Chapter 51

The day of the pool party was finally here. Betty had wrapped up her work commitments the night before and she was ready for the party. "Hey baby" jug said, coming in the bedroom, where she was getting ready at her vanity. "Hey" she smiled. "I'm going to pick Toni, fangs and Sweetpea up from the airport" he said and she nodded "Okay! Do you want me to come with?" She said and he shook her head "don't worry baby I know you don't want to run into any press at the airport" he said. "I know but I can come if you want" she said. "Baby it's fine" he smiled and kissed her softly. "I'll see you in a bit! Love you" he said as he left "love you more!" She called after him.

By the time jug got back with his friends, Betty was ready and was setting up for the party. "We're here!" Jug said and Betty came in from where she was outside. "Hi!" She smiled and went to greet Everyone. After she hugged everyone she showed everyone around. "Wow this is amazing" Toni said in awe as they looked at the pool. "Thank you! Let me show you to your rooms" she smiled. She showed them all their room. "Thanks for having us" fangs smiled "Yeah it was really kind of you to do this" Sweetpea said. "It was nothing! I'm so happy you're all here" she smiled. "Now put on your swim suits and meet us downstairs" Betty chirped and left them to unpack. When she got downstairs jughead wrapped her up in his arms "you're the best person I know Elizabeth cooper" he whispered in her ear. Betty blushed and smile, looking up at him. "The same goes to you my love" she said and pulled his face down and softly kissed his lips. "Now we have guests" she grinned and pulled him outside.

Later on, Betty's friends arrived and after everyone got introduced they began the party. Reggie, Archie, fangs and Sweetpea were playing volleyball in the pool. Kevin, Toni, Veronica, Cheryl, Val and Josie were sunbathing and chatting and Betty and jughead were doing the BBQ. "I'm so happy they're all getting along" Betty smiled as she looked over at everyone. "Me too baby" he said and pecked her lips. "The food won't be done yet so why don't we join them?" He said and she nodded but before she could do anything jughead picked her up and ran with her, ignoring her squealing, he laughed as he chucked her in the pool. "JUGHEAD JONES!" She yelled when she resurfaced but the smile on her face didn't fade. "Yes betts?" He smirked. "Help me out!" She said and reached her hand on, when he grasped it; she giggled and pulled him in. "Karma" she laughed when he came back up. "You're gonna get it!" He smirked and swam after her. She laughed and swam away, using Reggie and Sweetpea to hide behind. "You won't get past these two juggie" she giggled and the sound was music to his ears.

When the party was over, and all Betty's friends left, Betty went to clear up the last bits of the party that was left outside. "Hey B" Toni smiled and came to help her. "Hi! Did you have fun today?" Betty asked the pink haired girl. "So much fun! Thank you so much for having us over" Toni said. "You're welcome" Betty smiled. "I really appreciate it betty..." Toni said, seriously. "I've only ever had fangs, jughead and Sweetpea, and the same for them and now we have you and all your friends and I'm so grateful" she said, tearing up. "Oh Toni.." Betty sighed and hugged her tightly. "Friends are the family we get to choose" Betty said when she pulled away, then she smiled and said "welcome to our family".