Chapter 56

Jughead felt awful about everything that Betty was going through and wanted to cheer her up but he also knew she needed her own time and space to grieve how she needs too. So in the week following Hal's passing, he would do all the little things to try and cheer her up. He'd make her breakfast in bed, and run her nice baths and buy her flowers and her favourite snacks, and cuddle on the couch with her. Betty was really appreciative for everything he was doing and she couldn't wish for a better boyfriend.

Betty was most grateful for jughead on the day before Hal's funeral. Betty was sat on the end of the bed in jugheads hoodie while jug packed their bags. Alice had told Betty about the dates and arrangements for the funeral and Betty and jughead were travelling down to Betty's home town of riverdale that afternoon. Alice offered to let them stay in Betty's childhood home with her but Betty felt it was best if they stayed in a hotel. "Betts?" Jug said, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Sorry what?" She said. "I asked what dress you were wearing?" He said. "Oh" she said and stood up, looking at all her options. She raked her hand across a black mid-length lace dress. "I think this one" she said. "I think it's beautiful" Jug said softly, wrapping his arms around her from behind. "I know this is going to be hard Baby. I just want you too know how brave I think you are and you're so strong" he whispered in her ear and she turned in his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck, hugging him tightly. "Thank you juggie" she whispered.

Eventually they were on the road and on their way to riverdale. Betty had a car in storage she didn't use so jughead was driving that. "I'm so hungry" Betty moaned after about an hour and jughead chuckled. "You packed snacks" jug pointed out. "They're too healthy! I want nuggets! Can we stop at McDonald's?" She asked and looked at him with big hopeful eyes. "Sure we can betts" he grinned and they drove until they came to a McDonalds and jug pulled into the Drive-Thru. "Hey there can I get two cheese burgers and fries and nuggets and fries?" Jug asked. "Will that be all?" The man said. "Yes thank you" Jug said and they moved to the next window. "Two cheeseburgers juggie?" Betty teased and he nodded. "What? I'm hungry" he smirked.