Chapter 139

For the rest of the day, Betty and jughead were on cloud nine. "Why are you guys so smiley?" Kevin asked when they were in the meeting. "Yeah I don't think I've ever seen jug smile so much" Veronica joked. "We're just happy" Betty shrugged. They'd both agreed to keep the pregnancy to themselves for a while and had booked a doctors appointment for the next day so they check everything is okay. "So, shall we start?" Cheryl said and everyone turned to look at her. After the meeting ended, jughead went to the bathroom and Sweetpea spoke up. "So, as we all know, jugheads birthday is this weekend and I was thinking we could throw him a party?" Sweetpea said and Betty squealed and clapped her hands. "Yes! I was thinking the same!" She agreed. "He wouldn't want anything big so how about we throw a surprise party at our place?" Betty said and everyone agreed. "We'll text more about it" Kevin said and everyone nodded, and then jughead walked back in so they changed the subject.

When they got back to their apartment, Betty couldn't help but let out a squeal and hug jughead. "I'm so exited babe!" She said. "Me too" he laughed, pecking her lips. They were broken out of their kiss by Betty's phone buzzing. "Give me a second" she said to jug, kissing him, before answering the phone. Jughead busied himself by making them both hot chocolate until Betty was done. "Okay, that's Perfect" Betty said into the phone. "Thank you! See you then!" She said and then hung up the phone. "Who was that?" Jug asked, handing her the mug. "My doctor, they said they had a cancellation and can see us today" she explained and jug smiled. "Can't wait" he said. After they both freshened up, they hopped in jugheads car and jughead drove them to Betty's appointment. "Hi, I have an appointment for elizabeth Cooper" Betty smiled at the receptionist. "Sure! Just fill these out and then the doctor will call you soon" the receptionist smiled and handed Betty a clip board. Betty and jughead sat down, as Betty filled out all the necessary forms and before they knew it they were being called in...

"Hi, I'm doctor brown" a nice lady introduced. "It's lovely to meet you I'm Betty and this is my husband jughead" Betty smiled. "Hi" jug smiled, shaking the doctors hand. "It's nice to meet you both too" doctor brown said. "Please take a seat" she said, and they did just that. "So you think you're pregnant?" She asked and Betty nodded, explaining the pregnancy test and how she had been feeling recently. "Okay, I'm just going to take some blood and then we can do a quick ultrasound" doctor brown said and Betty nodded. "You okay?" Jug whispered as doctor brown took some blood. "Yeah" Betty nodded, squeezing his hand. "Okay Betty, if you don't mind, can you lay down and we'll do an ultrasound" the doctor said and Betty climbed onto the bed, jughead standing next to her, holding her hand. "Okay this might be cold" the doctor warned, lifting Betty's shirt up and placing some gel on there; both the Doctor and jughead laughing when Betty shuddered. "Okay.." doctor brown said, feeling around. "Ah! There's your baby... you're definitely pregnant congratulations!" She beamed and both jughead and Betty were staring at the screen with a small blob on, in awe. "Oh my god..." jug said. "That's our baby juggie!" Betty said, tears falling down her face. "Don't cry baby" jug laughed, kissing her. "I'm so happy" she cried. "Is everything looking okay?" Jughead asked, turning back to the doctor. "The baby looks healthy and everything looks good" doctor brown smiled. "And Betty?" Jug Asked. "Also healthy" she said and jughead felt relief flood through him. "No abnormalities and everything looks great" she added. "Do you know how far along I am?" Betty Asked. "You look to be about four weeks" doctor brown said. "A month?" Betty asked in shock. "How didn't I know?" Betty said and doctor brown laughed. "Most people don't" she said. "Would you like some pictures?" She asked and the couple nodded. She left the room to print them off, and jug helped Betty clean up, before pulling her into his arms. "This is really happening" she smiled. "It is, I'm so happy" he grinned.

"Okay, everything seems good but with all pregnancies we have to be careful, so here's a booklet that will help you out on the dos and donts" doctor brown smiled. "Thank you" jug said, taking it. "Also, for the first twelve weeks, is possible to suffer a miscarriage so normally people wait to announce it then, but that's your choice" she said and Betty nodded, instinctively, having her hand cover her stomach. "I'll see you for your next appointment at twelve weeks but don't hesitate to call if you have any worries" doctor brown smiled, leading them out the room. "Thank you so much" Betty said, gratefully. "Thank you" jug said. "You're welcome! And congratulations again" doctor brown said before Betty and jughead left. Back in the car, both of them were grinning wide. "A baby... we're having a baby" Betty said. "We're going to be parents" jug smiled, kissing her softly. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" she said. Betty looked down at the small photo she was holding. "And I love our baby".