Chapter 126

During their lunch, jughead noticed Betty's mood had dropped but didn't say anything, instead he placed his hand on her leg and rubbed it gently, silently letting her know that he was there for her. A small smile made its way onto his face when she squeezed his hand. As they were about to pay and leave the restaurant, Kevin's phone buzzed. He looked at it, and then looked up. "That's Cheryl, she said there's a last minute event that you have to go" he said and Betty groaned. "What is it?" She asked. "It's a fashion event, fashion weeks coming up so there's a lot of people in New York, they're all going to be at this event" Kevin explained, reading the information that Cheryl had sent him. "Great" Betty sighed. "It will be fine, you just haven't done an event in a while" jughead reassured her. "Come on then, we better get going" Betty said.

Val, Josie and Veronica we're currently in Betty and jugheads apartment, getting Betty ready. "B! I have just seen your outfit that Veronica has! It's amazing!" Kevin said, walking into the room. "Thanks Kev" Betty smiled. Veronica had chosen a white dress with yellow flowers on and a denim jacket. "Okay! And we're done!" Josie chirped and she and Val stepped away from Betty. Her makeup was natural and glowy and her hair was in loose curls. "Thanks ladies" Betty said, as she gave them both a hug. "You're welcome! Now we have to run we have dates!" Val giggled as they hugged everyone goodbye and left the apartment. "Okay let's get you dressed" Veronica said, and lead Betty into the bedroom. When the girls were gone, Reggie and Archie arrived, ready to escort Betty to the event. "Hey guys" jug greeted when he opened the door. "Hey!" The boys said. "Before Betty comes back out, she was a bit sad today, she hasn't told me why yet, but I can only assume it's about what's happened in the last week" jughead started. "So can you just keep an eye on her?" He asked. "Of course bro" reggie nodded. "Yeah! We've got her" Archie agreed. "Thank you" jug said, gratefully. Just then, Betty and Veronica came out of the bedroom, and Betty grabbed her bag ready to leave. "You look beautiful baby" jug smiled, pulling her in for a quick kiss. "Thanks juggie" she said when they pulled away. "I'll see you later" she said, kissing his cheek before leaving with Archie and reggie.

Betty had been at the event for a few hours and she'd already had enough, but she smiled and was polite as people came and spoke to her. She was grateful for the opportunity to talk to people about her new book but as always, there was a few people who always annoyed Betty. "I swear if one more person asks why I'm not modelling anymore, I'm going to throw my drink over them!" Betty complained as she walked over to Reggie and Archie. "How many people have asked?" Archie laughed. "Like ten! And all of them were men!" She rolled her eyes and the boys tensed. "Do we need to have a word?" Reggie asked, his eyes scanning the room. "No" Betty sighed. "I'm going to finish this drink and then say goodbye so we can leave" she said and the boys nodded. "So..." Archie said and Betty looked up at him. "Jughead starting up a business is pretty exciting" he said and Betty nodded. "Yeah, he deserves it, he needs his own place" she smiled. "I love that we have more projects going on now" Reggie said. "I mean don't get my wrong I love my job, but a change of scenery is nice" he added and Betty laughed. "I know... speaking of, let me say goodbye so we can get out of here" she smiled, And stood up for bid her goodbyes.

By the time Betty got home it was 12am and she was quiet as she went to the bathroom, incase jughead was asleep but a small smile made it's way onto her face when she got into the bedroom and saw he was sat up on his phone. "Hey you" he said when he saw her and grinned when he saw she was only in his shirt and her makeup was off, ready for bed. "Hi juggie" she yawned, getting to bed and instantly clinging to him. "How was it?" He asked, putting his phone down and rolling them so they were face to face. Betty looked at him and flashed him a cheeky smirk. "Honestly it was so boring" she giggled and he laughed, kissing her softly. "It was just a bunch of boring people and I was dying to be back here with you within five minutes" she told him and he grinned. "Well I've been wanting you in my arms since you left" he admitted and she cuddled closer to him. "Can I ask you something?" He said seriously, after a few moments and she nodded. "Earlier... at the restaurant, what happened? Why did you get so sad all of a sudden" he asked and Betty sighed. "I..i saw a mom with a little girl, and I don't know it made my heart hurt juggie" she told him and jughead felt his own heart break. "Oh baby..." he said and hugged her tight. "I.. it's all I can think of but I know we never planned it anyway" she said and jug nodded. "I know betts, I feel the same" he said, Betty didn't say anything and just held her as they both fell asleep...

The next morning, jughead woke up before Betty and got out of bed to make breakfast for them. As he was cooking the waffles, he heard footsteps and turned around just in time to watch Betty sleepily shuffle out of their room. "Good morning baby" he smiled, as she wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her head in his chest. "Morning" she mumbled and jughead kissed her head. "Are you hungry?" He asked and she nodded. "Good! I'm cooking waffles, why don't you take a seat at the counter?" He asked and Betty did just that and sat down. "I was thinking..." Betty started and jughead looked at her and smirked. "That's dangerous" he teased and Betty playfully rolled her eyes at him. "We should have a date day today" she said. "We both have a free day and I think we could both use a day to ourselves, having fun and taking our mind off everything" she suggested. "I think that's an amazing idea mrs Jones" jug grinned, placing two plates in front of them. "Really?" Betty smiled and jug nodded. "Really!" He grinned and leaned over the counter to kiss her; suddenly a knock on the door pulled them out of their moment and jughead pulled away and looked quizzically at Betty who just shrugged and took a bite of her waffles. "Hold than thought" he smiled, pecking her forehead before heading to the door. However the smile he was sporting fell from his face when he saw who was on the other side...

"Mom?!"