Chapter 116

The next morning, everyone was getting ready to head to a local diner to have breakfast. When Betty was ready, she sat on the edge of the bed, wringing her fingers together. Jughead noticed her anxious state, and the way she was fiddling with her rings, something she did when she was feeling anxiety. "Baby? Talk to me" he said, squatting down in front of her, and smoothing out her hands. "How do you always know there's something wrong?" She asked, huffing. "I'm your husband, it's my job" he smirked. "Now tell me" he urged. "I'm just nervous... about breakfast" she said and jughead quirked an eyebrow. "Because, What if people recognise me, in New York it's different, people are used to seeing me" she told him. "I'm not going to say people won't recognise you, but it will be okay, I'll be there" he reassured her. "But what if~" she started but jughead cut her off. "It's a small diner betts, there won't be many people, no crowds. Now swarming fans" he said and she sighed, nodding. "Okay" she sighed. "Okay then, let's go" he smiled, leading her downstairs.

They arrived at the diner and ordered their food, and jughead was holding her hand under the table, rubbing small circles on her palm. "I can't believe you're here!" Jellybean grinned at Betty. "There's a celebrity sitting in my diner!" She squealed. "Shh jelly, keep it down a bit" jug shushed. "We don't want to draw a lot of attention, we want a quiet visit" he added and jellybean nodded. "Sorry, it's just exciting" she said. "It's okay" Betty smiled. "So, you're in jugs home town, have you ever taken jug to your home town" FP asked, changing the subject. "Yeah, I've been" jug said, and Betty looked down, reminded of the fact that the only reason jughead went back was because of her fathers death. "And where did you grow up?" Jellybean asked. "It's a small town called riverdale" Betty explained, telling them a bit about where she grew up, she didn't mention the bad times and her family, and was thankful nobody asked her. Their food arrived and they all had a nice time. Betty loved spending time with jugheads family, and enjoyed how welcome she felt in a normal family.

When breakfast was over, jellybean and FP headed back to the house and jughead took Betty around, showing her all the places he couldn't show her last time they were here after FPs accident. "So, were you mr popular?" Betty asked as they walked past his old high school. Jughead snorted, "no, I was a moody loner" he laughed and she giggled. "Well, I would still of loved you" she told him, grinning. "I don't think you would've" he joked. "Id love you no matter what" she smiled. Jug just smiled and jug laced their fingers together, continuing their walk. "Juggie?" Betty said after a few moments. "Yes baby?" He asked, looking down at her. "Thank you for giving me a family" she said, so quietly he almost didn't hear. Jug stopped and spun around so they were face to face. He looked down at his wife and saw the tears in her eyes. "I... my family was never like this, no nice family dinners, or laughing in the kitchen, it was rules and crying and shouted" she said, as some tears fell down her face. "Betty..." jug whispered. "I... you've given me love and everything I've ever wanted but I never knew how much I wanted a family until you let me into yours" she cried. "They're your family too know baby, they're your family" he told her, feeling an overwhelming sense of emotion Come over him as she collapsed into his chest. "Shh baby, I love you, I've got you" he said, rubbing his hands up and down her back. "I'm sorry I just..." she said, pulling away. "I get it baby" he smiled, wiping away her tears. "Sorry" she sniffed, smiling up at him. "I love you" was all jughead said. "I love you too" she said.

That evening, after a home cook meal from FP which Betty helped with, jellybean suggested that Betty join her for a girls night. "We can go up to my room!" Jellybean clapped and pulled Betty up. Betty looked over at jughead and he could see in her eyes how much she wanted to go, wanted to do something normal sisters would do. "I'm not stopping you" he laughed and watched as the girls ran up the stairs. Betty and jellybean spent the next couple of hours, talking and laughing. "I'm really glad your my sister" jellybean said, as Betty painted her nails. "Me too" Betty smiled. "You have a sister don't you?" Jelly asked and Betty nodded. "Are you close?" Jellybean asked and Betty sighed. "We used to be..." Betty said and jellybean nodded in understanding. "We used to always have nights like these.. I've missed them so I'm glad we're doing this" Betty smiled and was surprised when jellybean reached over and pulled Betty I'm for a tight hug, which Betty returned happily. When they pulled apart, they went back to doing their nails and then they did some facemasks and before they knew it, they were falling Asleep. When jughead went upstairs to head to bed a while later, he walked past jellybeans room and his heart warmed at the sight of his wife and sister, asleep. He walked over and covered them with a blanket, kissing Betty's cheek and leaving to go to his room.

At around 1am, jughead was stirred awake by Betty climbing into bed next to him. "I snuck out" she giggled, quietly. Jug grinned and opened his arms up for her to cuddle into him. "I'm glad, I missed you" he said, kissing her. "I missed you too, I love jelly, but you're my favourite cuddle buddy" she beamed. "You two seemed like you had a good time?" He asked and Betty nodded. "I did, it was nice you know? Me and polly used to always do stuff like that before she left" she told jug. "Well I'm glad you had a good time" he smiled. "Did you cover us with a blanket?" She asked and he nodded. "I couldn't have my girl getting cold" he smirked. "Well it's a good thing you're here now to warm me up" she giggled as he tightened his arms around her. "I'll always be here" he said. "Now let's get some sleep" he said and she nodded, rolling so her head was in his neck and the scent of him brought her comfort. She fell asleep, with jugheads fingers running through her hair, lulling her to sleep.