Chapter 86

"This was a bad idea... why did I do this?!" "Should I cancel? I'll just call and cancel? Yeah I'll do that..." Betty panicked as she paced up, kevin and jughead watching her with worried eyes. "Stop" jughead said, getting up and placing his hands on her shoulders. "Calm down. Take a few deep breaths" he said and she did as he said. "It will be okay" he smiled. "Pollys coming here, to talk. Me and Kevin will be here the whole time and if you need to leave or you need her to leave, that's okay. We can do that Okay?" He said, softly. "Okay" she sighed. "You've got this betts" he said, running his hands up and down her back as he hugged her. They were broken out of their moment by a knock on the door. Betty tensed and stood up Straight. "I'll get it" Kevin said and went to answer the door. "It will be okay" jughead whispered to Betty. "Hi Betty" polly said when she walked in, Betty didn't say anything as she introduced herself to jughead. "Why don't you both sit on the couch?" Kevin suggested and jughead lead Betty to the couch and polly sat in the chair opposite. "Polly would you like a drink?" Jughead asked. "I'm okay, thank you" she smiled. "Betts?" Jug asked and Betty shook her head. "Okay, we'll be right over there Okay?" Jughead said and pointed to the dining table. Betty just nodded. "Love you" Jug whispered in her ear before kissing her temple and walking away with Kevin. "You have a lovely apartment" polly said, trying to break the ice. "Cut the crap polly... why are you here?" Betty said. "I... I missed you betty" polly whispered. "You left me!" Betty said, trying to keep her calm. "I... i had to get out of that town Betty, for me, for the twins" polly started to say. "Mom and dad, they wanted me to abort them, they would've sent them away!" Polly said. "I brought us an apartment! I was going to make sure we were safe, away from mom and dad!" Betty hissed. "I had to leave Betty! You wouldn't understand!" Polly said and that seemed to be Betty's breaking point as she stood up and towered over polly. "I wouldn't understand?!" Betty said menacingly. "You left me. With mom and dad. You don't know what that was like. All while I was wondering where the only Person I turned to had gone!" Betty said. "Betty... it was better for you that way~" polly said But was cut off by Betty. "BULLSHIT!" She screamed and Kevin and jughead rushed over. Jughead, wrapping his arms around betty and pulling her into the bedroom to calm down. "Shh betts, calm Down" he said softly and sat her down. "Can you believe her?!" Betty said, still seething. Her breathing was still a little fast for jugheads liking so he crouched in front of her and held her hands. "I know baby but try and stay calm, listen to everything she says and then you can say how you feel okay?" He said. "Okay" she said. "Now take some more breaths" he said and helped her to control her breathing. "Now let's get back out there" he said and helped her up.

"I know I made a mistake Betty" polly said. They had been talking for a while, calmly. "It's not that you left polly, I don't blame you. I'm hurt that you didn't tell me, or call, or even let me know you were okay. Why did you have cut me off completely?" Betty said, finally opening up to her sister and letting her tears fall. "Because I wanted you to get out of that town! I knew if I stayed or if you would've come with me, you would've dedicated your life to us. I wanted you to have a better life" polly sniffed, placing her Hand over Betty's. "And look, you have" she said, gesturing around them. "You're a world famous model Betty. An author. That's amazing. You never would've have had this life" polly added. "You know about my book?" Betty asked. "Of course! I keep up to date with you and I have a copy" polly smiled. "I know I hurt you and I'm so so sorry but I thought i was doing the right thing" polly sighed. Betty was silent for a moment until she sighed and held polly's hand. "I forgive you" Betty whispered. "You do?" Polly asked, looking at her sister, hopeful. "Yeah...I've missed you so much" Betty cried and wrapped her arms around her sister. "I've missed you too betty" polly cried into Betty's shoulder. For the first time in a long time Betty felt at peace.