh my god B! A baby!" Kevin said, hugging Betty as he cried. "I know!" Betty cried. "I'm so happy for you guys!" Reggie beamed. "Awww! You two will make such cute babies!" Veronica squealed. "Congratulations" Cheryl said. "I can't believe it" Toni smiled. "You're glowing!" Joise and Val said to Betty, hugging her. "You're going to be a dad man!" Sweetpea grinned. "I know" jug smirked. "Congrats dude" fangs said. "I'm going to be the cool uncle!" Archie said and everyone laughed. "Okay, let's all sit" Betty said, not being able to wipe the smile from her face. "So.... how far along are you?" Kevin asked. "Only nine weeks" Betty started. "So still early days. We were recommend to wait until twelve weeks to tell people but I've had bad morning sickness and as you know had to cancel a few things, so we thought it was best to let you guys know" she added and everyone nodded. "That being said, only you guys know and will know until twelve weeks, that's when we're telling my dad and jelly, so please keep it to yourselves" jug explained and everyone agreed. "Of course we will" Toni said. "So, when are you going to tell the public?" Cheryl asked. "We haven't really thought about it" jughead shrugged. "Maybe when I'm properly showing and can't hide it anymore?" Betty suggested. "I want to keep it private for as long as possible" she said. Everyone was quiet for a few moments, still in a happy bubble until Kevin said "so do you have a picture of the baby?"

"That went so well" Betty grinned, relaxing in the bath, jughead behind her, running his fingers over her stomach; something he found himself doing ever since they found out she was pregnant. "It did, I'm so happy" he said. "Me too juggie" she said, picking his hand up and pressing a kiss to it. "Have you thought about how you want to tell your dad and jelly?" Betty asked him but he shook his head. "Not yet" he said. "That's okay, we still have a few more weeks" she smiled. "Are you going to tell polly?" Jug asked, carefully. Betty sighed. "No" she said. "I haven't spoken to her since that whole fiasco at the wedding venue and honestly I don't think I want too" she said. "I gave her a second chance and she ruined it, I have you and a family that actually supports me, I don't need her" she said and jughead kissed her shoulder. "That's right betts, I love you" he said. "I love you too".