Chapter 138

"Pregnant?" Jug asked, he was shocked but he knew his wife would be freaking out so kept calm. "Yeah" Betty nodded, frantically. "Okay, okay. Shall we take a test?" He asked her and she nodded. "Come on then betts" he said softly, taking her hand as they went back into that bathroom. Jughead grabbed the pregnancy test and handed it to Betty. He sat on the edge of the bath as she took the test, and then just like last time, they sat and waited. "How are you feeling?" Jughead asked and Betty sighed. "I'm not sure. I'm not scared. Is that weird?" She asked and jughead shook his hand. "No baby, I'm not either" he said, squeezing her hand. "I really want this juggie, I know it's not exactly planned like we said" she said but jug interrupted her. "Wasn't it?" He laughed. "We haven't exactly been, being careful" he added and Betty giggled. "I know, this is all I've wanted since the last time, I just thought it would be extremely planned" she said. "The best things are never planned" he told her. They sat in silence for a couple more minutes until they stood up. "Ready?" He asked and Betty nodded, reaching for the test and flipping it over...

Negative

"Oh..." Betty said, the tears falling down her face. "It's okay baby" jug said, wrapping her up in his arms and rocking her back and fourth. "I...I was so sure juggie" she cried into his chest and jughead nodded. "I know" he said. After a few moments, Betty pulled away. "Come on, let's just head to bed yeah?" He said and Betty nodded, putting the test down and following jughead into the bedroom. When they were in bed, jughead pulled Betty close to him. "Maybe we should start trying for real?" He suggested. "And I mean proper trying, we just weren't being as careful as we normally were, but it's clear we both want this so why don't we just do it?" He said. "You're really sure?" Betty said, feeling the disappointment fade and excitement replace it. "One hundred percent baby" he grinned, pulling her into his arms and kissing her softly. "Then yes!" She beamed. "Let's make a baby!".

The next morning, jughead woke up before Betty and grinned when he remembered the events the night before. He kissed Betty's cheek as he carefully peeled himself from her and went to make coffee. When he was in the kitchen, he noted that it was 10am, they'd slept later than they normally do and he should probably start to wake Betty up, as they had meetings. He made himself a coffee and Betty a tea, before taking them back into the bedroom. "Wake up gorgeous" he said, placing the mugs down and kissing Betty. "Mmm juggie it's so early" she mumbled, pulling the covers over her. "It's 10am" he teased and laughed when Bettys eyes widened and she sat up. "Really?" She asked and he nodded. "We never sleep this long!" She said in surprise and thanked jughead when he handed her the tea. "I know, I must have worn you out last night" he smirked and Betty blushed and giggled. "As much as I'd love to stay in bed all day" jug started. "We have meetings in a couple of hours" he said and Betty groaned.

When Betty was done getting ready, she went into the bathroom to do her skincare. When she spotted the pregnancy test, still on the counter where they left it last night. She sighed and went to pick it up to put it in the bin when she noticed something. The test had changed. It now said...

POSITIVE

Betty gasped. It couldn't be could it? She grabbed her phone and googled it and it explained that sometimes the tests take a while to show the real result. "Oh my god..." she said. She stood there in disbelief until running out the bathroom and Almost crashing into jughead were he was standing in the bedroom. "Woah there baby, where's the fire?" Jug joked, steadying her. "Jug!" She said breathlessly. "Look!" She said and handed him the test, and she watched as her husbands eyes widened and a grin spread across his face. "Is this real?" He asked and Betty nodded. "H..how?" He asked. "Apparently sometimes tests need more than a few minutes" she explained. "You're pregnant?" He asked and Betty nodded, smiling. "We're pregnant" she said. "We're going to have a baby!" He yelled and swooped her off her feet, spinning her around as he kissed her as hard as he could. "I love you so much!" She giggled. "I love you too Elizabeth Jones!"