Chapter 85

When Betty woke up the next morning she felt the throbbing pain in her head, from all her tears the day before. Sighing, she rolled over to reach for jughead but was met with empty sheets; she frowned and sat up. He wasn't in bed. She got up and pulled on a hoodie and went to find him. She stopped short when she walked into the kitchen and saw jughead and Kevin, drinking coffee. "Betts! Hi!" Kevin smiled when he spotted her walk in. "Hey..." she said, still confused. "Why are you here?" She asked him. "He stopped over last night, it was too late for him to go home" jughead said, coming up to her and wrapping an arm around her waist. "How do you feel this morning?" He asked her softly and she just shrugged and moved away from his and made herself some cereal. "Babe... you need to talk to us, don't shut us out" jug sighed. "I'm just having breakfast!" She snapped and the boys shared a look with each other; it was going to be a long day.

After breakfast, Betty still wouldn't really talk to them and she excused herself into the bedroom. "I think we should Just go into there and talk to her, I won't let her shut us out, not again" jughead said to Kevin as they were trying to figure out what to do next. "I agree, come on" Kevin said. They knocked on the door and then let themselves in. Betty was sat on the bed, just staring into space and fiddling with polly's business card. "Betts? Please can we talk?" Jughead asked, gently and she nodded. Jughead and Kevin sat down on the bed opposite her and waited until she was ready to talk. "I'm just confused..." she started. "Like why now? Why did she now finally want to talk to me?" She cried, as tears were falling. "I... I missed her so so so much! I looked for her for almost two Years and it almost broke me! Why does she just get to chose when to be in my life?!" She demanded. "B. I was with you, I know how much you were hurting when she left and I know you're confused and angry and sad and that's all okay" Kevin said. "But maybe, talking to her and getting some answers will help you?" Kevin added and Betty just looked at him confused. "I agree betts. You're allowed to feel however you feel right now, it's normal. I know you feel betrayed but maybe you should call her?" Jug said and that's when Betty flipped. "No! No no no no no! How can you both say that to me?!" She asked frantically, standing up and pacing around. "You don't get it! Neither of you understand what it was like for me!" She cried. "Woah betts. We just think you should talk to her" jughead Said, trying to calm her down. "WHOS SIDE ARE YOU ON?" She yelled. "Yours! Always yours!" Jughead said honesty as he watched the girl his love break down. "Betty. We love you. We are on your side and that's why we think you should do this" Kevin said, trying to reassure her. "I... I don't know" she cried and jughead pulled her into him, letting her cry into his chest while he stroked her hair. "It's okay, you don't have to know right now" he told her.

By lunchtime, Betty was all cried out and she decided to head down to the gym to clear her head and pound her emotions out. "Do you think she will call polly?" Kevin asked jughead, as they prepared lunch for the three of them. "I do... she knows deep down that she needs to" jughead said, honestly. "I just hope she gets closure" Kevin Sighed. "What were they like?" Jughead asked. "The only thing Betty's never really told me about was polly, I know about her leaving and the twins but not the happy times" he added as they sat at the table. "They were best friends. Attached at the hip" Kevin started to explain. "Their home life was hard so it was always them two against the world. Polly was Betty's support system and even though her parents weren't happy, when polly announced she was pregnant, Betty was so excited because he felt that polly had her own little family... Their own little family where they could break away from their parents" Kevin said. "She dragged me around shopping for the baby and Betty was so so so excited when she found out Polly was having twins. She helped Polly, went to all the appointments, got a job at pops to make sure they had money and was in the room when polly gave birth" Kevin sighed. "Betty loved them. They were in hospital for a couple of days and Betty had saved enough money along with their life savings to buy them a small apartment, she went to set up to take them home and when she went back to the hospital to pick them up, they were gone with a note saying sorry" Kevin exclaimed. "Oh my god.." Jughead said, tearing up, he hated listening to how much Betty was hurt by her sister leaving. "Betty was never the same again after that..." Kevin said. "She was a shell of herself, polly took a part of Betty with her when she left..."

"Baby, I'm just heading into the shower Okay" jughead yelled from the bedroom as she was sat on the couch. "Okay!" She said back. She waited until she heard the shower running and then pulled out the small card that had been in her pocket all day. She sighed and grabbed her phone, dialling the number and waited for the person to pick up.

"Hey polly..."