Chapter 52

When Betty crawled into bed that evening, next to jughead, she let out a content sigh. "Today was a good day" she smiled. He turned so he was facing her and moved some hair from her face. "It was" he grinned. "I am exhausted though" she blurted out and he laughed at her. "Get some rest then honey" he chuckled at her and watched as she settled herself further into the bed got comfortable. When she was done she reached out her arms for him. "Okay you can spoon me now" she beamed at him and he burst out laughing. "So bossy" he smirked as his arms came around her. "Yeah but you love me" she mumbled sleepily. "I do" he said and kissed her temple.

When jughead woke up the next morning, he was alone but he heard voices coming from downstairs. He made his way to the stairs and looked over the railings. He saw Betty making breakfast and her and Toni were singing to some song and fangs and Sweetpea were sat at the table laughing at them. He grinned to himself; thankful for Betty and his friends. "Good morning guys" he greeted and laughed as Betty sang into a spatula, pretending it was a microphone. "Juggie!" She beamed when she saw him and jumped into his arms. "You're in a good mood this morning" he said after kissing her hello. "I'm happy" she chirped, and skipped back to cook the pancakes. He just smiled and went to sit with the boys at the table. "Get ready for Betty's pancakes! They're amazing" jug told them.

After breakfast, and everyone was dressed they decided that they would go and explore LA. "Is there anywhere you wanna see?" Jug asked his friends. "Nope, we don't mind" Sweetpea said as they walked down the street. "Oh! There's a really nice Ice-cream place, we should definitely go there!" Betty exclaimed with a smile. Jug grinned at her and laced their fingers together "you don't need to convince me when ice creams Involved" he chuckled. They made their way to the ice cream parlour and waited in line to grab their ice creams then took them and sat on the beach. They were just chatting and eating, Betty got some ice cream on her nose and jughead was staring at her "what?" She giggled. "You've got something on your face" he smirked then kissed her nose, licking off the ice cream and making her blush and burry her head in his chest. "God, you've gone soft" Toni laughed. "Yeah Betty you've turned him into a sap" fangs added and Betty smirked.

After a while Betty excused herself to go back to the apartment so she could work on her book. Jughead and the others went shopping and stopped off for lunch before making their way back to Betty's apartment. They were all laughing at something Sweetpea had said when they walked through the door. But the laugher died on their lips when they saw Betty. She was sat on the floor. Her phone next to her. And she was sobbing. Screaming into her hands....