Chapter 55

The next few days that followed were a blur for Betty. Jughead had told Cheryl, Kevin and her other friends about her dad and Betty decided she wanted to leave LA and go home to New York. She felt awful that they were hosting Toni, fangs and Sweetpea but Betty needed to be at home. The day they were flying back to New York Betty was packing the rest of her stuff in her suitcase when jughead came up behind her. "Hey you" he whispered in her ear. "Hey" she said and kissed him softly. "Are you almost ready?" He asked and she nodded "I booked an Uber it will be here to take us to the airport" he said and she nodded "Okay". "I feel so bad for the others, they were having a nice time here" she said and looked down. "Hey" he said and lifted her chin so she would look at him. "Baby. You're going through a lot right now, everyone understands okay? Just worry about yourself honey" he said gently. "Now come on let's make sure we haven't left anything" he said and grabbed her suitcase.

At the airport, Betty had managed to get through security without any paparazzi and they all made it to the VIP lounge. "Wow this is so cool!" Sweetpea said when they all sat down. "Yeah! I could get used to this" fangs said and took some of the complimentary cookies. "Just wait til we get on the private jet" jug smirked at them. "How you doing girl?" Toni said, moving to sit with Betty while the boys chatted. "I'm okay. I just want to get home" Betty said and Toni nodded in understanding. "I'm sorry for cutting your trip short" Betty apologised. "Don't worry, we had an amazing time! And when things start looking up for you, maybe we could come back?" Toni said and Betty Smiled and hugged her new friend "I'd really like that". After a while Betty put her headphones on and started typing some more of her book on her laptop. She didn't know how much time passed but soon the plane was ready for them and they were able to board. Betty settled next to jughead and rested her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes while the others were all talking. The last things she remembered before falling asleep was jughead kissing her head.

By the time they were back at their apartment Betty was exhausted. "You should get some sleep baby" jug said as he unpacked their cases. "I don't want to sleep yet or I'll never fall asleep later" she told him. "Well... what shall we do?" He asked. "I have no idea.   I know that Cheryl said she wanted a quick meeting later to decide what's going to happen with work in the next couple of weeks so maybe we could grab some lunch and then go to the office?" She said and he nodded. "Sounds like a plan betts" he said. They decided to just order a pizza so they didn't have to go out and they sat on the Couch watching old re runs of friends. "Has your mom told you anymore about the funeral dates?" Jug asked and Betty shook her head. "No" she sighed. "I emailed her earlier and she said she was meeting with the funeral people today and she'll let me know after" Betty added. "You haven't really spoken about it? Are you going to go on your own?" He asked and she turned fully to look at him. "No... erm actually I was going to ask if you would come with me?" She asked unsure. Jug smiled at her and pulled her towards him, holding her hands. "Of course I will be there to support you if that's what you want" he started. "I wasn't sure if it was something you wanted to do on your own" he said. "No. I really want you there, I don't think I could do it without you juggie.... you keep me sane".