Chapter 71

"YES! "YES YES YES I'll marry you!" She squealed and leaped into his arms, making them both fall on the floor. Betty was giggling and he was grinning like an idiot as she kissed her all of his face and then placed one big kiss on his lips. "I love you! I love you! I love you!" She chanted. "I love you more than life it's self Betty cooper" he grinned and sat them up and hugged her tightly. "Soon to be Betty Jones" she smirked. "Betty Jones, I like the sound of that" he smiled. After a few more hugs and kisses, they got up off the floor. "Here let me put the ring on you" he said and grabbed the box. "Oh Juggie... it's perfect..." she smiled. "I know you don't like big flashy jewellery, I knew this was the one as soon as I saw it" he told her as he slipped it on her finger. "I love it" she smiled and couldn't keep her eyes off it. "And I love you" she said. "I love you too" she said. "Now... my fiancé" he smirked and she laughed. "Shall we celebrate our engagement in style?" He said sly and she nodded. He picked her up and moved them to the bed, attacking her with kisses, her laughs fills the room but were soon replaced with sounds of pleasure...

Later that evening, they were laying in bed, tangled up in each other and stealing kisses. "I'm so happy!" She said. "So unbelievably happy" she added. "Me too baby, you make me so happy" he said and ran his fingers through her hair. "So when shall we tell people?" He asked and she turned to face him. "Well we can tell all our friends and your family tomorrow but I want to keep it to ourselves and announce it ourselves when we want to... and I was think we should do our own engagement photos" she said. "I want you to take the photos, and we post them, I want it all on our terms" she added. "I think that's a great idea baby" he said softly. "Good" she smiled and kissed him softly. "So how about we order some late night room service before we get some sleep?" He suggested and she nodded.

The next morning Betty woke up the happiest she had ever been. "Morning fiancé" he smiled. "Good morning fiancé" she said and kissed him softly. "Cher text me saying she booked a private room in the hotel restaurant for breakfast with everyone, including your dad and jellybean and Toni, fangs and Sweetpea" Betty said as she looked at her phone. "Okay sounds good, so shall we tell people at breakfast?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah" she beamed. "Okay let's get up and ready or we'll never get out of this room" Betty smirked as she kissed his lips again before heading into the bathroom. When they were dressed and ready they made their way to breakfast, hand in hand. "Hey everyone" Betty smiled when they sat down, purposely keeping her hand under the table. A chorus of "hey" was echoed around the room as everyone greeted the couple. They all made conversation while eating and jughead turned to Betty. "Shall we tell them how?" He whispered. "Yeah" she smiled, and grabbed his hand.  "Erm Guys? Me and Betty have an announcement" Jug said, gaining everyones attention. "WE'RE ENGAGED!" Betty squealed excitedly and held up he hand where he ring was shining on her finger. The room was silent for a moment until everyone was up and cheering and hugging. "Oh my god! This is amazing!" Kevin smiled. "That ring is beautiful" Josie, Val and Veronica said together. "I'm so happy for you guys" Cheryl said. "This is amazing!" "Congrats!" Archie and Reggie said. "Jug! Why didn't you tell us?" "This is great!" "I'm so happy for you!" Toni, fangs and Sweetpea cheered. They hugged all their friends and then turned to FP and jellybean. "Is this what you and dad were whispering about yesterday?" Jelly smiled. "Yep" jug laughed. "You're going to be my sister! This is so exciting!" Jelly squealed and hugged Betty. "I know! It's Amazing!" Betty grinned. "Welcome to the family Betty" FP said and pulled her in for a hug. "Thank you" Betty said, her smile couldn't get any bigger. "I'm proud of you Jug" FP said. "Thanks dad" jug hugged his father. After everyone calmed down, they all sat back down. "So when are we booking an engagement shoot for the magazines?" Cheryl Said. "About that..." jug said. "We don't want one" Betty interrupted. "What?" Cheryl Said, confused. "We want to keep this for ourselves for a while so we can just enjoy it" Betty started. "But We're not having a shoot, jugs going to take the photos and we'll post them, announcing our engagement when we're ready" Betty said and everyone nodded. "So, this stays between the people on this table. Nobody can tell anyone!" Jug said, sternly. "Of course!" Everyone agreed.

Back up in their hotel room, Betty and jughead were packing their suitcase and getting ready to fly back to New York. "It was nice of you to let Toni, fangs and Sweetpea stay in your LA apartment for this week" jug smiled as he folded some clothes. "It was no problem, their visit got cut short last time because of everything with my dad.... and they love LA and I trust them so they can stay" she exclaimed. "What times our flight?" He asked. "7pm tonight" she said. It was currently 12pm. "Okay, So what shall we do until then?" He asked. "I don't mind" she said and wrapped her arms around his neck. "I'd like to just stay here with my fiancé" she smiled and he pecked her lips. "Mmm I love hearing that" he grinned. "Me too" she agreed. "I have something for you" he said and took something out of his bag. "What is this?" She said as he handed her a small box. "Open it" he said. She opened the box and there was a small silver chain in it. "What's this for?" She questioned. "For your ring, we're going to the airport and you'll be papped and when we go out and about at home, I thought you could keep your ring on it when it when we're in public so people don't start to question it and then we can tell people when we're ready" he explained. "Juggie... that's so sweet" she said softly and hugged him. "I love you" he said and kissed her head. "I love you too" she grinned.