Chapter 97

FP and jellybean had settled in well and after a few days, FP was walking around a bit and jellybean had started on her school work. Also, this meant Betty and jughead had to work. Luckily, jughead didn't have much scheduled, so he could still be with his family but Betty had a lot on her Calendar which meant she was very busy. Cheryl had booked Betty a photoshoot a lingerie line, in LA, which meant that Betty would have to leave New York, and jughead, FP and jellybean for a few days.

The morning she was supposed to leave, jughead found her sat on the edge of the bed, staring into space. "You okay?" He asked softly, moving to sit next to her and wrapping an arm around her. "I don't want to leave without you" she sighed, dropping her head to his shoulder. "I know betts, I wish I could come with you" he said. "I could just cancel it?" She suggested but jughead shook his head. "No betts, you don't need to do that" he said. "I know it will suck, not seeing each other for a few days but we can FaceTime and I'll text you all the time" he reassured her. "I know" she sighed. "Have you packed your stuff?" He asked after a Moment of just holding each other. "No, not yet" she said. "Okay come on then" he smiled, helping her up and pulling out her suitcase.  Eventually it was time for Betty to leave; after saying goodbye to FP and jellybean, jughead drove Betty to the airport. "I'll miss you" Betty whispered into his chest, not wanting to let him go yet. "I'll miss you too baby" he kissed her head. "Promise we can FaceTime?" She asked, pulling away. "I promise" he nodded. "I love you" he said. "I love you too" she smiled, kissing him once more. "I'll see you soon" he said as she picked her bag up. "Bye" she waved and he watched as she walked through the doors.

Hours later, Betty was in her hotel room, unpacking and waiting for jughead to pick up her FaceTime call. Moments later, the screen said connecting and jugheads face popped onto her screen. "Hey baby" he grinned. "Hi" she smiled. "How was your flight?" He asked as he watched her unpack her suitcase. "It was okay, I'm so tired though" she said. "Do you have anything planned for the rest of the day?" He asked and she nodded. "Yeah, I have a dinner with the brand I'm shooting for" she told him. "That sounds nice" he smiled. "What about you? What are you going to do today?" She asked, sitting on the bed and making sure he had her full attention. "Well jelly is doing her school work but I was going to take her out later, when she's done" he said and Betty smiled. "That will be good, where will you go?" She asked. "Maybe show her around more, grab some pizza or something" he shrugged. "How's your dad?" She said. "He's doing good, he was walking a little more today, he's watching tv on the couch currently" she informed. "That's great!" Betty grinned. It was silent for a moment until Betty spoke again. "I miss you" she sighed. "I miss you too betts but I'll see you in two days" he said. "I need to go now, and get ready for the dinner" she sighed. "I'll call you later" he promised. "I love you" she smiled. "I love you too" he said and they hung up.

The dinner dragged on, Cheryl was there talking about the shoot along with Veronica, Josie and Val so they could discuss styling options but all Betty wanted to do was crawl into her hotel bed and call jughead. "So we'll see you tomorrow" the woman in charge of the shoot said. "Bye" Betty smiled and waved as she stepped into her Uber and head back to her hotel. When she got there, she took a shower and took all her makeup off before climbing into bed and calling jughead. "Hi juggie" she smiled when he picked up. "Hi beautiful" he smiled. "You look tired baby" he said softly. "I am, I wish I could come home" she said. "You'll be okay betts" he assured her. "The bed feels too big without you in it" she sighed. "Tell me about it" he agreed. "How was your day?" She asked and they both caught each other up on what they'd missed since they had last seen each other. After about an hour of talking, Betty started to yawn. "Honey, if you're tired go to sleep" he smiled. "Okay... I love you all the way to New York" she smiled sleepily. "And I love you all the way to LA".