Chapter 70

The launch was being held in an event room and it was full of people, friends, colleagues and people who work in the publishing and book industry; not forgetting the press. Betty's Book was on every table and the room was decorated with pink and gold banners, like the colours of her book. "It looks amazing!" Kevin praised when they all Walked in. "Thank you! I hired the best event planner" Cheryl said. "Thank you Cher" Betty smiled and hugged her friend. "Okay reg and arch, you don't have to be my security for this, we have other building security so go and have a good time" Betty smiled and hugged them both. "Thanks betts, let us know if you need anything" Reggie said. "Okay Betty, you have to go and talk to a few interviewers for a little while, Kevin can go with you as he's your publisher" Cheryl said and Betty nodded. "I'll be back in a bit" Betty said to jughead and kissed his cheek. While Betty was gone, jughead went to find his dad and sister. He of course found them by the food. "Hey guys" he greeted when he walked over to them. "Hey Jug" "hey" they said. "So how do you like this?" Jug said and gestured around the room. "It's so cool! I can't believe you live a life like this!" Jellybean said. "Yeah, it is pretty crazy" jug laughed. "So Where's Betty?" FP asked. "She's just doing some interviews" Jughead told them. "So when are you going to ask Betty... you know?" FP whispered. "Dad!" Jug hissed. "Ask her what?" Jellybean asked confused. "Nothing!" Jug said Quickly. "And later" he whispered into his dads ear. Before FP could respond to jughead, a hand touched jugheads shoulder; he spun around and was met with the faces of his friends: Toni, fangs and Sweetpea. "What are you guys going here?" Jug grinned as he hugged them all. "Betty flew us out, she said we were her friends and wanted us here" Toni smiled. "Yeah and she had us suits and Toni's dress made for us" fangs added. "I can't believe you're here!" Jug smiled. "Where are you staying?" Jug asked. "Betty's letting us stay in her LA apartment again" Sweetpea said. "You guys made it!" Jughead heard from behind him and saw Betty with a huge smile on her face. "Yes! Thank you for having us!" Toni said as Betty hugged them all. "Hey mr Jones, hey JB" Betty said as she also hugged them. "Hi betty, congratulations" FP said. "Thank you!" She said and tucked herself into jugheads side, he arm automatically coming around her waist. "It was really nice of you to fly Toni, fangs and sweets out" jug said. "It was no problem! I wanted them here" Betty smiled and he kissed her temple. "So shall we raid the food table? I'm hungry" Betty giggled. "Oh betty... I thought you'd never ask" Jug grinned.

"Betty! Come and make a speech!" Cheryl called from the stage. Betty sighed and made her way up the stage. "Well, I'm not good with speeches but I'll try my best..." Betty smiled as she spoke into the microphone. "First off, I just wanted to thank you all for coming and celebrating my book with me" she started. "This while project has been a journey, it's been hard and at times I didn't think I could finish it but I'm so thankful I stuck through with it and now it's finally here. I'm hoping that this book will show a different side to me, the real side. I'm not just a famous model, I'm a human being, and I'm hoping people can finally see me as me and not what you see in the media" she said. "I also have a few people I would like to thank... Cheryl, I couldn't have done any of this without you, thank you so much for being by my side and helping me every step of the way... Kevin, I've known you my whole life and you always find a way to make me happy, i would like to thank Josie, Veronica and Val, thank you for the laughs and for being the best glam squad... Archie and Reggie you are the funniest people I've ever met, thank you for keeping me safe" she said. "There's some new people I'd like to thank... Toni, fangs and Sweetpea you came into my life just when I needed some friends so thank you" she smiled and she saw them grinning back at her. "FP and jellybean... I don't really have much family, but you make me feel like I belong in yours, I can't thank you enough for that" she said and FP smiled and she saw the Tears in his eyes. "And finally... Jughead Jones" she said and her green eyes locked with his stormy blue ones. "I don't even know where to begin with you, you are my best friend and the love of my life. This book brought us together and I will forever be grateful for that" she smiled, the tears pooling in her eyes. "You've been my biggest support through this, you've held me as I've cried from all the stress, you've lifted me up and encouraged me and most importantly you have always been there at the end of the day with a cup of tea and hug, keeping me level headed" she said. "I love you all and thank you so much!" She finished and the room burst into cheers and claps. Betty made her way off the stage and jumped straight into jugheads arms. "I love you so much I'm so proud of you!" He said and planted a hard kiss on her mouth. "Jug?" She said. "Yes?" He said. "Let's get out of here" she giggled.

After saying goodbye to everyone, Jughead and Betty made their way to their hotel. "That was insane" Betty said when they were finally alone. She took off her shoes and carried on talking. "It's was better than I even imagined, nothing can top this night!" She beamed. "Well I'm hoping I can change that..." jug said and she spun around, confused and gasped with what she saw. Jughead was on one knee on the floor, holding a ring box with the most beautiful ring she'd ever seen. "Juggie..." she whispered and her hands flew to her mouth. "Betts... I can't believe I'm lucky enough to know you, to be in your life and to love you. You make me smile everyday, and you're so beautiful it hurts" he started and looked up at her, tears falling down her cheeks. "I never would've imagined that I someone as amazing as you could love me, and I don't ever want to imagine my life without you.... I love you so much... so Betty cooper will you marry me?".