Chapter 129

That night, Betty was getting out the shower in their bathroom when jughead walked in. "Thank you for talking to jelly" he said, wrapping his arms around her towel clad body, as she applied her skincare. "You're welcome, I know a thing or two about unstable mothers" Betty said, turning in his arms and wrapping her arms around his neck, and pecking his lips. "I know you do, and I appreciate how you're helping her through this, and me and dad" he smiled down at her. "I'd do anything for you juggie" she whispered, staring into his eyes. "I'd do anything for you too" he said, capturing her lips with his. When they pulled away, jughead let Betty finished getting ready for bed, and got into bed. He watched as Betty put on her pyjamas and brushed her hair, before climbing right in next to her. "Are you tired?" He asked and she nodded, settling down. "Why? Are you not?" She asked, turning to look at him. "I have some energy for other things..." he said, seductively, and smirked when Betty almost tackled him as she kissed him hard...

The sun shining through the windows woke Betty up the next morning. She stretched and sighed happily when she remembered the events from the night before. Jugheads arm was wrapped around Betty's waist, and Betty rolled over and placed kisses all over jugheads face until he stirred awake. "Mmm morning gorgeous" jug said, sleepily. He opened his eyes and grinned when he saw his naked wife smiling at him. "Good morning" Betty smiled. "How you feeling?" Jughead asked her, pulling her even closer to him. "Content" Betty grinned and jughead laughed. "What about you?" She asked. "I feel pretty good right now, especially after last night" he smirked. "But... we'll have to see how today goes" he added and Betty nodded, becoming serious for a moment. "I know it's going to be hard, but this could be the closure you all need" she exclaimed. "I know, I just wasn't expecting it to happen right now" he sighed. "And it couldn't have happened at a worse time..." he said, looking at Betty. "We...we were supposed to use these days as a distraction" he said. "Don't worry about it" Betty shrugged him off. "Baby, just because all of this is happening, doesn't mean I'm not worrying about you and still sad" he said. "I know" Betty sighed. "You can still feel how you feel betts, don't worry about what else is happening" he told her. "And if you do need some time alone, you tell me okay?" He asked. "Juggie, no matter how I feel right now, nothing's going to keep me from being here for you" she said.

After everyone was awake, they spoke and decided that jughead was going to call Gladys and invite her round so they could all talk; so they all got dressed and did just that. When they were ready, jellybean, FP and jughead were sat on the couch, and they left the chair for Gladys. When the door buzzed, they all snapped her head in that direction. "You guys ready?" Betty asked and they all nodded. "Okay" she said and opened the door. "Gladys" Betty said in greeting, letting her in. "Thanks for having me over" Gladys said, not looking away from the people sat on the couch. "It's my pleasure... please refrain from slapping me this time or I'll show you what it's really like to hit someone" Betty said with a sickly sweet smile on her face as she shut the door; over on the couch they three of them tried to keep their laughter in and jug smirked at Betty, god he loved her. "Take a seat" jug said and gestured to the chair. "Would you like a drink?" Betty asked as Gladys sat down. "No thank you" she said and Betty nodded, moving to sit on the arm of the couch, next to jughead. "So... shall we talk?" FP said, taking in his ex wife.

"God... jellybean, my little girls all grown up" Gladys said, looking over at her youngest. "Yeah that's kind of what happens... time passes, people grow up..." jellybean said, sarcasm dripping from her tone. "But you wouldn't know that because you haven't been here!" She said and Gladys looked taken back, but quickly recovered. "I know but I'm here now!" Gladys said. "Oh yes... but please do tell us about you disappearing act, jughead said you cheated?" FP said. "I..yes... I met someone and he got me into drugs and all sorts and I~" Gladys started but jughead interrupted her. "Did you love him?" He asked. "Yes.." Gladys admitted. "When did you and him finish?" Jug asked. "We were on and off but we officially ended a few months ago" Gladys said and jughead scoffed. "So what? Your boyfriend left you and then you remembered the family you left behind?" He snarled. "No! No... I missed you" she said. "If you missed us, you could have called, or visited" jellybean rolled her eyes. "What I can't understand Gladys..." FP spoke up. "Is why you left your children, our marriage was never going to work out, we were already on our way to a divorce" he started. "We could have split up and you could have seen other people, but still been in contact with your kids, but you didn't do that and you left them without a mother... so I want to know why?" He asked but Gladys just sat there silent, she didn't have an answer. "Can I say something?" Betty spoke up quietly, everyone's eyes snapping to her. "I have one question for you Gladys..." Betty started, standing up and facing her husbands mother. "Do you love your children?" She asked and Gladys scoffed. "Of course I do, how could you even ask me that?!" Gladys snapped, standing up to face Betty. "Did you love your ex?" Betty asked. "Yes..." Gladys said, confused. "Which one did you love more?" Betty asked. "My kids...obviously" Gladys scoffed. "See, I think you're lying" Betty said, taking a step forward. "Because if you love them as much as you're saying, then you for sure would never have left them, and I don't have any experience in motherly love, but I know for Damn sure that I love your son more than anything else, do you love your kids more than anything?" Betty asked, her eyes dark and Gladys nodded, slightly moving back. "Well that's bullshit!" Betty snapped. "Because if you're capable of feeling even half the love I do for jughead and your daughter, it's impossible to leave them!".